Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum > Food and Entertainment
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-27-2023, 08:55 AM   #1981
Wormius
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by zukes View Post
Another filler episode, this season of Bad Batch has been underwhelming.

Kind of feeling like Star Trek Prodigy at times.
Wormius is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Wormius For This Useful Post:
Old 01-27-2023, 09:07 AM   #1982
KTrain
ALL ABOARD!

Exp:

I might wait on Bad Batch and binge them all together. I've been watching week-to-week but that last couple have been pretty meh. Might be a better season as a binge.
KTrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2023, 10:04 AM   #1983
Yeah_Baby
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by KTrain View Post
I might wait on Bad Batch and binge them all together. I've been watching week-to-week but that last couple have been pretty meh. Might be a better season as a binge.
Also known as the Y_B Star Trek: Discovery approach.
Check out The Pod-Wraiths: A Star Trek Deep Space Nine Podcast
Yeah_Baby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2023, 11:48 AM   #1984
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeah_Baby View Post
Also known as the Y_B Star Trek: Discovery approach.
The 'Locke: Star Trek Discovery' approach is to have bailed and then pretend it doesnt exist.

This Post Has Been Distilled for the Eradication of Seemingly Incurable Sadness.

If you are flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a Fire Exit. - Mitch Hedberg
Locke is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Locke For This Useful Post:
Old 01-27-2023, 03:12 PM   #1985
#-3
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by KTrain View Post
First 4 haven't strung that tightly together. I suspect there will eventually be an arc we just aren't seeing yet.
#-3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2023, 09:48 AM   #1986
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

I thought that the last episode with the treasure hunt was a decent enough episode, but it is the second filler episode in a row and without Crosshairs or the Empire.

There is a possibility that the ancients that they referred to and the walker that they unleashed were linked to the Rakata infinite empire that pre dated the Jedi, and were created in the KOTOR games.

Look on my Works, ye Mighty, and despair!
CaptainCrunch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2023, 09:51 AM   #1987
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

They did jump back into Order 66 and the Empire in the last episode which I thought was a decent episode

Spoiler!

The Following User Says Thank You to CaptainCrunch For This Useful Post:
Old 02-03-2023, 03:38 PM   #1988
Knut

Exp:

Clone Wars was great, but it had some messed up storylines.

Knut is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Knut For This Useful Post:
Old 02-03-2023, 04:05 PM   #1989
TrentCrimmIndependent
Franchise Player

Exp:

Nm

Last edited by TrentCrimmIndependent; 02-03-2023 at 11:36 PM.
TrentCrimmIndependent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2023, 10:34 PM   #1990
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knut View Post
Clone Wars was great, but it had some messed up storylines.

Yeah a lot of this is really written to be taken out of context, and it comes across as dumb.

The brother and sister arc was a really awesome arc that included Ashoka getting bitten by the brother manifesting as a dungeon creature (Rat)

Ziro the hutt wasn't a gay stereotype. The person that wrote that is an idiot, it was a salute to Truman Capote Lucas was a fan of his.

Ashoka getting hunted by the Trandoshans was a really good series as well and it transitioned her from dependent padawan to more mature Ashoka.

The Yoda thing, again just stupid. Because at that point, the Jedi didn't know the secret of immortality in Canon, Qui-gon figured it out and the only person he talked to was Yoda.

And then he puts Hondo in there randomly. I loved that character and he had a great arc.

Its a pretty stupid list without context.

You could do this with almost any show.

The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to CaptainCrunch For This Useful Post:
Old 02-03-2023, 11:05 PM   #1991
ComixZone
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainCrunch View Post
Yeah a lot of this is really written to be taken out of context, and it comes across as dumb.

The brother and sister arc was a really awesome arc that included Ashoka getting bitten by the brother manifesting as a dungeon creature (Rat)

Ziro the hutt wasn't a gay stereotype. The person that wrote that is an idiot, it was a salute to Truman Capote Lucas was a fan of his.

Ashoka getting hunted by the Trandoshans was a really good series as well and it transitioned her from dependent padawan to more mature Ashoka.

The Yoda thing, again just stupid. Because at that point, the Jedi didn't know the secret of immortality in Canon, Qui-gon figured it out and the only person he talked to was Yoda.

And then he puts Hondo in there randomly. I loved that character and he had a great arc.

100% agree.

That list is complete trash due to the lack of context.

Also, even in its out of context style - all of the things listed are still better than what Rian Johnson wrote for The Last Jedi.
ComixZone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2023, 11:28 PM   #1992
Wormius
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ComixZone View Post
100% agree.

That list is complete trash due to the lack of context.

Also, even in its out of context style - all of the things listed are still better than what Rian Johnson wrote for The Last Jedi.

To be fair, I am actually fine with what Rian Johnson did. I mean, it was evident that nothing special was going to happen with those sequels as soon as we we got JJ Abrams’ regurgitation of ANH. It needed to be shaken up, but it’s too bad the shake up didn’t result in anything fruitful.
Wormius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2023, 11:59 AM   #1993
Duruss
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Quote:

I know all those stories and find the list to be funny, they even throw in the Jar Jar killed a guy at the end as the punch line. So yes you could do this with any show, star trek the next generation could be pretty good.
Duruss is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Duruss For This Useful Post:
Old 02-06-2023, 02:16 PM   #1994
Knut

Exp:

Honestly, Clone Wars is my favorite Star Wars. I just thought it was funny out of context.

Think about Game of Thrones

Vagina Demon etc.
Knut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2023, 05:42 PM   #1995
TrentCrimmIndependent
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wormius View Post
To be fair, I am actually fine with what Rian Johnson did. I mean, it was evident that nothing special was going to happen with those sequels as soon as we we got JJ Abrams’ regurgitation of ANH. It needed to be shaken up, but it’s too bad the shake up didn’t result in anything fruitful.
Nonsense

that "shake up" was a bag of dirty socks

it could have been shaken up in a multitude of more interesting ways

RJ took the most depressing whiteboard plan he could come up with. also the reveal that Rey was nobody, while maybe unexpected, was not exciting. and that's because it illuminates this idea that anybody can just become the most powerful force sensitive being in the galaxy

that seems silly to me. maybe I like the idea of lineage. or a logical "a-ha" answer for where her ridiculously strong abilities come from

it's a very Disney idea (anybody can be the one!) .. but in the realm of Star Wars, it's just disappointing

it does nothing for the lore. and we fans love that

the destruction of Lukes character is also a terrible way to shake things up. undoing a character built over the previous trilogy of installments isn't how you make an interesting deviation, because you're tarnishing what came before in order to do it. you can deviate while also being faithful to the writing

different for the sake of different is what RJ did, and it was bad-different all around, and the distinctions in his story provided no intrigue, excitement, nor curiousity

and his sequel can be fired into the sun (he can stay only for the Knives Out franchise)
Old 02-08-2023, 09:09 AM   #1996
Yeah_Baby
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrentCrimmIndependent View Post
Nonsense

that "shake up" was a bag of dirty socks

it could have been shaken up in a multitude of more interesting ways

RJ took the most depressing whiteboard plan he could come up with. also the reveal that Rey was nobody, while maybe unexpected, was not exciting. and that's because it illuminates this idea that anybody can just become the most powerful force sensitive being in the galaxy

that seems silly to me. maybe I like the idea of lineage. or a logical "a-ha" answer for where her ridiculously strong abilities come from

it's a very Disney idea (anybody can be the one!) .. but in the realm of Star Wars, it's just disappointing

it does nothing for the lore. and we fans love that

the destruction of Lukes character is also a terrible way to shake things up. undoing a character built over the previous trilogy of installments isn't how you make an interesting deviation, because you're tarnishing what came before in order to do it. you can deviate while also being faithful to the writing

different for the sake of different is what RJ did, and it was bad-different all around, and the distinctions in his story provided no intrigue, excitement, nor curiousity

and his sequel can be fired into the sun (he can stay only for the Knives Out franchise)
amazing, everything you just said was wrong
Old 02-08-2023, 09:13 AM   #1997
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Really good episode sorry 2 episodes of the Bad Batch that are more about what's happening in the Empire and the machinations of our favorite "I am the Senate". I'll write more about it tonight, because these episodes are important to the story going forward and why we don't see Clones in the OT.

Spoiler!

Old 02-08-2023, 09:24 AM   #1998
Yeah_Baby
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Really good episode sorry 2 episodes of the Bad Batch that are more about what's happening in the Empire and the machinations of our favorite "I am the Senate". I'll write more about it tonight, because these episodes are important to the story going forward and why we don't see Clones in the OT.

Spoiler!
I'm now hype. I'm a few episodes behind but this time of stuff I really wanted from a post-RotS show. The 'inter war' years between The Clone Wars and the Galactic Civil War fascinate me.

Honestly, the only thing I need now is The Bad Batch to have a Cabaret inspired episode.
Old 02-08-2023, 10:34 AM   #1999
TrentCrimmIndependent
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeah_Baby View Post
amazing, everything you just said was wrong
Alright holier than thou opinion guy
Old 02-08-2023, 10:56 AM   #2000
Yeah_Baby
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrentCrimmIndependent View Post
Alright holier than thou opinion guy
I was quoting the movie. My attempt at cheek didn't land as intended. Sorry.

(I do disagree with a lot of your points, but I think we just have different idea of what Star Wars is/could be but that's fine. I'm actually fine never discussing TLJ again)