Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > Fire on Ice: The Calgary Flames Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 08-17-2017, 09:11 AM   #7961
badger89
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Calgary has a LOT going for it. In fact, we ranked #5 in the world's most livable cities ranking for 2017. They only rank the top 10,000 cities, so Edmonton unfortunately didn't rank.
https://www.google.com.au/amp/s/amp....le-cities-2017

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to badger89 For This Useful Post:
Old 08-17-2017, 09:22 AM   #7962
CsInMyBlood
Franchise Player

Location: F*** me. We're so f***ing good, you check the f***ing standings? Lets f***ing go! F***ing practice!
Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by badger89 View Post
Calgary has a LOT going for it. In fact, we ranked #5 in the world's most livable cities ranking for 2017. They only rank the top 10,000 cities, so Edmonton unfortunately didn't rank.
But Oil Stain claims that Calgary and Edmonton are the exact same city, so it is a given that Edmonton is ranked 5 as well. Its fairly obvious they don't even need to rank Edmonton because Calgary and Edmonton are identical twins. If somebody claims they like Calgary, they also like Edmonton by default.

Am I doing this right?

Backlund for Selke 2017 2018
Oilers suck.
The Following User Says Thank You to CsInMyBlood For This Useful Post:
Old 08-17-2017, 09:25 AM   #7963
locsofblu
First Line Centre

Exp:

Edmonton is a toilet. That is all!
Old 08-17-2017, 10:05 AM   #7964
Jeromer2.0
Lifetime Suspension

Quote:
Originally Posted by badger89 View Post

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using Tapatalk
The inferiority complex on this forum warms my heart. The Oilers lock up a critical piece of their future for 8 seasons and we're playing the "Calgary is a more livable city" card!?! It's embarrassing really. Do better!
Old 08-17-2017, 10:14 AM   #7965
topfiverecords
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeromer2.0 View Post
The inferiority complex on this forum warms my heart. The Oilers lock up a critical piece of their future for 8 seasons and we're playing the "Calgary is a more livable city" card!?! It's embarrassing really. Do better!
Calgary is guaranteed to be more livable for the next 8 years. It's not guaranteed Leon will be a critical piece each of the next 8 years.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to topfiverecords For This Useful Post:
Old 08-17-2017, 10:16 AM   #7966
vilzeh
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Lol, k dude.
Old 08-17-2017, 10:19 AM   #7967
jaikorven
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Go read the signing thread and then come back and tell us again why this signing is going to screw the Oilers in the next year or two.
Old 08-17-2017, 10:21 AM   #7968
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Quote:

Look on my Works, ye Mighty, and despair!
Old 08-17-2017, 10:24 AM   #7969
Love
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Quite the irony speaking about an inferiority complex while actively trying to defend your team/city on a rival's message board
Old 08-17-2017, 10:29 AM   #7970
the2bears
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
"We're playing"? You're an Oiler fan, doing some concern trolling.
Old 08-17-2017, 10:55 AM   #7971
Jeromer2.0
Lifetime Suspension

Quote:
Originally Posted by Love View Post
Quite the irony speaking about an inferiority complex while actively trying to defend your team/city on a rival's message board
Flames fan living in Edmonton. Have lived in both cities for 15+ years each. Wife is an Oilers fan. Many of my friends are Oilers fans and will say unequivocally that the narrative on this site is exactly why Oilers fans think we're losers. Take a tour of the Oilers HF thread and you'll notice that 95% of the conversation cebtres around Oilers hockey while the majority of the conversation here centres around the Oilers. Can't we just be proud of our team and city without drawing comparisons to other teams and cities?
Old 08-17-2017, 10:57 AM   #7972
Love
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Take a tour of the Oilers HF thread and you'll notice that 95% of the conversation cebtres around Oilers hockey while the majority of the conversation here centres around the Oilers.
The Oilers "around the league" thread hosts their very own GDT every time the Flames step onto the ice
Old 08-17-2017, 11:00 AM   #7973
Coach
Franchise Player

Exp:

Nothing makes me smile more than a sports team fan posting on the message boards of their most hated rival, in a thread specifically designed to mock their team, on the subject of "inferiority complex".
Old 08-17-2017, 11:03 AM   #7974
Lanny_McDonald
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Pretending to be a Flames fan living in Edmonton. Have lived in both cities for 15+ years each. Wife is an Oilers fan. Many of my friends are Oilers fans and will say unequivocally that the narrative on this site is exactly why Oilers fans think we're losers. Take a tour of the Oilers HF thread and you'll notice that 95% of the conversation cebtres around Oilers hockey while the majority of the conversation here centres around the Oilers. Can't we just be proud of our team and city without drawing comparisons to other teams and cities?
Fixed your post.
The Following 10 Users Say Thank You to Lanny_McDonald For This Useful Post:
Old 08-17-2017, 11:07 AM   #7975
---Hatrick---
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Flames fan living in Edmonton. Have lived in both cities for 15+ years each. Wife is an Oilers fan. Many of my friends are Oilers fans and will say unequivocally that the narrative on this site is exactly why Oilers fans think we're losers. Take a tour of the Oilers HF thread and you'll notice that 95% of the conversation cebtres around Oilers hockey while the majority of the conversation here centres around the Oilers. Can't we just be proud of our team and city without drawing comparisons to other teams and cities?
It's mid August man. We want us some E=NG talk. You, or no one else can take that from us!
Old 08-17-2017, 11:08 AM   #7976
northcrunk
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

I still wish we would have left the 10 year thread open. Because they really are that no good.
The Following User Says Thank You to northcrunk For This Useful Post:
Old 08-17-2017, 11:13 AM   #7977
Major Major
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Yep, that's not true. There may not be a thread, but the ATL thread as well as many others become Calgary centric. There is a thread on the mains that is exclusively oilers fans with the title "flames goalies that bad or overrated D"... Something to that effect. And I've seen plenty of city bashing there too. Plus we could each tell one another a million anecdotes of entitled clueless oiler fans. Doesn't really mean anything.

Also, there are dozens of oiler fans on this site that rush to their team's defence and try to inflame the rivalry. Are they losers? Does that make them a city and fan base of losers? Does your coming onto this site and saying that we are a fan base of losers make you a loser? Maybe. I don't have the answers, but it's fun to speculate.

Have fun living in Edmonton as a flames fan surrounded by oilers fans while refusing to run your mouth when your team gives its rival the sweet sweet chin music over and over again this year. Sounds like a blast!
Old 08-17-2017, 11:18 AM   #7978
TheIronMaiden
Franchise Player

Exp:

Oilers fan's awareness when it comes to future sustainability is suspect. When in comes to goal tending for example, Talbot played 7 more games than any other goalie last year, and played 494 more minutes than any other goalie during the regular season. Yet, Oiler fans and media are expecting a similar performance with a similar work load. Talbot may be a good goalie, but he is expected to face more shots than any other goalie in the league. Good might not always be good enough. Over working a goalie is not a sustainable model.
Old 08-17-2017, 11:18 AM   #7979
dash_pinched
Franchise Player

Exp:

A Flames fan should be able to spell Iggy's first name correctly.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to dash_pinched For This Useful Post:
Old 08-17-2017, 11:18 AM   #7980
CgyFlamesftw
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

Quote:
You kidding me. I view hf daily. HFOil is a cult and way worse. Anytime a flames fan posts in the hfoil forum it's an auto ban, or anytime a flames fan offers their opinion against the Oilers on the main forum it gets deleted.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to CgyFlamesftw For This Useful Post:
Closed Thread