Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community
Old 08-30-2012, 10:33 AM   #181
Komskies
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by PowerPlayoffs06 View Post
So what you're saying is that you choose to play Scissors and Rock keeps beating you, so Rock should get nerfed even though you admit that Paper can beat Rock. I guess you should get nerfed too so that Paper can beat your Scissors, right?

This mentality was so prevalent in WoW. I really hope AN stays smart and doesn't bend to that kind of bs thinking and go with the Flavor of the Month Class type of PvP WoW had.
"Rock is fine, scissors are OP." -Paper
Komskies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 10:44 AM   #182
Muffins
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Any interest in starting up a CP guild?

I guess it's insanely easy to start a guild, so I would be willing to set it up if need be.
Old 08-30-2012, 10:51 AM   #183
Diemenz
First Line Centre

Exp:

I down for a CP guild.
But i have a feeling the majority of guild talk revolves around JBo being soft and stajans contract.
Old 08-30-2012, 10:58 AM   #184
Muffins
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

It wouldn't feel much like a CP guild if we didn't talk about those things.
Old 08-30-2012, 12:09 PM   #185
Thor
God of Hating Twitter

Exp:

This is driving me crazy. I downloaded the 14 gig file here locally in Iceland, and I can not get it to recognize that, it seems to be doing the full download and I can't figure out why.

Last edited by Thor; 08-30-2012 at 12:11 PM.
Thor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 12:51 PM   #186
likwid888
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thor View Post
This is driving me crazy. I downloaded the 14 gig file here locally in Iceland, and I can not get it to recognize that, it seems to be doing the full download and I can't figure out why.

Why not just let it download through the launcher then? Seems like you're getting good download speeds.
likwid888 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 12:55 PM   #187
Thor
God of Hating Twitter

Exp:

Well thats 3hrs of downloading more, and also means another 14 gigs taken off my monthly quota.

This seems to be something to do with permissions, I tried removing read only off the folder but it always comes back.
Old 08-30-2012, 01:34 PM   #188
Lithium
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thor View Post
Well thats 3hrs of downloading more, and also means another 14 gigs taken off my monthly quota.

This seems to be something to do with permissions, I tried removing read only off the folder but it always comes back.
You won't care once you step foot into the world though.
Lithium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 08:38 AM   #189
Qwerty
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raekwon View Post
I don't know how magic find works in this game but this is what I have found. During questing I received an augment to add 1% magic find to an item. My brother says ever since he used that on his weapon he sees lots of green drops. I add it to my helm and literally the first trash mob I kill drops a green and a few since then.

Get magic find!
The color is based on item level, at higher levels you get more greens then blues. You will start to get mostly greens with the odd yellow or orange later on. Get food, I use choclate oranges for 28% magic find and 10% exp.
Qwerty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 08:51 AM   #190
Muffins
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

So I just started crafting last night and wow! I was missing out on some really easy XP.
The only issue I have now is I have no fata'ing room in my bank or inventory with all the crafting stuff I have.
Old 08-31-2012, 09:01 AM   #191
CaramonLS
Retired

Exp:

Apparently using "discovery" is the ticket to good XP.

I am not sure exactly how though, I haven't spent really any time in crafting yet.
CaramonLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 09:16 AM   #192
Muffins
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Discovery tab

The discovery tab allows you to attempt to mix and match components to learn a new recipe. Drag and drop or double-click items to add (or remove) them from the mix. When using the discovery pane, you only see items which fulfill all of the following criteria:

The item is in your inventory.
The item is within your crafting level of use.
The item is in an undiscovered recipe.
As you add (or remove) items, you can also see how many unlocked recipes remain. If there are none, you can press the reset button to start from scratch. Some of the recipes ingredients may be beyond your current crafting level.

Trial and error
Placing a crafting material in one of the available slots at a crafting station will result in one of the following messages:

"[#] possible unknown recipes! Add more compatible ingredients!"
"0 possible unknown recipes! Try removing some ingredients!"
Success!
If you find a valid combination of items and have sufficient quantities of each, you will see the following message.

"This looks like something! Craft the item to save the recipe."
Crafting the listed item reveals its name and unlocks its recipe.

Notes
Remember that you may not have all the materials in inventory needed to complete a potential recipe, or some of the ingredients in a recipe may be beyond your current crafting level to use.
Multiple items can use the same list of ingredients, although each recipe must be learned separately. For example, a Large Green Haft and Small Green Haft each require two Green Wood Planks. Players can only discover the second recipe after learning the first.
Once you have discovered all possible combinations for a material, that material will no longer display in the discovery pane.
looks like it tells you if an item will help unlock a recipe.
Old 08-31-2012, 10:54 AM   #193
Komskies
Franchise Player

Exp:

I've tried the discovery tab with my Cooking, but I'm having a hell of a time finding 4 ingredients that actually lead to a discovery. Usually I have 2 or 3 ingredients of the required 4, but of course I don't know what the 4th is. Has anybody found a list of discovery recipes and the required ingredients?
Komskies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 10:59 AM   #194
Muffins
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

http://www.gw2db.com/recipes/cook

Doesn't say which are discovery or not but should be useful still
Old 08-31-2012, 01:06 PM   #195
Ashasx
Franchise Player

Exp:

I have so much ingredients in my bag. Just takes up space. Where can I put them instead?
Ashasx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 01:50 PM   #196
Raekwon
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashasx View Post
I have so much ingredients in my bag. Just takes up space. Where can I put them instead?
My bags?
Raekwon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 02:01 PM   #197
psicodude
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashasx View Post
Are you using your personal bank? It can be accessed while you have one of the crafting stations open. It's only 30 slots I think though.
psicodude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 02:21 PM   #198
Qwerty
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by psicodude View Post
Are you using your personal bank? It can be accessed while you have one of the crafting stations open. It's only 30 slots I think though.
You can upgrade the amount of bags you have and also your bank wtih gems. You can trade gold for gems if you are against buying them.

Here is my tip to easy cooking exp. You can get 300 in an hour (like 7 levels)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TE_wB...ature=youtu.be

You may have to do a couple hearts but it is an EASY 7 levels. I went from 75-80 in about 45 minutes with a +craftingexp boost on. I only went from 1-200 in cooking.

Go do the hearts and gather the materials listed for Karma (VERY CHEAP, like 20 karma for 25 cherries) . Follow that exactly as you use the starting stuff later. Will cost you about 50sp I believe to get to around 400. The cherries/oranges give +25% magic find which is good to always have on.
Qwerty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2012, 03:46 PM   #199
Thor
God of Hating Twitter

Exp:

Anyone in a big guild I could join, like to think above an above average player
Old 08-31-2012, 06:04 PM   #200
Ashasx
Franchise Player

Exp:

I will say, while I'm not a big fan of the combat, this is unquestionably the best MMO since WoW.

I hope it forces Blizzard to wake the hell up and focus on their own game. Though, I expect they won't, and we'll have to wait for Titan.

Things that I like:
- the leveling pace. It's perfect. You don't zip through zones in an hour like WoW. It actually feels like an accomplishment as you reach the higher levels.
- leveling rollback in zones in which you are a higher level. Fantastic idea. Doesn't force you to rush even if you've overleveled the zone.
- the world. Just beautiful.
- freedom in weapons/play style.

Things I don't like:
- the crafting system. Needlessly complicated, little rewards. Ironically, I think one of the few MMOs to actually do crafting professions correctly is Runescape.
- the map. It's difficult to find the borders of zones, to know where zones are, etc. This is always a pet peeve of mine for MMOs. WoW's map is an example of how to do it right.
- some weapon combinations seem to be simply awful. I'd like to dual wield swords as a Warrior, for example, but it's simply not as good as using a shield or a greatsword (the greatsword number 2 skill is better than anything else, AINEC).
- confusion of instances. Don't know where the are, and there seems to be extremely few of them.
- not a fan of the chat system. Again, there are a number of things WoW does correctly, and it's the social aspect.
- the voice acting. Do I seriously have to play as Nathan Drake?

Last edited by Ashasx; 08-31-2012 at 06:40 PM.
Ashasx is offline   Reply With Quote