Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community
Old 08-13-2017, 09:39 AM   #101
CaramonLS
Retired

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flash Walken View Post
This game is an absolute hog on my system.

Just outrageous demands on my ram and gpu. Turn down all the settings and it's still BRAHHHH 76 DEGREES GPU BRAAAHHHH

I don't have any other titles that do this. BF1 on ultra and i'm cruising in the 70 range.
I'd play on the lower settings anyways. Gives you a tactical advantage since the foliage doesn't get in the way and allows you to see other players better.
CaramonLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2017, 10:54 AM   #102
GoinAllTheWay
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaramonLS View Post
I'd play on the lower settings anyways. Gives you a tactical advantage since the foliage doesn't get in the way and allows you to see other players better.
?? Is that still a thing? I thought they set the foliage to be the same regardless of what resolution you were playing at several updates ago?
GoinAllTheWay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2017, 05:30 PM   #103
CaramonLS
Retired

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoinAllTheWay View Post
?? Is that still a thing? I thought they set the foliage to be the same regardless of what resolution you were playing at several updates ago?
You might be right, I have not been checking the patch notes with any regularity.
CaramonLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2017, 07:39 AM   #104
cDnStealth
First Line Centre

Exp:

My friend decided to open up one of those gamescon crates on a whim and what does he get? A freaking black skirt that's currently selling for $150. Unbelievable lol.

I've been having some fun with the first person servers. It sure does take a lot to get use to though.
cDnStealth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2017, 05:08 PM   #105
Coys1882
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by cDnStealth View Post
My friend decided to open up one of those gamescon crates on a whim and what does he get? A freaking black skirt that's currently selling for $150. Unbelievable lol.

I've been having some fun with the first person servers. It sure does take a lot to get use to though.
lol - can't believe people pay that for cosmetic items. Whatever floats your boat! You're buddy essentially won two new games

Which do you prefer? 3PP or FPP? I can't play 3PP anymore - it just doesn't feel right.
Coys1882 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2017, 05:31 PM   #106
cDnStealth
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coys1882 View Post
lol - can't believe people pay that for cosmetic items. Whatever floats your boat! You're buddy essentially won two new games

Which do you prefer? 3PP or FPP? I can't play 3PP anymore - it just doesn't feel right.
Ya it's ridiculous but whatever. I am more than happy to let people pay me money for digital cosmetics. I just know that if I opened up one of those crates I'd end up with some 10 cent pants lol.

It's taking a while for me to get used to it but I prefer FPP. When I first began playing the game I complained that 3PP was kinda like cheating so I am happy they implemented FPP. There are a lot more opportunities to sneak up on people now.
The Following User Says Thank You to cDnStealth For This Useful Post:
Old 08-17-2017, 07:35 PM   #107
Coys1882
First Line Centre

Exp:

I like that someone behind a wall can't see me because of 3PP.

I also like that I don't know where someone is firing from all the time. I can hide behind a tree but have stick my head out to see instead of rotating the camera. Makes it more exciting.
Coys1882 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2017, 10:14 AM   #108
cDnStealth
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coys1882 View Post
I like that someone behind a wall can't see me because of 3PP.

I also like that I don't know where someone is firing from all the time. I can hide behind a tree but have stick my head out to see instead of rotating the camera. Makes it more exciting.
Oh for sure. There are a lot more opportunities to actually sneak up on someone in FPP. I find it a lot more intense too with the reduced awareness and vision.
Old 08-19-2017, 10:32 AM   #109
Flash Walken
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

The biggest difference I notice is that in FPP I get sniped significantly less because people who are laying in the grass can't periscope around to see who else might be running along the horizon.

If you want to snipe someone in FPP you have to risk exposing your location just to see if someone is around.
Flash Walken is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Flash Walken For This Useful Post:
Old 12-11-2017, 11:19 AM   #110
Raekwon
First Line Centre

Exp:

I finally feel like PUBG is ready, the test server is giving high FPS and great QoL changes. Talked a friend into picking it up and playing duo squad games is 1000 times more fun than solo IMO. I only play FPP I think 3rd person is pointless and allows for too many camera angle tricks to see.
Raekwon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2017, 12:05 PM   #111
Since1984
First Line Centre

Exp:

If I read the XBOX Blog correctly PUBG goes live tonight at 9pm PST. Will be interesting to see how the XBOX version plays. Will anyone else be playing??
Since1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2017, 12:21 PM   #112
Raekwon
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Since1984 View Post
If I read the XBOX Blog correctly PUBG goes live tonight at 9pm PST. Will be interesting to see how the XBOX version plays. Will anyone else be playing??
I'm very curious how it will be on Xbox but don't want to pay to find out. I think I will watch live streams and let them be the testers for now.
Old 12-11-2017, 12:26 PM   #113
burn_this_city
Franchise Player

Exp:

Waffled on purchase when I saw it was 3rd person, definitely buying now that they have FP mode.
burn_this_city is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2017, 10:42 AM   #114
Since1984
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by burn_this_city View Post
Waffled on purchase when I saw it was 3rd person, definitely buying now that they have FP mode.
I believe as of right now, FPP is only available on the PC version. But I could be wrong I only played 1 game last night and couldn't find out how to switch to FPP. I will be playing tonight after the flames game though.

Last edited by Since1984; 12-12-2017 at 11:13 AM.
Since1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2017, 11:27 AM   #115
Raekwon
First Line Centre

Exp:

Played a couple xbox games last night, FPP servers are not available right now but will be. Its going to need some polish but its going to play nice I think, little laggy and buggy right now but playable IMO.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Raekwon For This Useful Post:
Old 12-13-2017, 11:31 AM   #116
Robo
Franchise Player

Exp:

any one try that stand out game for vr pretty much just like player unknown still early access but kinda fun. The only downside I can only play for like 10 mins before I feel like I'm going to hurl all over my computer
Robo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2017, 02:11 PM   #117
btimbit
Franchise Player

Exp:

Is this game any better than when it came out? I played a few rounds back in March but didn't see it as something id sink more than 3-4 hours into before moving on. Someone at work is talking about it though and I'd be willing to try it again
btimbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2017, 03:00 PM   #118
Raekwon
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by btimbit View Post
Is this game any better than when it came out? I played a few rounds back in March but didn't see it as something id sink more than 3-4 hours into before moving on. Someone at work is talking about it though and I'd be willing to try it again
Its going to Version 1.0 or official release on Dec 20. Try it then as all the new bells and whistles will be in and rankings etc.
The Following User Says Thank You to Raekwon For This Useful Post:
Old 12-21-2017, 12:31 PM   #119
chemgear
Franchise Player

Exp:

Geeeez ouch.

chemgear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2017, 01:35 PM   #120
Raekwon
First Line Centre

Exp:

Meh, someone took the worst of the worst. I have never seen it like that on Xbox not even during the first hour of release. They stated the Xbox is 6 months behind PC development also. here is a better look.