Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > Fire on Ice: The Calgary Flames Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-16-2019, 12:02 AM   #41
SeanCharles
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Struch View Post
So when Stone is cleared, does Kylington or Prout get demoted?

Giordano - Brodie
Hanifin - Hamonic
Stone - Andersson
Kylington/Prout

Valimaki - injured
Well there is still only 13 forwards on the roster so once he is cleared no roster moves will be required until Valimaki is healthy.

I doubt it will happen but when the time comes I hope they waive Prout and send him down to the farm.

He's our 9th best dman and even if we send down one of the lefties we will have 7 guys available.

I just don't picture him being claimed.
SeanCharles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2019, 10:00 AM   #42
agulati
Franchise Player

Exp:

Valimaki probably gets sent down too, when he is healthy, for some time. He has missed quite a few games in his rookie year
agulati is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2019, 10:43 AM   #43
GioforPM
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by agulati View Post
Valimaki probably gets sent down too, when he is healthy, for some time. He has missed quite a few games in his rookie year
I think he stays down until the roster limit increases at least. There's no pressing need to get him up here, and despite the fact he proved he could do it, that injury is nothing to take lightly. Game speed will be a big issue.
GioforPM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2019, 11:05 AM   #44
Toonage
Taking a while to get to 5000

Exp:

Exactly. No rush to get him back up here. Kylington has been fantastic in that spot.
Toonage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2019, 10:16 AM   #45
PugnaciousIntern
First Line Centre

Exp:

Bump.

He would have met with the doctors over a week ago, and should have been making steps forward by now if he got the green light and stopped the blood thinners. That’s concerning that he’s not back skating with the rest of the lineup. Maybe we were a little premature; this could be a few more months
PugnaciousIntern is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to PugnaciousIntern For This Useful Post:
Old 02-04-2019, 10:25 AM   #46
Textcritic
Acerbic Cyberbully

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by PugnaciousIntern View Post
Bump.

He would have met with the doctors over a week ago, and should have been making steps forward by now if he got the green light and stopped the blood thinners. That’s concerning that he’s not back skating with the rest of the lineup. Maybe we were a little premature; this could be a few more months
Maybe. But if he was close but not yet ready would he have been on the two-game road trip only for practices? I suspect the timing has as much to do with the absence of information as anything. We will know more this week.

Quote:
Originally Posted by woob
"...harem warfare? like all your wives dressup and go paintballing?"
"The Lying Pen of Scribes" Ancient Manuscript Forgeries Project
Textcritic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2019, 10:30 AM   #47
TheScorpion
First round-bust

Exp:

With another fairly sizable break from here until the Flames' next game on the 7th, I'd be surprised if we didn't get any news in the coming days. Something will arise out of the practices and I imagine the reporters will be asking Peters about Stone's status. If Hammer is out for a few more games it'd be good for the team to give Stone some reps at full game-speed in his place.

TheScorpion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2019, 11:05 AM   #48
Robbob
Franchise Player

Exp:

The one benefit for Stone is he has had the green light to skate hard for a long time, it is just contact that he has to avoid. So if he is off blood thinners and is just waiting for things to normalize in his body, than having him show up in a couple weeks would be like adding an asset at the trade deadline with how long he has been away.
Robbob is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Robbob For This Useful Post:
Old 02-04-2019, 11:08 AM   #49
Royle9
First Line Centre

Exp:

I'm not sure I agree with Stone being ready having almost 0 game experience for most of this season. I mean maybe, but a low cost playoff experienced defenseman would be more ideal.

Case and point Mr.Nylander up in Toronto. He was skating hard, contact practices etc for the first part of the season and its not really translating at all yet in the big show.

I'd be hesitant to have Stone jump into meaningful games while being expected to play 12-15 minutes a night.
Royle9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2019, 11:11 AM   #50
Robbob
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Royle9 View Post
I'm not sure I agree with Stone being ready having almost 0 game experience for most of this season. I mean maybe, but a low cost playoff experienced defenseman would be more ideal.

Case and point Mr.Nylander up in Toronto. He was skating hard, contact practices etc for the first part of the season and its not really translating at all yet in the big show.

I'd be hesitant to have Stone jump into meaningful games while being expected to play 12-15 minutes a night.
There will obviously be some game manage needed. Someone can correct me if I am wrong, but I believe it was reported that he would be willing to do a conditioning stint. The question then is, whom would you rather play, Prout who has minimal game action or Stone with just practice time?
Robbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2019, 11:14 AM   #51
Toonage
Taking a while to get to 5000

Exp:

At this point, given how much ice time Prout has seen would there really be much difference?

All things being equal, and they almost are, go with the better player. Stone.
Toonage is offline   Reply With Quote