Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum > Tech Talk
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-26-2017, 10:10 PM   #1
calf
broke the first rule

Exp:
Default Importing an OST file into Outlook

Last week windows corrupted on me and I had the fine folks as Memory Express do a full backup and reinstall of Windows.

I have most of my programs back and reinstalled, but, am unable to import the OST file into Outlook to retrieve my emails (couldn't make a PST backup file before the reinstall).

Google is telling me I need to download a conversion program to turn it into a .PST, then I can import it to Outlook. Easy enough. My question is, what is a good program to use? Would like to use a program that is reliable/credible but doesn't cost an arm and a leg, but mainly won't infect my computer with a bunch of malware.

Any recommendations? Or should I just go back to ME?

Last edited by calf; 10-26-2017 at 10:26 PM.
calf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2017, 11:11 PM   #2
Hack&Lube
Atomic Nerd

Exp:

The OST is just a cached version of the mailbox on the mail server. Where was the mail server? Can you reconnect to it?

This is your personal Outlook? Not Outlook connected to an Exchange server?

I can't say that I've ever tried this. This tool seems to have a free version that lets you preview the results and see if you are happy with it at least. Maybe you could give that a go. I would suggest making a copy and backing up that OST file first. If you are wary of malware, try it on a different computer you don't care about and get your emails back, make a PST and import it into your primary machine.

https://www.stellarinfo.com/convert-ost-to-pst.php

Last edited by Hack&Lube; 10-26-2017 at 11:18 PM.
Hack&Lube is offline   Reply With Quote