Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-01-2024, 11:39 AM   #5821
_Q_
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

The only democracy in the Middle East is moving to ban Aljazeera and limit freedom of the press.

https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2024/...own-al-jazeera

Quote:
Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu has promised to “act immediately to stop” Al Jazeera’s operations in the country after the Israeli parliament approved a law that grants senior ministers powers to shut down foreign news networks deemed a security risk.

“Al Jazeera will no longer be broadcast from Israel,” Netanyahu wrote in a post on X after the law was approved in its final readings on Monday. “I intend to act immediately in accordance with the new law to stop the channel’s activity
_Q_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2024, 02:30 PM   #5822
activeStick
Franchise Player

Exp:

https://twitter.com/user/status/1774836314052973039
activeStick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2024, 02:37 PM   #5823
_Q_
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by activeStick View Post
Israel doing their best to bait Iran into an all out war.
Old 04-01-2024, 05:23 PM   #5824
afc wimbledon
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Q_ View Post
well Netanyahu, if he can get a war going with Hezbollah/Iran he can back off on Gaza but still stay in power due to the 'national emergancy'

Iran is broke and Russia has bought all their drones so they will fume impotently but do little I suspect
afc wimbledon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2024, 12:38 AM   #5825
FlamesAddiction
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Q_ View Post
I have bowed out of this thread for the most part because it has become an echo chamber for the most part. The talk of Zionist colonialism was also a red herring argument, as if Arabs weren't one the most successful colonizers the world has ever seen. They colonized The Levant, North Africa, Persia, Al Andalus, parts of Italy, and Central Asia. Most of these areas were almost completely wiped of the original inhabitants and their culture even up to today. It was genocide everywhere they went if we use modern sensibilities of genocide.

This is a map of Arab conquest and colonization. The dark green is their home land, and everything else is what they tried to take from the natives (including Jews)

Arabs aren't autochthonous to Israel or Palestine any more than the Turks, British or French after them. Jews were autochthonous in Israel and taking back Israel can be looked at as decolonization. Something I support in Canada as well, even though it would be uncomfortable for someone like me.

If I could push a button right now that would make all the hostilities stop, I would press it in a second. The situation in Gaza is sad and tragic for a lot of people even if they enjoyed October 7th, I would like to see more precision in taking out Hamas specifically. That was the tactic I hoped they would take on day one, but the gloves came off. I am still in the release the hostages and Hamas surrenders mindset, because that is the easiest path to peace and Palestinian statehood. They have the power to do it, but they won't. That is where the UN should be focusing. They really need to do that for their own people.

But the part about Israel trying to goad Iran in to a war is backwards. Iran has been subsidizing and arming proxies against Israel for a long time (Hamas, Hezbollah, Houthis, plus other state actors. Iran has been attacking Israel through their proxies over several years, and Israel barely blinks an eye at them. Iran has been the one trying to goad Israel into a larger conflict. If Israel bites this time, that is because they took the bait Iran gave them.

Just remember, this war ends if the hostages are released and Hamas leader surrender. At the point. Palestine can get full UN recognition for a state. Until then, nothing else if going to happen but more destruction.
Old 04-02-2024, 04:11 AM   #5826
afc wimbledon
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlamesAddiction View Post
I have bowed out of this thread for the most part because it has become an echo chamber for the most part. The talk of Zionist colonialism was also a red herring argument, as if Arabs weren't one the most successful colonizers the world has ever seen. They colonized The Levant, North Africa, Persia, Al Andalus, parts of Italy, and Central Asia. Most of these areas were almost completely wiped of the original inhabitants and their culture even up to today. It was genocide everywhere they went if we use modern sensibilities of genocide.

This is a map of Arab conquest and colonization. The dark green is their home land, and everything else is what they tried to take from the natives (including Jews)

Arabs aren't autochthonous to Israel or Palestine any more than the Turks, British or French after them. Jews were autochthonous in Israel and taking back Israel can be looked at as decolonization. Something I support in Canada as well, even though it would be uncomfortable for someone like me.

If I could push a button right now that would make all the hostilities stop, I would press it in a second. The situation in Gaza is sad and tragic for a lot of people even if they enjoyed October 7th, I would like to see more precision in taking out Hamas specifically. That was the tactic I hoped they would take on day one, but the gloves came off. I am still in the release the hostages and Hamas surrenders mindset, because that is the easiest path to peace and Palestinian statehood. They have the power to do it, but they won't. That is where the UN should be focusing. They really need to do that for their own people.

But the part about Israel trying to goad Iran in to a war is backwards. Iran has been subsidizing and arming proxies against Israel for a long time (Hamas, Hezbollah, Houthis, plus other state actors. Iran has been attacking Israel through their proxies over several years, and Israel barely blinks an eye at them. Iran has been the one trying to goad Israel into a larger conflict. If Israel bites this time, that is because they took the bait Iran gave them.

Just remember, this war ends if the hostages are released and Hamas leader surrender. At the point. Palestine can get full UN recognition for a state. Until then, nothing else if going to happen but more destruction.
Israel isn't deciding, Bibi is the one looking desperately to keep the conflict going so he stays in power and out of jail, I think he has overplayed his hand with Biden (they hate each other anyway) and this is costing him dear at home, there is an American lobby in Israel, the US abstaining was a big deal, what Bibi wants is a way to keep the/a war going, if he can goad Iran into reacting with Hezbollah it sets the stage for an invasion of Lebanon, that keeps him out of jail for a year or so, at this stage he is desperate
afc wimbledon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2024, 06:43 AM   #5827
PepsiFree
Participant
Participant

Exp:

World Central Kitchen charity halts Gaza operations after Israeli strike kills 7 workers

Quote:
DEIR AL-BALAH, Gaza Strip (AP) — An Israeli airstrike killed seven aid workers with World Central Kitchen, leading the charity to suspend delivery Tuesday of vital food aid to Gaza, where Israel’s offensive has pushed hundreds of thousands of Palestinians to the brink of starvation.

Cyprus, which has played a key role in trying to establish a sea route to bring food to the territory, said ships that recently arrived were turning back — with some 240 tons of undelivered aid.

Andrés — whose charity has operated in several countries wracked by wars or natural disasters, including Israel after the attack that triggered the current conflict — said he was “heartbroken” by the deaths of his colleagues.

“The Israeli government needs to stop this indiscriminate killing. It needs to stop restricting humanitarian aid, stop killing civilians and aid workers, and stop using food as a weapon,” he wrote on X, formerly Twitter.

The charity said the team was traveling in a three-car convoy that included two armored vehicles, and its movements had been coordinated with the Israeli army.
https://apnews.com/article/israel-ha...5a2800f71c0e6c
PepsiFree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2024, 08:44 AM   #5828
Zary's-Mustache
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Quote:

Can't believe people actually believe this. There were no hostages before October 7th and no Palestinian state. This war does not end with the hostages released. 0 chance.

Also do the actions of Israel make it seem like they care about Israeli hostages? Even in Israel where hostages were being held on Oct 7th they literally burnt homes and tanks blew up homes knowing Israeli hostages were in there just so they can kill the terrorists.

Its very clear that Israel actually doesn't care about the hostages.
Zary's-Mustache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2024, 08:48 AM   #5829
Zary's-Mustache
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by PepsiFree View Post
World Central Kitchen charity halts Gaza operations after Israeli strike kills 7 workers

https://apnews.com/article/israel-ha...5a2800f71c0e6c
Wow. This is digusting even by Israel standards. They had coodinated with Israel and they still blew up charity workers. Where is the outrage?

Israel is a evil evil state.
Zary's-Mustache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2024, 09:10 AM   #5830
PepsiFree
Participant
Participant

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zary's-Mustache View Post
Wow. This is digusting even by Israel standards. They had coodinated with Israel and they still blew up charity workers. Where is the outrage?

Israel is a evil evil state.
A charity that provided aid to Israel in the aftermath of October 7th, no less.
PepsiFree is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2024, 09:25 AM   #5831
_Q_
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:

This has been discussed before, so I don't care to go too much in to this argument.

Most Arabs today are indigenous to their homeland and don't come from the Arabian Peninsula. Palestinians aren't Saudis any more than Mexicans are from Spain or Canadians are from England.
Old 04-02-2024, 10:08 AM   #5832
Flames Fan, Ph.D.
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

The thing most people don’t know about aid workers who bring food is that the platters they use to serve are really large and can easily hide a Hamas member underneath.
Flames Fan, Ph.D. is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Flames Fan, Ph.D. For This Useful Post:
Old 04-02-2024, 10:20 AM   #5833
_Q_
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

UK summons Israeli ambassador over aid workers death.
https://www.reuters.com/world/uk/uk-...rs-2024-04-02/

Quote:
LONDON, April 2 (Reuters) - Britain on Tuesday summoned the Israeli ambassador over the deaths of aid workers in Gaza, the foreign ministry said.
"I set out the Government's unequivocal condemnation of the appalling killing of seven World Central Kitchen aid workers, including three British Nationals," Britain's Minister for Development and Africa, Andrew Mitchell, said.
Canada's Melanie Joly condemns the attack on aid workers in which 1 canadian was killed:
https://www.reuters.com/world/canada...be-2024-04-02/

Quote:
"I am horrified to hear reports of the IDF strike taking the lives of seven World Central Kitchen employees in Gaza yesterday, including a Canadian citizen," Canadian Foreign Minister Melanie Joly said on Tuesday.
The Following User Says Thank You to _Q_ For This Useful Post:
Old 04-02-2024, 10:26 AM   #5834
Fuzz
Franchise Player

Exp:

Apparently "never again" only applies to one of god's people, eh?

So disgusting. Where are the cheerleaders of death, destruction, and starvation today? Anyone? Anyone? Monsters.
Fuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2024, 10:29 AM   #5835
activeStick
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzz View Post
So disgusting. Where are the cheerleaders of death, destruction, and starvation today? Anyone? Anyone? Monsters.
Give them time. The 4 or 5 posters will come in and distract with other stuff.
activeStick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2024, 11:57 AM   #5836
ResAlien
Lifetime In Suspension

Exp:

Omelettes and eggs guys. Omelettes and eggs. Sometimes your drone needs to take three separate passes to really mow them down and make sure the pro terrorism aid workers are truly good and dead.
ResAlien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2024, 12:06 PM   #5837
burn_this_city
Franchise Player

Exp:

Guess I shouldn't be surprised we're bring up 1,300 years ago to justify why people who lived somewhere 1,900 years ago belong more. Triple tapping aid workers and feigning surprise eventually stops being plausible, beware your own echo chambers and propaganda.
burn_this_city is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2024, 12:07 PM   #5838
AltaGuy
AltaGuy has a magnetic personality and exudes positive energy, which is infectious to those around him. He has an unparalleled ability to communicate with people, whether he is speaking to a room of three or an arena of 30,000.

Exp:

196 aid workers killed in Gaza since Oct 7. But Israel isn't intentionally starving a captive population, is it? They wouldn't do that...
AltaGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2024, 12:19 PM   #5839
_Q_
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by burn_this_city View Post
Guess I shouldn't be surprised we're bring up 1,300 years ago to justify why people who lived somewhere 1,900 years ago belong more. Triple tapping aid workers and feigning surprise eventually stops being plausible, beware your own echo chambers and propaganda.
Didn't you hear? The best way to decolonize a land is to genocide the current inhabitants and replace them with a group of white people that believe their sky daddy promised them that land.
Old 04-02-2024, 12:20 PM   #5840
PsYcNeT
Franchise Player

Exp:

Don't worry, the Zionists themselves are jerking off to it in their massive TG channels dedicated to mocking the dead.

Spoilered for dead people and a complete lack of humanity.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMastodonFarm View Post
Settle down there, Temple Grandin.
PsYcNeT is offline   Reply With Quote