Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum > Tech Talk
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-25-2013, 10:41 AM   #1
CaramonLS
Retired

Exp:
Default Asus T100 Transformer Book

Link

Looks like a really good deal - $399 for the 32 gig model. Comes w/ full version of windows / office as well.

I'm in the market for a non-apple tablet, but I am not sure whether I should get a windows based platform or an Android one. I know there are a myriad of threads on the topic, but they are a total mess to navigate.

Thoughts?
CaramonLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2013, 10:58 AM   #2
Rathji
Franchise Player

Exp:

What do you want to do on your tablet?

If it is just web surfing / media consumption, then honestly, the platform doesn't matter.

If you are creating documents and trying to do some real work, Windows is a bit better, and RT comes with full Office 2013 Suite.

The real difference in platform comes in access to games or other apps, where Windows RT is sometimes lacking, but Windows Pro has the entire x86 catalog available.

The most important thing is to pick a physical form factor that works with what you need to do. The platform part is really not a deal breaker either way imho.