Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community
Old 11-05-2021, 05:46 AM   #601
Scroopy Noopers
Pent-up

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by savemedrzaius View Post
How do people feel about vaccinating children age 3 and up? If that was pushed what would your opinions be? They are starting to push to have all students vaccinated in China.
Well that hasn’t been approved by any regulatory bodies… so I imagine everyone would say no thanks. It also wouldn’t happen…. Because it’s not approved.

If it was approved, then the opposite response.
Scroopy Noopers is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Scroopy Noopers For This Useful Post:
Old 11-05-2021, 06:19 AM   #602
savemedrzaius
Help, save, whatever.

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scroopy Noopers View Post
Well that hasnít been approved by any regulatory bodiesÖ so I imagine everyone would say no thanks. It also wouldnít happenÖ. Because itís not approved.

If it was approved, then the opposite response.
Just because I live in China and I wouldn't want my kid to get it here. Canada I'd be more trusting if the government approved it. So I was wondering if it makes me an anti-vaxxer! I have the vaccination shots but I'm not sure I want my 10 year old to get it here.
savemedrzaius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2021, 08:10 AM   #603
Scroopy Noopers
Pent-up

Exp:

Quote:
Just because I live in China and I wouldn't want my kid to get it here. Canada I'd be more trusting if the government approved it. So I was wondering if it makes me an anti-vaxxer! I have the vaccination shots but I'm not sure I want my 10 year old to get it here.
No ####.
Scroopy Noopers is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2021, 09:32 AM   #604
You Need a Thneed
Voted for Kodos

Exp:

We vaccinate 3 month olds regularly here.

The age of the patient is never a concern. If thereís any concern itís with the vaccine itself (I know nothing about the Chinese vaccines, so canít make any comment on that)
Old 11-05-2021, 11:02 AM   #605
Hot_Flatus
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GGG View Post
Itís the correct choice to do the least damage to the health care system.

Ideally all health care workers would be vaccinated. But if the choice is fire X workers and X is larger than you can handle or have daily rapid testing hopefully paid by the employee the you have to choose the latter.

It sucks but at some point firing people is more damaging.

In non-public facing roles daily testing should be a reasonable accommodation as it accomplishes the employers goals of protecting other employees.
This may not be legal, but in terms of benefits, it's not right that a company, the province and/or insurance carrier would be forced to pick up the slack and ultimately pass the costs on to everyone else.

All antivaxx degenerate scum should be signing waivers to relinquish their paid sick leave and long term benefits if they become ill with Covid-19.
Old 11-05-2021, 12:19 PM   #606
Julio
First Line Centre

Exp:

Aaron Rodgers.
That's the post.
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to Julio For This Useful Post:
Old 11-05-2021, 01:20 PM   #607
MoneyGuy
Franchise Player

Exp:

I’m a Packers fan; he’s a lying moron.
MoneyGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2021, 01:34 PM   #608
chedder
First Line Centre

Exp:

Aaron Rodgers today:

"Look, I'm not, you know,#some sort of anti-vax#flat-earther. I am somebody who is a critical thinker,"#the Green Bay signal caller told#"The Pat McAfee Show."
"I believe strongly in bodily autonomy and ability to make choices for your body: Not have to acquiesce to some woke culture or crazed group of individuals

In other words, I don't give s##t about anybody but me. And, no you're not a critical thinker, you're a moron who happens to be able to throw a leather ball really far.
chedder is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to chedder For This Useful Post:
Old 11-05-2021, 01:37 PM   #609
DownInFlames
Craig McTavish' Merkin

Exp:

Golf clap

https://twitter.com/user/status/1456697651131523073
DownInFlames is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DownInFlames For This Useful Post:
Old 11-05-2021, 02:36 PM   #610
AFireInside
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by chedder View Post
Aaron Rodgers today:

"Look, I'm not, you know,#some sort of anti-vax#flat-earther. I am somebody who is a critical thinker,"#the Green Bay signal caller told#"The Pat McAfee Show."
"I believe strongly in bodily autonomy and ability to make choices for your body: Not have to acquiesce to some woke culture or crazed group of individuals

In other words, I don't give s##t about anybody but me. And, no you're not a critical thinker, you're a moron who happens to be able to throw a leather ball really far.
My favourite part of the Aaron Rodgers story today is him saying he's a "critical thinker", "he did his own research", "concerned about sterility", and the absolute kicker that completely goes against him being a critical thinker "I asked my good buddy JOE ROGAN for advice".

For a critical thinker he doesn't seem to understand much of anything. "Why do vaccinated people still get covid then?!". Such a selfish idiot.
AFireInside is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 9 Users Say Thank You to AFireInside For This Useful Post:
Old 11-05-2021, 03:48 PM   #611
Hemi-Cuda
wins 10 internets

Exp:

The NFL and Packers subreddits are amazing reading material right now
Hemi-Cuda is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Hemi-Cuda For This Useful Post:
Old 11-05-2021, 07:25 PM   #612
Cecil Terwilliger
That Crazy Guy at the Bus Stop

Exp:

Quote:
He's apparently 'furious' he got outed by the league for not being vaccinatedÖbut until he stops complaining about being a victim of his own actions, he's actually Kaaron Rodgers.
Lol
Cecil Terwilliger is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Cecil Terwilliger For This Useful Post:
Old 11-06-2021, 06:33 AM   #613
Cali Panthers Fan
Franchise Player

Exp:

Boy, the term "outed" means something muuuuuch different now compared to when I was growing up.
Cali Panthers Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2021, 07:42 AM   #614
Swift
Not Taylor

Exp:

Swift is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Swift For This Useful Post:
Old 11-06-2021, 08:40 AM   #615
Scorch
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemi-Cuda View Post
The NFL and Packers subreddits are amazing reading material right now
Best comment from a Packers fan Iíve read so far

ďWish this dude would have just leaked his dick pic, it'd be so much easier to deal with.Ē
Scorch is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Scorch For This Useful Post:
Old 11-06-2021, 09:29 AM   #616
GGG
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Isnít that the same argument that anti-vaxxers in Canada are making. They donít trust the government therefore any data from the government canít be taken seriously. And in Canada and the US there is history of governments performing experiments on people without consent So while China is worse I donít think the simple I donít trust China, I trust Canada is that robust of an argument.

How much publicly available data has there been on the testing and approval process for the vaccine? How much information is out there on vaccine effectiveness of the existing vaccines? Is there evidence of China manipulating study data? Itís certainly in Chinaís best interest to get Covid rates as low as possible so at the population level it would be good policy but is it correct at the individual level?
GGG is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to GGG For This Useful Post:
Old 11-06-2021, 03:59 PM   #617
Yamer
Franchise Player

Exp:

https://twitter.com/user/status/1456834641546076162

"I see as much misery out of them moving to justify theirselves as them that set out to do harm."
-Dr. Amos "Doc" Cochran
Yamer is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following 12 Users Say Thank You to Yamer For This Useful Post:
Old 11-06-2021, 07:25 PM   #618
blankall
Ate 100 Treadmills

Exp:

Quote:
Isnít that the same argument that anti-vaxxers in Canada are making. They donít trust the government therefore any data from the government canít be taken seriously. And in Canada and the US there is history of governments performing experiments on people without consent So while China is worse I donít think the simple I donít trust China, I trust Canada is that robust of an argument.

How much publicly available data has there been on the testing and approval process for the vaccine? How much information is out there on vaccine effectiveness of the existing vaccines? Is there evidence of China manipulating study data? Itís certainly in Chinaís best interest to get Covid rates as low as possible so at the population level it would be good policy but is it correct at the individual level?
Hmm....not the same. I trust our healthcare system a lot more than China's. Not only is their healthcare of lower quality, but they have a government that actively lies and withholds truths.

Multiple countries have already put out vaccines that don't work, despite claims otherwise. There's a reason that covid is rampant in Russia and Eastern Europe.

No one should ever put blind faith in any government. As a Canadian, you should, however, listen to the Canadian government before the Chinese one. I would not take any vaccine in China, until the Canadian government approves it. Canada has yet to approve the Chinese vaccines.

Are we also forgetting that the Chinese government's cover up is likely responsible for this pandemic? I don't trust anything the Chinese government states about Covid at this point. Your point about this being the logic that anti-vaxxers use is flawed, as all governments are not the same. That's like stating you should inhale all gases since air is a gas.
blankall is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to blankall For This Useful Post:
Old 11-06-2021, 07:40 PM   #619
GGG
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by blankall View Post
Hmm....not the same. I trust our healthcare system a lot more than China's. Not only is their healthcare of lower quality, but they have a government that actively lies and withholds truths.

Multiple countries have already put out vaccines that don't work, despite claims otherwise. There's a reason that covid is rampant in Russia and Eastern Europe.

No one should ever put blind faith in any government. As a Canadian, you should, however, listen to the Canadian government before the Chinese one. I would not take any vaccine in China, until the Canadian government approves it. Canada has yet to approve the Chinese vaccines.

Are we also forgetting that the Chinese government's cover up is likely responsible for this pandemic? I don't trust anything the Chinese government states about Covid at this point. Your point about this being the logic that anti-vaxxers use is flawed, as all governments are not the same. That's like stating you should inhale all gases since air is a gas.
I agree with you that the Canadian government is more trustworthy than the Chinese government. I don’t have an evidentiary basis to that position, I have a faith based one. Have you actually evaluated the trustworthiness of the Canadian medical system? I certainly haven’t.

It’s also not relevant that Chinese vaccines aren’t approved in Canada. The most likely reason is they have never been submitted for approval in Canada.

I think the best argument for the PFIZER/Moderna/AZ product is that multiple governments have approved them rather than just one.

To reject the vaccine because the Chinese government is the one providing is not a well reasoned position. I wouldn’t be first in line to give my kid a Chinese vaccine though

Last edited by GGG; 11-06-2021 at 07:44 PM.
GGG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2021, 08:59 PM   #620
blankall
Ate 100 Treadmills

Exp:

Quote:
I agree with you that the Canadian government is more trustworthy than the Chinese government. I donít have an evidentiary basis to that position, I have a faith based one. Have you actually evaluated the trustworthiness of the Canadian medical system? I certainly havenít.

Itís also not relevant that Chinese vaccines arenít approved in Canada. The most likely reason is they have never been submitted for approval in Canada.

I think the best argument for the PFIZER/Moderna/AZ product is that multiple governments have approved them rather than just one.

To reject the vaccine because the Chinese government is the one providing is not a well reasoned position. I wouldnít be first in line to give my kid a Chinese vaccine though
You don't have any evidentiary basis for the Canadian government being more trustworthy than the Chinese one? What about the plethora of examples of China violating human rights. Free speech? Free media? Freedom of religion? Freedom of association? Etc...

No. I don't trust anything from China. Yes, if a Chinese made vaccine went through similar scrutiny as the ones already approved in Canada, even if Canada didn't approve it (assuming they didn't have a good reason not to), I would be on board. But if it was just the Chinese government telling me it's okay...No, I'm not giving that to my kid.
blankall is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to blankall For This Useful Post: