Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > Buy And Sell > Ticket Exchange
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Notices

Old 05-18-2022, 09:12 AM   #21
agulati
Franchise Player

Exp:

What ends up happening if you don’t sell at market value is that there is a chance for the buyer to flip them at a significant profit. That is what I’m seeing for my seats for Game 1. Sold them through Fansfirst. I got 725ish/Pair (660ish after their fees). I now see them listed there for $1000/Pair as the person who bought them is flipping them. I don’t know if they end up selling at that price (they probably don’t).

Obviously selling through Calgarypuck is very different and I would expect most buyers if not all, not buying for the sake of flipping the tickets. Usually when I drop my prices the first place I do so is here. It is also the only place I usually sell my tickets for below my cost during the regular season.
agulati is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2022, 09:36 AM   #22
Leondros
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacDaddy77 View Post
yea I guess my issues lies more with the flames allowing the 2nd set at reduced price.
That shouldn't be your issue. The first round was soft as hell for the secondary market anyway. I couldn't make one game and was looking to resell half my seats and they were both sold below cost after the 10% discount. If anything on Fans First people are getting a DEAL below what people were paying for tickets for round 1.

Obviously that changes with an Oilers/Flames round with effectively doubling the size of the demand with only a 3 hour drive. But you can't be mad at STH who have taken considerable financial risk.
Leondros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2022, 10:13 AM   #23
The Cobra
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by agulati View Post
What ends up happening if you don’t sell at market value is that there is a chance for the buyer to flip them at a significant profit. That is what I’m seeing for my seats for Game 1. Sold them through Fansfirst. I got 725ish/Pair (660ish after their fees). I now see them listed there for $1000/Pair as the person who bought them is flipping them. I don’t know if they end up selling at that price (they probably don’t).

Obviously selling through Calgarypuck is very different and I would expect most buyers if not all, not buying for the sake of flipping the tickets. Usually when I drop my prices the first place I do so is here. It is also the only place I usually sell my tickets for below my cost during the regular season.
I had someone buy tickets on CP from me for a bargain price during the season to immediately flip them.

I won't be selling tickets to that person again.
The Cobra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2022, 10:14 AM   #24
Royle9
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Cobra View Post
I had someone buy tickets on CP from me for a bargain price during the season to immediately flip them.

I won't be selling tickets to that person again.
Shoulda outed them to the MODS, that's sad and shameful.
Royle9 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Royle9 For This Useful Post:
Old 05-18-2022, 10:21 AM   #25
OptimalTates
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Royle9 View Post
Shoulda outed them to the MODS, that's sad and shameful.
And everyone else
OptimalTates is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to OptimalTates For This Useful Post:
Old 05-18-2022, 10:45 AM   #26
MacDaddy77
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leondros View Post
That shouldn't be your issue. The first round was soft as hell for the secondary market anyway. I couldn't make one game and was looking to resell half my seats and they were both sold below cost after the 10% discount. If anything on Fans First people are getting a DEAL below what people were paying for tickets for round 1.

Obviously that changes with an Oilers/Flames round with effectively doubling the size of the demand with only a 3 hour drive. But you can't be mad at STH who have taken considerable financial risk.
well if that happens in the future send me a pm. Same goes for anyone else.

I'd be happy to take tickets for STH prices just cant afford to take kids to games for door price +++
MacDaddy77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2022, 10:48 AM   #27
MacDaddy77
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:

To be clear, I'm not upset with you or anyone selling your original tickets for whatever you want.

The issue I have is that STH had the option to acquire a 2nd set of tickets which are being sold for well above face value and are offsetting the cost of original tickets. Some STH I know are essentially going to playoff games for free.
MacDaddy77 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to MacDaddy77 For This Useful Post:
Old 05-18-2022, 10:55 AM   #28
Royle9
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
To be clear, I'm not upset with you or anyone selling your original tickets for whatever you want.

The issue I have is that STH had the option to acquire a 2nd set of tickets which are being sold for well above face value and are offsetting the cost of original tickets. Some STH I know are essentially going to playoff games for free.
I understand your point, but I see both sides of it.

With that said, you can thank ticketmaster for releasing small amounts of additional tickets and then releasing a bunch on the re-sale site for added cost.
Then on top of that, they've added absorbent amounts of fee's of which both the BUYER and SELLER have to pay. It's absolutely bull#### and a joke.
Royle9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2022, 11:03 AM   #29
Leondros
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:

My point is that can't be the case in round 1. The market was too soft and the second set acquired was only a 10% discount. There is no way they are making any material amount of money on that second set. If anything its more likely they are selling for a slight loss. Atleast that's my case in the secondary market.

I hear the frustration, and that will certainly change in round 2.
Old 05-18-2022, 11:04 AM   #30
Leondros
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Royle9 View Post
I understand your point, but I see both sides of it.

With that said, you can thank ticketmaster for releasing small amounts of additional tickets and then releasing a bunch on the re-sale site for added cost.
Then on top of that, they've added absorbent amounts of fee's of which both the BUYER and SELLER have to pay. It's absolutely bull#### and a joke.
The amount Ticketmaster must be making is substantial. Especially as they get fees on the initial purchase (besides STH) and then on any secondary ticket sale if it goes through exchange.
The Following User Says Thank You to Leondros For This Useful Post:
Old 05-18-2022, 11:30 AM   #31
Draug
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:

Absolutely! And what is wrong with that??? I added tickets to my STH account too. Some for friends, some for extended family, and some for me to use with my family .... and will sell some of my original seats.

But, first, it is not even close to free! Consider the ability to add seats for the playoffs as a perk of being a season ticket holder. For my 2 pairs in 212, I was on the hook for $23,000 last season. I lost thousands of dollars on games that I cannot attend (who can, with kids, attend 45 games per year). So, even if I value each game I attend with my kids as full value for the cost, I am out a lot of money.

Damn right there is nothing wrong with adding tickets for the playoffs! First, you might only get 2 home games, and 3 kids dream of going with me. So I need to add in order to continue the family hockey experience. And, when that is fulfilled every round, I don't see how anyone can have an issue with selling at a profit for current games.

And those that dont have season tickets, or dont feel it worth the cost, pay the cost of a ticket sold at profit for the playoffs, and be happy you are going! You knew the costs and the perks of being a season ticket holder every summer. For the 23 years I have had tickets, there has always been an option to add tickets for the playoffs. And, incidentally, always the requirement to buy 4 preseason games at full cost, and also -30 degrees Monday night games vs Arizona in January too!
Draug is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Draug For This Useful Post:
Old 05-18-2022, 11:41 AM   #32
chedder
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
My point is that can't be the case in round 1. The market was too soft and the second set acquired was only a 10% discount. There is no way they are making any material amount of money on that second set. If anything its more likely they are selling for a slight loss. Atleast that's my case in the secondary market.

I hear the frustration, and that will certainly change in round 2.
This. These people weren't whining when they bought tickets to the first round for less than cost. Now it's a series 31 years in the making and the tickets are expensive. No s#$t Sherlock.
chedder is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to chedder For This Useful Post:
Old 05-18-2022, 12:04 PM   #33
FlamesFanStrandedInEDM
First Line Centre

Exp:

I feel if you’ll happily accept a pair of tickets from a STH for 40% of cost (because that’s what the market is paying) you shouldn’t have a problem with the STH being able
Charge whatever the market is paying come BoA time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
FlamesFanStrandedInEDM is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to FlamesFanStrandedInEDM For This Useful Post:
Old 05-18-2022, 02:46 PM   #34
The Cobra
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:

No STH are going to games for free.

And the cost of getting additional tickets was not at STH prices.
The Cobra is offline   Reply With Quote