Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community
Old 01-11-2018, 09:01 AM   #1
Ragz
Backup Goalie

Exp:
Default Listing is about to expire, what should we do.

We listed back in October and in our area + price point, the sales have been very stagnant not one sale in our direct comparables. We are priced what I consider very aggressive (under $25000) 3 realtors CMAs, we do have a realtor and are not using a discount listing office.

Our listing expires in a couple of weeks, our initial thoughts were; let's wait out the slow months and relist in mid\late-March. Is this a good idea, our realtor brought up a good point in if a buyer does come along and we are not listed is that a loss of a sale, of course, it's in the realtors best interest to get us to renew and relist. Would you use the same realtor, if your goal is to sale would you relist right away or wait for more movement in the market?
Old 01-11-2018, 10:19 AM   #2
HockeyIlliterate
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Do you "need" to sell or are you just interested in selling and moving to somewhere/something else?

If it is the former, then I'd relist. If it is the latter, I'd probably pull the listing and wait for more movement in the market. I wouldn't use the same relator in either case, however (unless they've brought you potential buyers who failed to qualify or what have you).
Old 01-11-2018, 10:43 AM   #3
Ragz
Backup Goalie

Exp:

We are just looking to move somewhere else.

No potential buyers, only 2 showings in 3 months.....
Old 01-11-2018, 11:40 AM   #4
iggy_oi
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragz View Post
We are just looking to move somewhere else.

No potential buyers, only 2 showings in 3 months.....
If Travis isn’t your current realtor(which given the number of showings you’ve had I’m confident is likely the case), I would suggest going with him when your current listing expires. I’ve met and dealt with a number of realtors, and no disrespect to them but I would never even consider having anyone else handle a property sale or purchase for me in the future.
Old 01-11-2018, 05:22 PM   #5
Travis Munroe
Realtor®

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by iggy_oi View Post
If Travis isn’t your current realtor(which given the number of showings you’ve had I’m confident is likely the case), I would suggest going with him when your current listing expires. I’ve met and dealt with a number of realtors, and no disrespect to them but I would never even consider having anyone else handle a property sale or purchase for me in the future.
Thank you - I appreciate that.

I am limited as to what I can say on a public forum as you are already under contract until the listing expires. If you were to contact me directly, I could have a look over things and prepare an evaluation in addition to the ones you have already received.

Clients who are wanting to sell right now are being advised to wait a bit longer. I am preparing all of the details and marketing behind the scenes but don't want to hit the market just yet. There are some exceptions where tenants are leaving or the property is already vacant. If that is the case, there is no harm in getting to the market asap as the property is costing money to sit empty.

OFFICIAL CP REALTOR & PROPERTY MANAGER
Travis Munroe | Century 21 Elevate | 403.971.4300

Residential Buying & Selling
info@tmunroe.com
www.tmunroe.com

Property Management
travis@mpmCalgary.com
www.mpmCalgary.com
Old 02-06-2018, 10:47 PM   #6
GullFoss
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Realtor 1 View Post
Clients who are wanting to sell right now are being advised to wait a bit longer. I am preparing all of the details and marketing behind the scenes but don't want to hit the market just yet.
Interesting. Why is this?
Old 02-07-2018, 05:39 PM   #7
Travis Munroe
Realtor®

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GullFoss View Post
Interesting. Why is this?
I should have been more clear but I was agreeing with the original posters thoughts about holding off during January and waiting until February at the very least. We went through that extreme cold snap, the holidays had just ended and the market is usually slower.

Each situation is unique but if it makes no difference in the clients life as to whether you are listed at the start of January or wait until February, I would wait until February. Days on market is an indicator many buyers use to determine what their offer price will be and I don't see much of a point in burning 30 days unless there is no negative in doing so.

info@tmunroe.com
www.tmunroe.com

Property Management
travis@mpmCalgary.com
www.mpmCalgary.com
Old 02-22-2018, 12:37 AM   #8
GullFoss
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
I should have been more clear but I was agreeing with the original posters thoughts about holding off during January and waiting until February at the very least. We went through that extreme cold snap, the holidays had just ended and the market is usually slower.

Each situation is unique but if it makes no difference in the clients life as to whether you are listed at the start of January or wait until February, I would wait until February. Days on market is an indicator many buyers use to determine what their offer price will be and I don't see much of a point in burning 30 days unless there is no negative in doing so.
Ah ok. Gotcha...

I'm starting to hear quite a bit of anecdotal evidence about the real estate market being the slowest since the downturn began in early-2015 (from an activity perspective). But eventually, I suppose that translates into more price leverage for buyers if the slow down lasts long enough.

I've heard this both from prospective buyers (main complaint being lack of depth, slow pace of new listings) and from industry professionals (real estate agents, inspectors, mortgage brokers, etc all saying activity levels are really low)

I was just curious if you've also observed this slow down and perhaps had a view that it was more seasonal noise (winter months) rather than something more fundamental.

Last edited by GullFoss; 02-22-2018 at 12:39 AM.
Old 02-22-2018, 01:51 PM   #9
Travis Munroe
Realtor®

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GullFoss View Post
Ah ok. Gotcha...

I'm starting to hear quite a bit of anecdotal evidence about the real estate market being the slowest since the downturn began in early-2015 (from an activity perspective). But eventually, I suppose that translates into more price leverage for buyers if the slow down lasts long enough.

I've heard this both from prospective buyers (main complaint being lack of depth, slow pace of new listings) and from industry professionals (real estate agents, inspectors, mortgage brokers, etc all saying activity levels are really low)

I was just curious if you've also observed this slow down and perhaps had a view that it was more seasonal noise (winter months) rather than something more fundamental.
Would be great if the OP could update on his/her plans or if he/she sold!!

The weather has made it tough to predict where this spring is headed however I seem to be on track for another busy season based on the prep work I am putting in for buyers and new listings right now. February was / has been one of the slower Februarys in years past but as I say above, the activity levels often roll with the weather and the weather hasn't been much fun. I am excited to see what March brings.

info@tmunroe.com
www.tmunroe.com

Property Management
travis@mpmCalgary.com
www.mpmCalgary.com
The Following User Says Thank You to Travis Munroe For This Useful Post:
Old 02-22-2018, 04:44 PM   #10
Ragz
Backup Goalie

Exp:

We ended up waiting out January and re-listed a bit over a week ago with a different realtor. so far we had more hits with a potential offer coming in then what we had in 3 months with the previous realtor, although they did have our listing during a slow time. Would we of seen the same activity with the previous realtor, who knows but our current guy does do more advertising, I do not regret changing.

I'm sure from the reviews that I have read that Travis would of be a great realtor to work with and just as good as anyone else, but our new realtor came highly recommended from a very good family friend and they are also a top Remax realtor.
The Following User Says Thank You to Ragz For This Useful Post:
Old 02-22-2018, 07:07 PM   #11
GullFoss
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
Would be great if the OP could update on his/her plans or if he/she sold!!

The weather has made it tough to predict where this spring is headed however I seem to be on track for another busy season based on the prep work I am putting in for buyers and new listings right now. February was / has been one of the slower Februarys in years past but as I say above, the activity levels often roll with the weather and the weather hasn't been much fun. I am excited to see what March brings.
Interesting. Thanks for the color.