Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community
Old 03-31-2008, 11:47 PM   #41
ResAlien
Lifetime In Suspension

Exp:

Easy for me. I don't know if you have them in Calgary but the "He went to Jared" commercials for diamonds. Just ######ed. Also the Molson commercials here where someone drops a bottle, smashes it, and a magical nature scene springs forth from the barroom floor like a bad trip, and people all stare at it like mouth breathing morons. Gimmie the Labatt bear, that was better.

Last edited by ResAlien; 03-31-2008 at 11:52 PM.
ResAlien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2008, 12:05 AM   #42
RougeUnderoos
Franchise Player

Exp:

That guy from The Colbert Report and "watching hockey, expected, drinking beer expected bla bla bla". That guy was actually funny on the show. That ad drives me to drink (not Canadian).

I'm plenty sick of the Telus ones too. Funny thing though -- I know a major international luxury brand actually considered (and may still be considering it) blatantly ripping it off and using it in the States because they've never seen it. It was and still is really successful. It is annoying but everyone knows it. Some of the songs they've used (I'm thinking specifically about the hippopotamus for Christmas) were huge for them. Whoever cooked that one up got a promotion.

RougeUnderoos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2008, 12:10 AM   #43
Robbob
Franchise Player

Exp:

I need to throw my hat in for the stupid panago guy that wears a hard hat while BBQing and while in the kitchen. They make me want to SMASH.
Robbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2008, 12:18 AM   #44
Sainters7
Franchise Player

Exp:

Those Mountain Crest beer commercials. I wanna punch that guy in the face. Since when can you even buy beer cans at the bar anyways, let alone Mountain Crest beer cans?
Sainters7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2008, 12:19 AM   #45
dissentowner
Franchise Player

Exp:

That new Listerine commercial where he hits the bag and the fluff comes flying out and the Listerine guy and the Toothbrush dude look like they just got the best BJ ever. All set to Rocky music too no less.
dissentowner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2008, 12:22 AM   #46
krazycanuck
Won the Worst Son Ever Award

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by dissentowner View Post
Those freakin shampoo commercials..Herbal Essence maybe where the girl has 6000 orgasms from shampooin her head...I don't want a constant reminder that a shampoo can do that to a woman but damned if I can!
hahahaha....classic!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dissentowner View Post
or any tampon, yeast infection product commercial which always air mysteriously at the same time you are tryin to eat supper. I have an issue with hearing about yeast infections while tryin to eat mashed potato's or tampons while squeezing a ketchup bottle
agreed.

It's been mentioned many times, but fatass Panago guy needs to go. The Subway commercials are also an entirely new level of terrible. What the hell is that music? Also, the future shop commercials are pretty horrible...the one that was airing around Christmas with the guy choosing between a song and an ipod for his girlfriend was cringe worthy.

I actually don't mind the Telus commercials so much, aside from they really need to change those commercials up more often, that's something in general with canadian commercials...there are only 12 different commercials in rotation at any given time...i swear.
krazycanuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2008, 08:20 AM   #47
Titan
First Line Centre

Exp:

This thread makes me so happy to have Tivo. You don't know true pain until you have Tivo, never have to watch these crappy commercials all season, and then go to the inlaws and watch the game there. My thumb twitched the whole time trying to fast forward the commercials. It was terrible, Jerry, terrible!!!
Titan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2008, 09:19 AM   #48
SeeGeeWhy
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

All of them, which is why I have a PVR.
SeeGeeWhy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2008, 09:29 AM   #49
Russic
Dances with Wolves

Exp:

I cannot believe the philosophical Toyota cowboy has only been mentioned once. I keep waiting for the truck to hit him, but it never does.

Telus is it's own joke, so I won't even start.

Hard hat panago guy just makes me angry. Nothing makes me want fatty food less then seeing chubby people sweat while talking about it.

How can I be the first person to mention the pepto ads with the people grabbing their asses, singing about diarrhea?
Russic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2008, 11:48 AM   #50
Thor
God of Hating Twitter

Exp:

SO agree with all the ones so far, can't STAND Telus and loathe those stupid banking commercials. YES quit trying to pretend you give a rats a s s about people.

For me though Walmart takes the cake, all they do is try to show themselves as this big caring company with their 'tug at the heart' commercials. They should do a reality one just once, have a walmart employee losing their trailor after the medical bills become too much.

Oh yeah, and I LOVE MY PVR, DIE COMMERICIALS DIE!
Thor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2008, 11:52 AM   #51
Mango
Marshmallow Maiden

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4X4 View Post
She's saying 'manga manga'. Italian for eat. Boy does she botch the accent. She sound more like an east indian.
The rock climbing one annoys me the most, especially when the microwave appears.

Make it stop!
Mango is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2008, 11:53 AM   #52
llama64
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robbob View Post
I need to throw my hat in for the stupid panago guy that wears a hard hat while BBQing and while in the kitchen. They make me want to SMASH.
One of these days Panago is going to release a commercial featuring him getting "too close" to a fire roasted tomato pizza. As in "American Pie" close.

Seriously, I've had Panago pizza. Even Pizza Hut is better then that garbage.
llama64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2008, 11:57 AM   #53
Jayems
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russic View Post
How can I be the first person to mention the pepto ads with the people grabbing their asses, singing about diarrhea?
Hands down the most idiotic, annoying, useless adverts in the history of mankind.

Seriously. It seems as though they rounded up semi-######ed people from the local mental hospital and told them to act out what happens when they're alone... and filmed it.
Jayems is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2008, 12:01 PM   #54
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

The Toyota truck guy makes me never want to drive one. I don't want to become some long haired hippy who waxes on about Truck wisdom

The Panago guy, who the frick thinks its a good idea to have a fat guy as the spokes person for a inherantly fat guy food product. I'd feel guilty just looking at him.

Zoom Zoom Zoom, need I say more.

Feminine protection products that don't talk about mace or flame throwers or machine guns.

The Axe body commercial where the guy busts his head into the wall and peels off the dead skin. Dude there was a shower three feet away.

Look on my Works, ye Mighty, and despair!
CaptainCrunch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2008, 12:02 PM   #55
The Goon
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Those really generic BRAND POWER commercials that show up everywhere and has that woman with the dark hair and odd breasts walking through a supermarket.

I don't know why they drive me nuts, but they do. Maybe it's just how cheap they look.
The Goon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2008, 12:05 PM   #56
Got Miikka?
One of the Nine

Exp:

Yup, add another vote for the Telus ads and the Scotiabank ads - the new Scotiabank ad makes me feel vengeful during a hockey game the Flames could very well be winning.

"We're not nook people."

"So? No nook!"

I can't STAND the conceit and arrogance of that smarmy bitch, like no matter what those stupid people say she's got the answer.
Got Miikka? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2008, 12:14 PM   #57
sclitheroe
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

calgaryjobshop.ca ... "what's my celery"
sclitheroe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2008, 12:20 PM   #58
Ozy_Flame

Posted the 6 millionth post!

Exp:

The Toyota Truck guy is far and away, the most redneckish, cliche driven piece of crap on TV today. Everytime I see it I want wring his neck, and drive that damn Tacoma into the Bow River.

The Telus commercials are long...LONG past their due date. It's practically cottage cheese by now.

I hate..HATE, HATE, HATE those milk commercials with the stupid cow ringing his bell at the end of them. Milk is not COOL, it's only HEALTHY.

The best on TV right now? The Mr. Sub commercials are great; so off-beat and well humored. The Don-Hertzfelt influenced Pop-tart commericals were brilliant too.
Ozy_Flame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2008, 12:22 PM   #59
browna
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Got Miikka? View Post
..the new Scotiabank ad makes me feel vengeful during a hockey game the Flames could very well be winning.

"We're not nook people."

"So? No nook!"

I can't STAND the conceit and arrogance of that smarmy bitch, like no matter what those stupid people say she's got the answer.
The part that gets me, is why do the customers break into chinese (?) in the middle of discussing the nook, other then the fact that it allows Scotiabank to proudly hold them up on a pedestal to everyone watching, that these actually are people of asian descent not just people that look asian?
browna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2008, 12:25 PM   #60
4X4
One of the Nine

Exp:

Another set of commercials are are so f'n stupid that I scramble for the mute button are the Nissan commercials. Especially that one where the guy comes running out of the house in the dog suit to scare away the cat on his car.

First time I saw that one, my buddy and I simultaneously looked at each other in disbelief and anger at the sheer lameness of it.
4X4 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bad commercials , bunchowhiners , eww spence diamonds "guy" , eww vagisil , spence sucks , subway sucks , telus sucks