Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community
Old 01-23-2021, 08:41 PM   #201
ForeverFlameFan
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senator Clay Davis View Post
I think the 49ers will make a play for sure, but Jimmy G is basically a negative asset. You can probably sign Brissett for at least half as much as Jimmy G will make and he'll give you comparable QB play. Plus I think Shanahan wants Cousins because he already knows the offense front to back. Stafford is obviously better, but there's more of an adjustment period which the 49ers can't afford with their roster in win now.

I think Washington is the team to watch. That defense is pretty close to elite and they almost won a playoff game with Taylor Heinicke. Lots of cap space too and they hired Mayhew who drafted Stafford. It's gonna come down to the best pick package more than roster ready guys (unless they are young with control).
Didn't even think of Washington. Good point.

This is probably one of the biggest off-seasons for the NFL. Lots of "change-of-scenery" deals are going to be happening.

I am a big fan of Stafford, and I hope he gets on a team that can get him far. He has paid his dues in Detroit.
ForeverFlameFan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2021, 09:37 AM   #202
browna
Franchise Player

Exp:

I'll throw the Pats, Broncos and even Rams as logical landing spots.

Newton isn't coming back to the Pats. Broncos have needed a guy since 2015, and Stafford seems more like a McVey guy than Goff and McVey has been guarded when talking about Goff since the playoff loss.
browna is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to browna For This Useful Post:
Old 01-24-2021, 09:38 AM   #203
MoneyGuy
Franchise Player

Exp:

Go Packers. That is all.
MoneyGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2021, 06:13 PM   #204
Strange Brew
Franchise Player

Exp:

Mortensen reporting that it’s more and more likely Watson does not want to return. As a Texans fan, wondering if it’s not just time to give up and rebuild. A great QB always gives you a chance to win and Watson hopefully has a long career ahead of him so no trade is a win IMO. But the damage is done. Cut JJ Watt too so he can play for a contender.

What an embarrassment.
Strange Brew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2021, 07:03 PM   #205
The Big Chill
I believe in the Jays.

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Strange Brew View Post
Mortensen reporting that it’s more and more likely Watson does not want to return. As a Texans fan, wondering if it’s not just time to give up and rebuild. A great QB always gives you a chance to win and Watson hopefully has a long career ahead of him so no trade is a win IMO. But the damage is done. Cut JJ Watt too so he can play for a contender.

What an embarrassment.
The bolded is pretty much how I feel.
The Big Chill is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to The Big Chill For This Useful Post:
Old 01-24-2021, 09:08 PM   #206
Luder
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Tough and weird to hear Rodgers say his future is uncertain, it was a raw post game interview, but still, wow.
Luder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2021, 09:53 PM   #207
browna
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luder View Post
Tough and weird to hear Rodgers say his future is uncertain, it was a raw post game interview, but still, wow.
He’s been quite cryptic about it the last week at least.

He’s a different cat for sure, as McCarthy and Lafleur have publicly found out over the years while butting heads or drafting his replacement.

Does he prefer to go back home to California? Rams or 9ers would find a spot for him.
Old 01-24-2021, 10:59 PM   #208
blender
First Line Centre

Exp:

Rogers to the Broncos.
blender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2021, 11:03 PM   #209
Sylvanfan
Appealing my suspension

Exp:

I have to think that Roger's is not too pleased about losing a 4th straight NFC Title game and the last two in consecutive seasons. But I think he gives it one more go with the Pack. Jordan Love was not a top 10 pick and Rogers will win MVP this year. So it's not quite Mahomes lurking in the background with Alex Smith not getting over the hump.

Although older things have happened and even at 37 with only a year left on his deal I have to think it's two first round picks for Rogers...Ted Thompson might have gone for that.
Old 01-25-2021, 07:57 AM   #210
Erick Estrada
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luder View Post
That's just Aaron being Aaron. He's a prima donna that likes things to revolve around him.
Erick Estrada is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Erick Estrada For This Useful Post:
Old 01-25-2021, 08:19 AM   #211
Senator Clay Davis
Franchise Player

Exp:

I mean between drafting Jordan Love and LaFleur trusting his defense more than Aaron getting 8 yards he's gotta be pretty pissed at the lack of respect recently. I don't think he gets traded this offseason and it doesn't make much sense to even consider it, but I expect next year is his last year on the Packers. You can't burn a first on a QB and waste his rookie deal, so at some point you gotta see what Love is, preferably before the you decide on the fifth year option.
Old 01-25-2021, 08:30 AM   #212
troutman
Unfrozen Caveman Lawyer

Exp:

Was GB disrespectful when they added Rodgers when Favre was still the man?
troutman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2021, 08:40 AM   #213
Erick Estrada
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senator Clay Davis View Post
I mean between drafting Jordan Love and LaFleur trusting his defense more than Aaron getting 8 yards he's gotta be pretty pissed at the lack of respect recently. I don't think he gets traded this offseason and it doesn't make much sense to even consider it, but I expect next year is his last year on the Packers. You can't burn a first on a QB and waste his rookie deal, so at some point you gotta see what Love is, preferably before the you decide on the fifth year option.
Rogers is a prickly guy. I used to be a big fan but I have read too many stories from ex-teammates that indicate he's not the greatest guy. He was going to pout after losing no matter what as he's probably still steaming at the Love pick. I don't think this means anything as he's not going anywhere and it's more just him wanting to put a little heat on the GM and head coach as a way of getting back at them in his own way. The Love pick was stupid though.
Old 01-25-2021, 08:46 AM   #214
Senator Clay Davis
Franchise Player

Exp:

I mean Favre was flirting with retirement every other press conference at that time so it's a little different. I think we all know by now that Rodgers isn't exactly Mr. Congeniality, but that game could have been different yesterday with a Patrick Queen or Antoine Winfield Jr. in the Packers defense instead of Jordan Love watching a tablet all game. Maybe Love turns into an elite QB down the line, but they can win the Super Bowl now so that pick is always going to be an immediate waste of a valuable asset.
Old 01-25-2021, 10:30 PM   #215
browna
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erick Estrada View Post
Rogers is a prickly guy. I used to be a big fan but I have read too many stories from ex-teammates that indicate he's not the greatest guy. He was going to pout after losing no matter what as he's probably still steaming at the Love pick. I don't think this means anything as he's not going anywhere and it's more just him wanting to put a little heat on the GM and head coach as a way of getting back at them in his own way. The Love pick was stupid though.
I dunno, this may be the final straw if he wants out and knows the time is now. Spats with McCarthy, and with Lafleur, any goodwill they built up this year after the Love pick went out the window in Rodgers mind, with the decision to take the ball out of his hands to kick the FG yesterday.

He is and has been temperamental as evidenced by being estranged from his family and other oddities off the field, but my guess is one of these times his pouting and passive aggressive comments won't be a shot at his Packers coach or team, it will be on his way out the door for greener pastures in his mind.

If the Rams move away from Goff, a return to Cali and a McVey Rodgers duo would be pretty deadly for a couple years.

Last edited by browna; 01-25-2021 at 10:34 PM.
Old 01-26-2021, 07:20 AM   #216
Erick Estrada
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by browna View Post
I dunno, this may be the final straw if he wants out and knows the time is now. Spats with McCarthy, and with Lafleur, any goodwill they built up this year after the Love pick went out the window in Rodgers mind, with the decision to take the ball out of his hands to kick the FG yesterday.

He is and has been temperamental as evidenced by being estranged from his family and other oddities off the field, but my guess is one of these times his pouting and passive aggressive comments won't be a shot at his Packers coach or team, it will be on his way out the door for greener pastures in his mind.

If the Rams move away from Goff, a return to Cali and a McVey Rodgers duo would be pretty deadly for a couple years.
I heard on NFL radio this morning that this is just posturing as he wants to renegotiate his contract as the current one only has $6.8 million left guaranteed. I don't think he's going anywhere.
Old 01-26-2021, 08:54 AM   #217
Weitz
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erick Estrada View Post
I heard on NFL radio this morning that this is just posturing as he wants to renegotiate his contract as the current one only has $6.8 million left guaranteed. I don't think he's going anywhere.
Yah they will restructure and get a lot more money upfront.
Weitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2021, 09:00 AM   #218
ResAlien
Lifetime In Suspension

Exp:

It’s diva Rodgers, it’s always posturing.
ResAlien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2021, 09:03 AM   #219
GirlySports
NOT breaking news

Exp:

Yeah but kicking that FG was really stupid. I'm the most conservative fan here (I never go for it on 4th down and never go for two unless necessary) and even I think that was stupid. Rodgers should be cheesed.

GirlySports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2021, 09:15 AM   #220
brocoli
Scoring Winger

Exp:

So I've been a Packers fan my entire life, but these past few seasons I've really started to see how Rogers is a diva. Do I want him gone, hell no! He's one of the best QBs of all time, but eventually the time will come where he no longer there. If it's now, then it's now. Let him go to SF. Get a hell of a return and go after Watson. Or Rogers will say all of this now and you'll see a WR drafted this year with help in the secondary to continue to work on the D.
brocoli is offline   Reply With Quote