Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community
Old 09-18-2018, 07:10 PM   #1
transplant99
Fearmongerer

Location: Wondering when # became hashtag and not a number sign.
Exp:
Default FanDuel refuses to pay out $82k due to glitch:UPDATE: They have agreed to pay

Quote:
New Jersey bookmaker FanDuel declined to honor a $110 bet on the Broncos on Sunday that would have paid more than $82,000, due to an error in the oddsmaking process, the company said.

"The wager in question involved an obvious pricing error inadvertently generated by our in-game pricing system," a FanDuel spokesperson said in a statement.
http://www.espn.com/chalk/story/_/id...due-line-error

Last edited by transplant99; 09-20-2018 at 04:02 PM.
transplant99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2018, 02:47 PM   #2
Hockey Fan #751
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

This could be interesting to follow as I wonder if the state's rules would overrule the "house" rules.

I also wonder, if they shanked that 36-yard field goal, would FanDuel keep the bettor's money? I'm thinking yes.

I would have probably taken the $500 and three Giants games. A legal fight seems to me like it would be time consuming and I feel like the ruling will ultimately be in favour of FanDuel.
Hockey Fan #751 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2018, 07:33 PM   #3
d_phaneuf
Franchise Player

Exp:

This is normal for online books or in vegas as well

Its the same as if there is a bank error, if your account has 500$ and accidentally they put 50k and you take it out, you dont get to keep it

I imagine they have something in the fine print about accidental odds reverting to what they should have been

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockey Fan #751 View Post
This could be interesting to follow as I wonder if the state's rules would overrule the "house" rules.

I also wonder, if they shanked that 36-yard field goal, would FanDuel keep the bettor's money? I'm thinking yes.

I would have probably taken the $500 and three Giants games. A legal fight seems to me like it would be time consuming and I feel like the ruling will ultimately be in favour of FanDuel.
Of course they wouldn't have paid out if denver didnt win that would be a lost bet

The issue isnt him not winning, its not paying out a mistake on a line posted
d_phaneuf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2018, 04:00 PM   #4
transplant99
Fearmongerer

Location: Wondering when # became hashtag and not a number sign.
Exp:

They must figure they would have lost a court chllenge.

Quote:
Upon further review, a New Jersey man will get his full $82,000 payout on a disputed $110 sports bet. Several other gamblers who made similar bets at wildly inflated odds will also be paid in full, FanDuel said Thursday.

The online sports betting company said it will pay Anthony Prince of Newark the full 750-1 payout he was promised when the company's automated system mistakenly generated long odds on the final moments of the Denver Broncos-Oakland Raiders game on Sunday.
http://www.espn.com/chalk/story/_/id...0-disputed-bet