Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community
Old 06-20-2018, 09:11 AM   #5641
IamNotKenKing
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by powderjunkie View Post
What about CNext? Flames launched that idea publicly without really engaging city stakeholders first (and whatever engagement they did do received understandably tepid response).

At every step of the process the Flames have been the first to screw up, screwed up bigger, while trying to screw the taxpayer.

I acknowledge that the city is not without its own missteps, but it seems most people's biggest complaint is that they are making too much information public...
CalgaryNEXT was supported by 2 or 3 councillors at the “launch”.
Colley-Urquhart and Woolley were there for sure. Can’t recall if others were or not.
Old 06-20-2018, 09:14 AM   #5642
Hot_Flatus
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by sureLoss View Post
Is that what he wants?

Or does he want no media until the city negotiators and the Flames have hammered out an agreement that is acceptable to both sides and ready for public engagement before a council vote finalizes it?
I'm sure he would love to sign off on everything without one iota of public consultation at this point. I get the need to keep it private for the time being, however, I am highly skeptical at the motivations behind both the CSEC and new arena committee that has suddenly come back together.

I'm also getting the feeling something might happen extremely quickly now and we as taxpayers might not be allowed much time to digest anything and potential take it up the rear end to the tune of the Katz deal in Edmonton.
Old 06-20-2018, 09:48 AM   #5643
Roughneck
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by IamNotKenKing View Post
CalgaryNEXT was supported by 2 or 3 councillors at the “launch”.
Colley-Urquhart and Woolley were there for sure. Can’t recall if others were or not.
Woolley supported it in the sense of "it's in my ward and I like the idea of development happening there and the remediation that could happen" but definitely didn't support the funding model.

Basically he supported Next if the Flames were going to pay for most of it.
Closed Thread