Inferno is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Inferno For This Useful Post:
Old 06-02-2020, 09:33 PM   #2043
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Interesting TNA Ad for Slammiversay

https://twitter.com/user/status/1268018477391941632

Look on my Works, ye Mighty, and despair!
CaptainCrunch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2020, 09:40 PM   #2044
Crown Royal
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inferno View Post
Loved Bautista's reply and I have to admit during these dark moments Janela's got a laugh out of me.
Crown Royal is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Crown Royal For This Useful Post:
Old 06-02-2020, 10:05 PM   #2045
Ozy_Flame

Posted the 6 millionth post!

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainCrunch View Post
Interesting TNA Ad for Slammiversay

https://twitter.com/user/status/1268018477391941632
Rusev, Eric Young, Good Brothers, EC3, and Drake Maverick were in that clip.
Ozy_Flame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2020, 10:27 PM   #2046
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Yeah, they either dropped some major bank, or this is the greatest piece of false advertising ever.

I haven't watched TNA for years, it was just a bad product so I don't know what's happening there.

Old 06-02-2020, 10:37 PM   #2047
Ozy_Flame

Exp:

With AEW being full the brim with talent, NWA probably not able to spend any more money on high value talent, and NJPW on hiatus and being more lax on exclusive contracts on foreigners, Impact is the logical choice at the moment. Half of those guys I listed already have history with the company, and Rusev and the Good Brothers are not likely to sign exclusive but will make special appearances. Heck, Karl Anderson has all but confirmed his return to Japan after his 90 days are up.

Drake Maverick has been a solid addition to WWE and even during this weird "fired" thing while doing the Crusierweight tournament. Guy is money and the best on the mic of the bunch, Impact needs personalities like him.
Old 06-02-2020, 10:45 PM   #2048
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

I would honestly be surprised if Drake was for real fired. I guess we'll find out soon enough.

You're right Ozy out of all the businesses, Impact could offer them a appearance based contract. I can't really see Rusev doing much in TNA to be honest.

I would prefer to see the Good Brothers returning to Japan, they're made for it.

Old 06-02-2020, 10:50 PM   #2049
Ozy_Flame

Exp:

On watching it again, I also noticed Curt Hawkins and Mike Bennett (Kanellis) in the promo as well.

No Zach Ryder makes me think he is AEW-bound. Dude is only just approaching his mid-30's, has face value, and can market the #### out of action figures, which I think AEW will be getting into and is a good fit for Cardona to do backstage marketing work. Just a hunch.
Old 06-02-2020, 10:53 PM   #2050
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

By the way what's going to happen to Southpaw without the Good Brothers, they were the best part of it.

I think the time has passed on Ryder, and as you pointed out the AEW is overfull and we've seen some pretty huge failures at hotshotting former WWE "Superstars" into AEW.

Mike Bennett is interesting, the guy can work But didn't he and Maria just have another kid?

Old 06-02-2020, 11:28 PM   #2051
Ozy_Flame

Exp:

Matt Cardona is friends with just about everybody in the locker room in AEW, and there appears to be some teases on social media from the wrestling community. A role of on-air talent / backstage producer may actually make a lot of sense. Outside of Rusev, he is the one guy I could see being in AEW even with their roster size. He brings big-league talent and business acumen too.

FYI I believe TNT is going to be adding a 2nd televised show for AEW sometime this year. I think basically AEW Dark is going to fill that show, in which case Dark will become more higher profile with higher profile matches. And I'm sure the name will change too.
Old 06-03-2020, 01:35 AM   #2052
Crown Royal
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

I think the Drake release was for real, but I think the immediate reaction to his video may have changed their minds.

As for the video, the guys that are in it, how much of that footage is from previous slamiversary events? I think some might be coming, but I think some is to mislead and draw eyes.
Old 06-03-2020, 09:14 AM   #2053
corporatejay
Franchise Player

Exp:

Is this Rey Mysterio retirement a work? I read his contract is over in october and he's no spring chicken so I can't imagine he gets another big push.
Old 06-03-2020, 09:37 AM   #2054
Ozy_Flame

Exp:

I think Impact sees these signings as a window to improve their product with star power. Even if they don't get all the talent to exclusive contracts, advertising them is probably a smart bet.

I don't think it's misleading at all, either. Slammiversary is a big event in the wrestling community and for guys hitting the non-WWE scene it's a great place to start. I doubt any of the advertised talent wouldn't show up, especially if it's guaranteed pay during the pandemic. Half those guys had their heydays in TNA anyways, so they are probably happy to work with Scott D'Amore and Don Callis again, at least for a bit.

Those names would get me to tune in and pay attention, particularly Rusev and the Good Brothers.
Old 06-03-2020, 10:07 AM   #2055
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

There was a long segment with Maverick on the Bump today, I just can't see them dropping him after that and pushing him to the finals of the tourney.

Old 06-03-2020, 10:16 AM   #2056
Ozy_Flame

Exp:

You're right Cap, I agree, but this suggests to me that he's not under contract at the moment and is keeping his options open. Probably on a handshake or temporary deal at the moment.

That said, Kurt Angle was signed to a new deal the other day, so perhaps they are negotiating with Drake on a new deal as well (probably less pay). Wouldn't surprise me, and to me was always the "least likely" to do Slammiversary given his position in WWE at the moment.
Old 06-03-2020, 10:50 AM   #2057
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

It could be that the WWE is doing what they did with Bryan when he was fired after chocking what's his name with a tie (Which to me was an awesome spot).

They fired him due to sponser backlash and probably told him to go out and make money on the idies and they would absolutely bring him back once the heat died down because they knew when he came back he'd be money.

BTW talking about Rabbit Holes, I went to watch some WCW stuff, especially after the decline started and stumbled into Chris Candido and Tammy going to WCW. At that time Stacy Keibler was probably the biggest star on that roster. But WCW got big into intergender tag teams without the rules of woman on woman and men on men.

First of all, if anyone is bored just go watch Chris Candido work, the guy was the total package, but was held back due to his height and weight. But he could do anything, he was like a later generation Eddie Gilbert. But the surprise was that Tammy for her time was actually a good in ring worker, probably because of her time in ECW with Francine and some of the other woman. I was surprised.

As a further note, I've always kind of had a lot of sympathy for Tammy Sytch, not because she was hot. But she's just the cover book art of bad decisions and damage. I know she just got out of jail on her DUI stuff, and I think she just got nabbed again, but I hope at some point things straighten out for her.

Old 06-03-2020, 11:23 AM   #2058
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Man I was thinking about Heath Ledger, and whatever organization he goes to he could be made into a great heel.

Can you imagine him coming to TNA or AEW and his first promo was "I was fired from my high paying WWE job, and I have to come to this crap hole amateur organization and deal with you idiot fans to feed my kids". "I came from the show to the minor leagues for the money"

You could have him do vile things in the name of feeding his kids. On top of that you could have him do things like refusing to fight on free shows because the money is for pay per view. You could have him take money from other wrestlers to attack their opponents because the AEW and TNA pay is so pathetic.

The Following User Says Thank You to CaptainCrunch For This Useful Post:
Old 06-03-2020, 11:35 AM   #2059
Crown Royal
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainCrunch View Post
Man I was thinking about Heath Ledger, and whatever organization he goes to he could be made into a great heel.
I have some bad news for you Cap........
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Crown Royal For This Useful Post:
Old 06-03-2020, 11:47 AM   #2060
Ozy_Flame

Exp:

I think he means Heath Slater

I would love for him to go to NWA. I think he has the perfect character for that intimate studio show, and he brings name value even has a WWE mid-carder.