Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community
Old 10-20-2017, 10:56 PM   #81
dirk diggler
First Line Centre

Exp:

i do tire of hearing Mitchell talk about how he is playing just fine and their winning and thats what it is about, yes that is what it is about, but he needs to step up, the defense cant be expected to win every game. he needs to figure it out. they are still a great team but this offense has worried me for some time. we arent playing a crap team like montreal in the playoffs
dirk diggler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2017, 11:28 PM   #82
TheAlpineOracle
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Bo has sucked this year since the preseason. Spare me the “needs to get healthy” line. He needs to shut his mouth and deliver. He was missing wide open receivers 5 yards down field Tonight. I have zero confidence right now this guy could take a game over if we needed him to. Without this defence, this team is close a .500 Team this year.

Last edited by TheAlpineOracle; 10-20-2017 at 11:35 PM.
TheAlpineOracle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2017, 11:34 PM   #83
TheAlpineOracle
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by dirk diggler View Post
i do tire of hearing Mitchell talk about how he is playing just fine and their winning and thats what it is about, yes that is what it is about, but he needs to step up, the defense cant be expected to win every game. he needs to figure it out. they are still a great team but this offense has worried me for some time. we arent playing a crap team like montreal in the playoffs
Regular season wins are complete irrelevant to this Stamps team. Anything less than a Grey Cup is a failure. They can win 16 games every year, but it’s time to ramp it up when it counts. Tired of watching these guys choke. I really hope this embarrassing loss can get the offence to wake up.

Last edited by TheAlpineOracle; 10-21-2017 at 12:07 AM.
Old 10-20-2017, 11:40 PM   #84
TheAlpineOracle
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

I’m not going to pile on the D because they are clearly the class of the league and the engine of this team, but Micah Johnson needs to start acting like an adult. There’s been a few games this year where he’s let his temper come completely unglued. It’s becoming a weekly occurrence where his teammates have to hold him back. That objectionable conduct penalty tonight was the final nail in the Stampeders coffin. Any chance of coming back after that even if the offence could do have gotten itself
Together was very small.

Last edited by TheAlpineOracle; 10-21-2017 at 12:28 AM.
Old 10-21-2017, 12:17 AM   #85
transplant99
Fearmongerer

Location: Wondering when # became hashtag and not a number sign.
Exp:

Lol
Old 10-21-2017, 02:44 AM   #86
Hey Connor, It's Mess
First Line Centre

Exp:

I didn't get a chance to watch, I take it they #### the bed? Honestly I don't think a loss is the worst thing in the world for them at this point, they've been coasting through recent games. Maybe it'll be a wakeup call.
Hey Connor, It's Mess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2017, 09:29 AM   #87
Da_Chief
Franchise Player

Exp:

Last night wasn't on Bo.

Jorden alone mad 4 awful plays (not catching the screen, long long right through his hands, not even attempting to catch the ball, missing another catch for a first down). These alone would've continued drives.

Messam just cannot run if there isn't a lane open, simple as that. Williams needs to be given a go. Bench Messam.

Begelton fumbling the ball didn't help.

Even on the Carter pick 6, you can see Bo wanted the receiver to break off his route and cut inside wheres the receiver kept going.

Biggest thing is getting the run game going with Williams. Daniels and Jorden need to step up.
Da_Chief is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Da_Chief For This Useful Post:
Old 10-21-2017, 11:44 AM   #88
Erick Estrada
Franchise Player

Exp:

I see Dave Dickenson has employed the Bed & Breakfast offense for the 2017 season. Run up the middle on every first down and then drop back to throw deep on 2nd and long. The main culprits for the biggest beatdown of the Huff era were;

1) Coaching. I didn't think it was possible but DD may manage to pull off the distinction of best head coach and worst offensive coordinator in the same season. DD's offense is the most vanilla in the league. I enjoy the regular season wins but the offense is so unimaginative and boring to watch. Bo was in a bad situation all night because of the constant runs up the middle on first down for little gain forcing him into 2nd and long all game. Didn't even make any adjustments just continued with the same game plan that Jones totally expected and prepared for.

2) Bo. He has been mediocre/poor all season as shown by his low completion percentage and declined stats. He wastes far too many downs throwing deep balls that don't have a prayer. He should have had three picks and all three were terrible decisions where he forced a ball into coverage that had no hope of being completed.

3) Discipline. Typically this team is disciplined but they let the Riders get under their skin.

IMO this was a good loss if there's such a thing as the team now knows they aren't that good and just showing up in the playoffs will be a recipe for another playoff choke to add to the Stampeders collection.
Erick Estrada is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Erick Estrada For This Useful Post:
Old 10-21-2017, 11:58 AM   #89
Corral
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

I believe losing last night was a good thing for this team. And i want to believe the offence has got plenty more, but DD isn't showing his cards until the western final. These last few games are really just glorified practices. I'm happy if they lose to Edm but then knock Winnipeg out of the park in McMahon to end the regular season.
Corral is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2017, 04:22 PM   #90
OzSome
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Da_Chief View Post
Last night wasn't on Bo.

Jorden alone mad 4 awful plays (not catching the screen, long long right through his hands, not even attempting to catch the ball, missing another catch for a first down). These alone would've continued drives.

Messam just cannot run if there isn't a lane open, simple as that. Williams needs to be given a go. Bench Messam.

Begelton fumbling the ball didn't help.

Even on the Carter pick 6, you can see Bo wanted the receiver to break off his route and cut inside wheres the receiver kept going.

Biggest thing is getting the run game going with Williams. Daniels and Jorden need to step up.
I think you were thinking about Kamar Jorden's fumble where the Riders D almost scored a TD. They got stopped on the 3 yards but ended up scoring later.

I admit that Bo was not good last night but Jorden was as bad. Bad routes and giving up on one play where he got Duron Carter beat by a yard. He catch that ball and they scores. Mitchell was running for his life pretty much all night but that was not an excuse for Bo's bad night.

Messam wasn't good either. When running game is not good, defense can concentrate on defending the passing play. Special team wasn't good also. Overall, they missed the veteran presence of McDaniel, Roy Finch explosiveness in punt return and quickness of Marken Michel(left very early in the game)).

It was a bad in all 3 facets of the game. Defense were actually okay but they were very undiscipline with penalties. They were so focus on hurting the Riders. Oh well, one bad lost and I would not blame the coaches or the play-calling like some other posters does. They couldn't win 12 games this season if DD play calling is that awful. That's just makes me laugh.
OzSome is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
pink power , riders , stamps