Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community
Old 01-08-2022, 11:37 PM   #1041
Buff
Franchise Player
 
Buff's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: I don't belong here
Exp:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snuffleupagus View Post
US Army is getting into the act, now in trial 1

US-Armys-super-vaccine/
I saw this a week or two ago. My first thought? Great the US Army created a vaccine... If someone is anti-vax why would they trust the Army over a private company?
Buff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2022, 11:38 PM   #1042
Wormius
Franchise Player
 
Wormius's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Somewhere down the crazy river.
Exp:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buff View Post
I saw this a week or two ago. My first thought? Great the US Army created a vaccine... If someone is anti-vax why would they trust the Army over a private company?

Maybe some sense of patriotism.
Wormius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2022, 09:54 AM   #1043
Winsor_Pilates
Franchise Player
 
Winsor_Pilates's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Van City - Main St.
Exp:
Default

It may help convince a few of the freedom fighters.
Put it in red/white/blue syringes and tell them all money made on the vaccine goes to protecting their country, freedoms and guns.
Winsor_Pilates is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Winsor_Pilates For This Useful Post:
Old 01-09-2022, 04:44 PM   #1044
Bill Bumface
My face is a bum!
 
Bill Bumface's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Exp:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Bumface View Post
I got boosted yesterday. Previously had gotten Pfizer, but got Moderna for a booster. Holy hell did that kick my ass. Uncontrollable shivering, sweats, and on the verge of vomiting for most of the night.
Well, it turns out I likely already had the beginnings of a COVID infection at that time. Maybe that explains it?
Bill Bumface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2022, 09:08 PM   #1045
Scroopy Noopers
Pent-up
 
Scroopy Noopers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2018
Location: Plutanamo Bay.
Exp:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winsor_Pilates View Post
It may help convince a few of the freedom fighters.
Put it in red/white/blue syringes and tell them all money made on the vaccine goes to protecting their country, freedoms and guns.
Rename it “liberal tears” or something stupid like that. It’s so crazy it could work.
Scroopy Noopers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2022, 09:20 PM   #1046
Fuzz
Franchise Player
 
Fuzz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Exp:
Default

Kevin Johnston already named his marked up grocery store bulk bin coffee that.
Fuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2022, 09:23 PM   #1047
OldDutch
#1 Goaltender
 
OldDutch's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: North of the River, South of the Bluff
Exp:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scroopy Noopers View Post
Rename it “liberal tears” or something stupid like that. It’s so crazy it could work.
It would. They think the reason Australia locked their citizens down is due to a gun buy back 30 years ago.

Not realizing they can vote their politicians out if the majority doesn’t want that. However these are basic people that think terrorism is an ethnic issue.
OldDutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2022, 07:28 AM   #1048
malcolmk14
Franchise Player
 
malcolmk14's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Exp:
Default

I got my third dose of Pfizer last Sunday, and on Friday I noticed I had significant swelling in my left supraclavicular lymph nodes. Nothing else of note, and I spoke with a friend who is a physician, and they said it's likely an uncommon reaction to the vaccine. Booked an appointment with my family doctor this week to check it out, just in case it's something else.
malcolmk14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2022, 08:19 AM   #1049
FireFly
Franchise Player
 
FireFly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Calgary
Exp:
Default

I asked my OB/GYN about getting boosted before or after giving birth as I am eligible but also 4 weeks out from birth thinking if I wait, the baby will get more anti-bodies through breastmilk than being on the inside after vaccination. His response was the best thing I could do for the baby was to not get COVID so I have my appointment booked for this morning.

Spoke with the pharmacist who said that even though I'm double Pfizer'd, she still recommends another Pfizer instead of Moderna as risk rates and complications are higher with Moderna and at this late stage of the pregnancy game, I probably shouldn't take any chances.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimbl420 View Post
I can wash my penis without taking my pants off.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moneyhands23 View Post
If edmonton wins the cup in the next decade I will buy everyone on CP a bottle of vodka.
FireFly is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to FireFly For This Useful Post:
Old 01-10-2022, 09:48 AM   #1050
Winsor_Pilates
Franchise Player
 
Winsor_Pilates's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: Van City - Main St.
Exp:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by FireFly View Post
I asked my OB/GYN about getting boosted before or after giving birth as I am eligible but also 4 weeks out from birth thinking if I wait, the baby will get more anti-bodies through breastmilk than being on the inside after vaccination. His response was the best thing I could do for the baby was to not get COVID so I have my appointment booked for this morning.

Spoke with the pharmacist who said that even though I'm double Pfizer'd, she still recommends another Pfizer instead of Moderna as risk rates and complications are higher with Moderna and at this late stage of the pregnancy game, I probably shouldn't take any chances.
Interesting.
My wife is pregnant (earlier than you) and she did the Moderna booster. Congratulations BTW!
Winsor_Pilates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2022, 11:50 AM   #1051
curves2000
First Line Centre
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Location: Calgary, Canada
Exp:
Default

For those who are interested, I got an email back from the AB Health Minister regarding the provinces supply of AZ vaccine for 2nd or 3rd does etc.

They are expecting to receive small amounts of AZ vaccine in the future for the population who don't want or can't get an MRNA vaccine.


It's my understanding that Oxford and AZ are working on an Omicron specific version that should be ready in March but their own clinical data has shown that 2 doses of original AZ vaccine good hospital protection and a 3rd dose boosts protection even further.
curves2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2022, 01:41 PM   #1052
FireFly
Franchise Player
 
FireFly's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Calgary
Exp:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winsor_Pilates View Post
Interesting.
My wife is pregnant (earlier than you) and she did the Moderna booster. Congratulations BTW!

Thanks and congratulations to you and your wife as well!


For the record, I became immediately exhausted which is also normal for 8 months pregnant and the baby got the hiccups? Not sure if related but doubtful. Now I have mild cramping but the baby is still moving well. We will see what the next couple days holds for me.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimbl420 View Post
I can wash my penis without taking my pants off.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moneyhands23 View Post
If edmonton wins the cup in the next decade I will buy everyone on CP a bottle of vodka.
FireFly is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to FireFly For This Useful Post:
Old 01-10-2022, 03:54 PM   #1053
Knut
 
Knut's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Exp:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knut View Post
Moved my kids second doses up two weeks.

One wrinkle is that if you child is a close contact to someone Covid positive they have to isolate for 14 days. If they are vaccinated. Only 5.

If they are positive it’s 5 + 5 days with a mask.
Done today. Kids have two doses, Adults 3. Hoping we can avoid Omicron.
Knut is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Knut For This Useful Post:
Old 01-10-2022, 06:45 PM   #1054
Rubicant
First Line Centre
 
Rubicant's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Peterborough, ON
Exp:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knut View Post
Done today. Kids have two doses, Adults 3. Hoping we can avoid Omicron.
Same here - we moved our kids up to this past weekend (about 5.5 weeks after their first).

More pressing concern is how prevalent Covid is now, we can boost them in the future as needed.
Rubicant is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Rubicant For This Useful Post:
Old 01-10-2022, 10:26 PM   #1055
#-3
#1 Goaltender
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Exp:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by FireFly View Post
I asked my OB/GYN about getting boosted before or after giving birth as I am eligible but also 4 weeks out from birth thinking if I wait, the baby will get more anti-bodies through breastmilk than being on the inside after vaccination. His response was the best thing I could do for the baby was to not get COVID so I have my appointment booked for this morning.

Spoke with the pharmacist who said that even though I'm double Pfizer'd, she still recommends another Pfizer instead of Moderna as risk rates and complications are higher with Moderna and at this late stage of the pregnancy game, I probably shouldn't take any chances.
What a world we live in when you feel so great to hear a story about someone asking for a doctors advice, and accepting it at the same time.

Good on you, and good luck.
#-3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2022, 11:05 AM   #1056
DoubleF
Franchise Player
 
DoubleF's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2014
Exp:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by malcolmk14 View Post
I got my third dose of Pfizer last Sunday, and on Friday I noticed I had significant swelling in my left supraclavicular lymph nodes. Nothing else of note, and I spoke with a friend who is a physician, and they said it's likely an uncommon reaction to the vaccine. Booked an appointment with my family doctor this week to check it out, just in case it's something else.
My wife and I found our reactions to the Pfizer booster was negligible vs our reactions to the first two Pfizer doses.
DoubleF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2022, 11:19 AM   #1057
GirlySports
NOT breaking news
 
GirlySports's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Calgary
Exp:
Default

https://twitter.com/user/status/1480569636957601803

This seems like a pointless vaccine and something the anti-vaxxers are going to jump all over. It seems the current vaccine doesn't stop infection of Omicron, but provides protection from severe symptoms, so if you are fully vaxx'd, seems pointless, and if you aren't vaxx'd yet, you aren't getting a vaccine specific to the least dangerous variant to date. I can see this as a rally cry to "prove" Pfizer is just out to maximize profits.
__________________
Watching the Oilers defend is like watching fire engines frantically rushing to the wrong fire

GirlySports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2022, 11:26 AM   #1058
darockwilder
Powerplay Quarterback
 
darockwilder's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Exp:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoubleF View Post
My wife and I found our reactions to the Pfizer booster was negligible vs our reactions to the first two Pfizer doses.

I was the total opposite. First 2 were sore arm for like 2.5 days, third I had joint pains the morning after and about 20 hours after the shot I started to get colder and colder. I started shivering so put on a bunch of extra clothes. Got kind of better, but then about 4 hours later I started getting hotter and hotter. Had to remove extra clothes, but an hour or so after that started everything went away and I was completely normal. Nothing after that at all. It’s interesting how differently people react.
__________________
Sent from an adult man under a dumpster
darockwilder is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to darockwilder For This Useful Post:
Old 01-11-2022, 11:26 AM   #1059
opendoor
Franchise Player
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Exp:
Default

LOL. Yeah, let's just not use an updated vaccine that could protect the health of millions of vulnerable/elderly because antivaxxers might raise a stink.

Immunity isn't a binary thing and it's not forever. The idea that you're either protected or not is completely incorrect. Protection against severe disease still wanes and it is less effective when you encounter a variant that's different from the one that you were immunized against or infected by. Anyone at risk of severe disease (50+ year olds and those with comorbidities) should jump at the chance to get an updated vaccine assuming it's shown to be effective. The immunity and protection will likely be much better and more long lasting.
opendoor is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to opendoor For This Useful Post:
Old 01-11-2022, 01:23 PM   #1060
GirlySports
NOT breaking news
 
GirlySports's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Calgary
Exp:
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by opendoor View Post
LOL. Yeah, let's just not use an updated vaccine that could protect the health of millions of vulnerable/elderly because antivaxxers might raise a stink.

Immunity isn't a binary thing and it's not forever. The idea that you're either protected or not is completely incorrect. Protection against severe disease still wanes and it is less effective when you encounter a variant that's different from the one that you were immunized against or infected by. Anyone at risk of severe disease (50+ year olds and those with comorbidities) should jump at the chance to get an updated vaccine assuming it's shown to be effective. The immunity and protection will likely be much better and more long lasting.
Completely agree it's not binary or forever. I'm just talking about the timing of the Omicron vaccine and protection against Omicron. It appears the current vaccines don't fully immunize from Omicron, but it provides some protection from worse symptoms and reduces likelihood of hospitalization. IMO, it's not worth getting an additional Omicron vaccine in March (I think spread of Omicron will be very limited in Canada by March anyways) if you already have 2 doses and a booster. This may prove useful if they can very quickly churn out new vaccines for potential new variants that are more resistant to previous vaccines or more deadly.
__________________
Watching the Oilers defend is like watching fire engines frantically rushing to the wrong fire

GirlySports is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 03:59 AM.

Calgary Flames
2023-24




Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright Calgarypuck 2021