GGG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2020, 10:44 AM   #662
Winsor_Pilates
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GGG View Post
50 if outdoors
50 with 2 meter separation or they've ok'd having 50 friends over for a backyard bbq?

NM; I found the answer. Still need to practice social distancing.
That's one big backyard!

Last edited by Winsor_Pilates; 05-18-2020 at 10:46 AM.
Winsor_Pilates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2020, 11:03 AM   #663
GGG
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winsor_Pilates View Post
50 with 2 meter separation or they've ok'd having 50 friends over for a backyard bbq?

NM; I found the answer. Still need to practice social distancing.
That's one big backyard!
Yeah with 2 m spacing. They also state that sharing food is a high risk activity that should be avoided.

But with everyone correctly spaced you would only need a 12m x 12m backyard to fit 49 people. You couldn’t move but technically you could be compliant.
GGG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2020, 01:51 PM   #664
Flamenspiel
First Line Centre

Exp:

Nm
Flamenspiel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2020, 02:38 PM   #665
Scorch
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Former Moron urges current Morons to rethink

Scorch is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Scorch For This Useful Post:
Old 05-18-2020, 03:07 PM   #666
EldrickOnIce
Franchise Player

Exp:

Jeebus.
Trump again today praising Hydroxychloroquine, saying he has been taking it himself for the last couple weeks.
Even Fox News immediately had doctors on afterwards suggesting that there was absolutely zero benefit, and 5hat in some cases (depending on other conditions) you will simply die by taking it.

There are no bounds to his incredible, danderous ego.
EldrickOnIce is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to EldrickOnIce For This Useful Post:
Old 05-18-2020, 03:08 PM   #667
La Flames Fan
THE Chuck Storm

Exp:

^^^^^

Here's the article:

https://nypost.com/2020/05/18/florid...gets-infected/
Old 05-18-2020, 03:12 PM   #668
La Flames Fan
THE Chuck Storm

Exp:

And his interview too...

https://www.wptv.com/news/coronaviru...hanges-opinion
Old 05-18-2020, 03:20 PM   #669
Izzle
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Smh

https://www.blogto.com/city/2020/05/...otest-toronto/

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
Izzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2020, 03:20 PM   #670
GirlySports
NOT breaking news

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scorch View Post
Former Moron urges current Morons to rethink

Nice. To add on to your post, it's just an example of stupidity.

This will sound terrible but not enough people have been hurt directly by COVID to have it sink in. I hear, everyday, people saying that it's a hoax, it's the flu, i don't believe in this garbage, etc...

UNTIL one of them or their loved ones get it. They are so selfish, not thinking about those that are working in hospitals and supermarkets so that THEY can be saved. What happens when people huddling in parks today, Victoria Day, and they get sick in a week or two? who will look after them? these workers of course.

I'm trying to rant about this everyday, I think I'm just tired.

GirlySports is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to GirlySports For This Useful Post:
Old 05-18-2020, 07:09 PM   #671
Lubicon
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by peter12 View Post
The biggest threshold we still have to cross is getting people to stay home when sick. There is a culture of pushing through that has to die.
I saw an article on this last week (I do not recall where) that basically stated it might take Provincial legislation to ensure workers stay home if they exhibit symptoms (as recommended) and not have their employers punish them for it. But there will almost certainly be those who take advantage of this and it will be tough on business.
Lubicon is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Lubicon For This Useful Post:
Old 05-18-2020, 07:53 PM   #672
Cali Panthers Fan
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lubicon View Post
I saw an article on this last week (I do not recall where) that basically stated it might take Provincial legislation to ensure workers stay home if they exhibit symptoms (as recommended) and not have their employers punish them for it. But there will almost certainly be those who take advantage of this and it will be tough on business.
Or, you know, we could all just be ####ing adults for a minute and do the right thing. Strange, I know, but there was such a thing as self-sacrifice in previous times of crisis. People looking out for themselves right now need to be gone.
Cali Panthers Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Cali Panthers Fan For This Useful Post:
Old 05-19-2020, 10:57 AM   #673
Lubicon
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cali Panthers Fan View Post
Or, you know, we could all just be ####ing adults for a minute and do the right thing. Strange, I know, but there was such a thing as self-sacrifice in previous times of crisis. People looking out for themselves right now need to be gone.
The buy in will have to come from both sides. Employees need to stay away if they are not feeling well but they need to do so without worry about repercussion from their employers. For employers it's a big ask to have an employee book off 10 days every time they get symptoms.
Old 05-19-2020, 11:50 AM   #674
Cali Panthers Fan
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lubicon View Post
The buy in will have to come from both sides. Employees need to stay away if they are not feeling well but they need to do so without worry about repercussion from their employers. For employers it's a big ask to have an employee book off 10 days every time they get symptoms.
But if the whole office contracts it because someone comes in anyways, and then there's NO productivity from the entire group, isn't that worse?

This is supposed to already be standard policy in workplaces to avoid loss of productivity for others in the office for ANY illness, colds and flus included. The fact that people have abused their sick leave in the past should not preclude the implementation of that policy now. This is the smart thing to do for both public health AND the economy. Losing one employee for a while sucks, but losing all of them or running bare bones is much worse.
Cali Panthers Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Cali Panthers Fan For This Useful Post:
Old 05-19-2020, 12:20 PM   #675
Lubicon
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cali Panthers Fan View Post
But if the whole office contracts it because someone comes in anyways, and then there's NO productivity from the entire group, isn't that worse?

This is supposed to already be standard policy in workplaces to avoid loss of productivity for others in the office for ANY illness, colds and flus included. The fact that people have abused their sick leave in the past should not preclude the implementation of that policy now. This is the smart thing to do for both public health AND the economy. Losing one employee for a while sucks, but losing all of them or running bare bones is much worse.
I'm not arguing this point at all, you are entirely correct. But we all know that there are going to be employees who feel pressured to come in even if they are not feeling well because their work policy only allows x number of sick days and then it's vacation time if you need more than that. And we all know there are businesses that will resist allowing more sick time than they already do. That's my whole point - we all know what is right but it will probably require legislation specific to Covid in order to get people to stay home if they are not feeling well.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Lubicon For This Useful Post:
Old 05-19-2020, 03:11 PM   #676
craigwd
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by EldrickOnIce View Post
Jeebus.
Trump again today praising Hydroxychloroquine, saying he has been taking it himself for the last couple weeks.
Even Fox News immediately had doctors on afterwards suggesting that there was absolutely zero benefit, and 5hat in some cases (depending on other conditions) you will simply die by taking it.

There are no bounds to his incredible, danderous ego.

Accidentally listened to a few minutes of 770 this morning and Danielle Smith was doubling down on her support of Chloroquine.

She said you shouldn't dismiss "just because you hate Trump" then proceeded to say that she read that there was once a study in 2005 that tested it's possible response to SARS in primates.
craigwd is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to craigwd For This Useful Post:
Old 05-19-2020, 03:25 PM   #677
Fuzz
Franchise Player

Exp:

^
Remember when she wanted to be Premier? ya...bullet dodged.
Fuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Fuzz For This Useful Post:
Old 05-19-2020, 04:51 PM   #678
Scorch
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Izzle View Post
Smh

https://www.blogto.com/city/2020/05/...otest-toronto/

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
This Deserves more attention

As much as we laugh at our neighbors down south, this rally also happened in downtown Toronto over the weekend

Quote:
Kicking off the long weekend with signs and megaphones, several hundred protestors hit the lawn of Queen's Park for the fourth weekend in a row to rally against the Ontario government for a variety of reasons.

The usual signs like "Live Free Or Die" were present, as well as the "Come And Take It" signs from people protesting anti-gun laws, and the upside-down Canadian flag.

Anti-vaccine protestors were also out with signs damning the World Health Organization (the United Nation's global health agency).

One person's sign, which said,"I have an immune system", was circulated on social media and has sparked criticism from those with auto-immune disorders and members of the healthcare system.

Last edited by Scorch; 05-19-2020 at 04:57 PM.
Scorch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2020, 05:00 PM   #679
Fighting Banana Slug
First Line Centre

Exp:

^^Sadly, we are not immune from morons in this country. One would hope the anti-vaxxer crowd would come to their senses during a pandemic. Nope. Double down on the stupid and throw in some 5G conspiracy nonsense for good measure.
O.K. there has been a lot of talk on whether or not MacTavish has actually done a good job for us, most fans on this board are very basic in their analysis and I feel would change their opinion entirely if the team was successful.
Fighting Banana Slug is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Fighting Banana Slug For This Useful Post:
Old 05-19-2020, 06:48 PM   #680
topfiverecords
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorch View Post
NO - Brain

Last edited by topfiverecords; 05-19-2020 at 06:51 PM.
topfiverecords is offline   Reply With Quote