Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > Fire on Ice: The Calgary Flames Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-12-2021, 04:26 PM   #101
OILFAN #81
Everyone's Favorite Oilfan!

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by dino7c View Post
Must have vetoed the trade to Edmonton for Neal
Amazing contribution. Keep it up.
OILFAN #81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2021, 04:38 PM   #102
dino7c
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by OILFAN #81 View Post
Amazing contribution. Keep it up.
You think I'm joking but Buffalo taking Neal was suggested by Oiler fans on here
Old 04-13-2021, 09:06 AM   #103
transplant99
Fearmongerer

Location: Wondering when # became hashtag and not a number sign.
Exp:

For those that were panning Adams for the return on Hall (looking at you Boomer, Pinder, and Rhett)

Quote:
He decided to go. Not only that, but he decided to go to Boston, limiting the Sabres to just one trade partner.

“Yeah, that’s fair to say,” general manager Kevyn Adams said. “The reality of the situation is back in the offseason when we signed Taylor, we felt strongly that we needed to have a one-year deal to make sure that we were being disciplined and remain flexible moving forward. Part of the agreement was to be able to offer him a no-move clause.

“Taylor felt that Boston was the team that he wanted to go to. That was where he felt was the best fit, and contractually he had earned that right to make that call. So, we focused our attention there and obviously were able to get a deal done.”
https://theathletic.com/2515282/2021...-go-from-here/
Old 04-13-2021, 09:49 AM   #104
Hockey-and_stuff
First Line Centre

Exp:

I see a couple Oilers posters have slithered back on the forum recently. Just in time to slink away in shame during the playoffs.

Sent from my SM-G975W using Tapatalk
Hockey-and_stuff is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Hockey-and_stuff For This Useful Post:
Old 04-13-2021, 09:58 AM   #105
OILFAN #81

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hockey-and_stuff View Post
I see a couple Oilers posters have slithered back on the forum recently. Just in time to slink away in shame during the playoffs.

Sent from my SM-G975W using Tapatalk
If this was directed to me, I joined in 2005 and have been around for 62 point seasons and years of no playoffs.
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to OILFAN #81 For This Useful Post:
Old 04-13-2021, 10:10 AM   #106
Tbull8
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
If this was directed to me, I joined in 2005 and have been around for 62 point seasons and years of no playoffs.
You may stay haha
Tbull8 is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Tbull8 For This Useful Post:
Old 04-13-2021, 10:24 AM   #107
Monahammer
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Just because you've been around doesn't mean you don't post sporadically. Lol.

You post once every 2 months, rarely about Hockey things. And it's not like you sat here and took lumps during the down years.

Criticism is valid, you feel emboldened but will likely recede when the oilers are dummied in 4.
Monahammer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2021, 11:00 AM   #108
OILFAN #81

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monahammer View Post

You post once every 2 months, rarely about Hockey things. And it's not like you sat here and took lumps during the down years.

Criticism is valid, you feel emboldened but will likely recede when the oilers are dummied in 4.
Lol I have 22,000 posts which in 16 years still averages 4 a day. Rarely about hockey things? That’s funny (let the posters who have been here awhile fill you in). Especially during the years of Kiprusoff/Iginla/Regehr I definitely “took my lumps” and posted regularly.
The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to OILFAN #81 For This Useful Post:
Old 04-13-2021, 11:02 AM   #109
Textcritic
Acerbic Cyberbully

Exp:

OILFAN #81 has been around so long there are even posts of his in the first E=NG thread.

I think he my have been here before stang.

Quote:
Originally Posted by woob
"...harem warfare? like all your wives dressup and go paintballing?"
"The Lying Pen of Scribes" Ancient Manuscript Forgeries Project
Textcritic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2021, 11:05 AM   #110
powderjunkie
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cali Panthers Fan View Post
This I believe more than the other stuff. I just don't think Hall's year makes management very confident in picking him up as a difference maker. Maybe he suddenly turns things around, but honestly, he's been putrid this year and is one of the reasons Buffalo is where they are. He just didn't bring it this year. It's hard to give up a first based on him turning it around out of the blue.

He's also 4 years removed from his MVP year and has had several shortened campaigns due to injury. It's possible that he's not that good anymore and is beginning his decline. He is 29, and players sometimes can drop off quickly heading into their 30s.

His point totals have been consistent to recent years except for the goal scoring, which seems to have dropped off the map. It's possible it doesn't come back.
Yup. He aways seemed to be at his best by just running like a bull. Bumps and bruises don't heal quite so easy as you approach 30, and he's certainly lost at least a half step.

Different player, but wouldn't be surprised to see a Heatley trajectory.
powderjunkie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2021, 11:28 AM   #111
kukkudo
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monahammer View Post

Don't even start dude, Oilfan is a very credible poster that even has inside information from time to time.
kukkudo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2021, 11:35 AM   #112
Calgary4LIfe
Franchise Player

Exp:

Yeah, I remember Oilfan 81 breaking a load of news on this site. He contributed to this site becoming one of the better hockey sites online IMO.
Calgary4LIfe is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Calgary4LIfe For This Useful Post:
Old 04-13-2021, 11:37 AM   #113
btimbit
Franchise Player

Exp:

Oilfan may be an oil fan, but he is hardly an oil troll. The furthest from it
btimbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2021, 12:48 PM   #114
OILFAN #81

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calgary4LIfe View Post
Yeah, I remember Oilfan 81 breaking a load of news on this site. He contributed to this site becoming one of the better hockey sites online IMO.
Quote:
Originally Posted by btimbit View Post
Oilfan may be an oil fan, but he is hardly an oil troll. The furthest from it
Quote:
Originally Posted by kukkudo View Post
Don't even start dude, Oilfan is a very credible poster that even has inside information from time to time.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Textcritic View Post
OILFAN #81 has been around so long there are even posts of his in the first E=NG thread.

I think he my have been here before stang.
Thanks
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to OILFAN #81 For This Useful Post:
Old 04-13-2021, 12:51 PM   #115
GioforPM
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Considering based on reports that Hall's NTC decided that it was basically Boston or nothing, can't blame the GM for the deal.
You still can blame the GM for the overall approach. He basically let Hall find out who was interested and that opened the door for Hall to pick and choose. Once Hall found out Boston was in the mix, he deliberately narrowed the field to Boston.

Hall already said he was willing to be traded. So IMO they could have gone out, negotiated the best realistic deal (eg not Edmonton), and then put it to Hall. Let’s say Vegas offered something better. If Hall doesn’t know for sure Boston is offering something, does he say no to Vegas?

Now, maybe there was a handshake at the time of Hall’s UFA signing where they said Hall would be a full participant in any talks, so that would be different I guess.
GioforPM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2021, 04:26 PM   #116
Jiri Hrdina
Franchise Player

Exp:

Reportedly he's "Everyone's Favorite Oilfan".
Jiri Hrdina is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Jiri Hrdina For This Useful Post:
Old 04-13-2021, 04:44 PM   #117
transplant99
Fearmongerer

Location: Wondering when # became hashtag and not a number sign.
Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GioforPM View Post
You still can blame the GM for the overall approach. He basically let Hall find out who was interested and that opened the door for Hall to pick and choose. Once Hall found out Boston was in the mix, he deliberately narrowed the field to Boston.

Hall already said he was willing to be traded. So IMO they could have gone out, negotiated the best realistic deal (eg not Edmonton), and then put it to Hall. Let’s say Vegas offered something better. If Hall doesn’t know for sure Boston is offering something, does he say no to Vegas?

Now, maybe there was a handshake at the time of Hall’s UFA signing where they said Hall would be a full participant in any talks, so that would be different I guess.
It sounds like they went to Hall....he gave them a list of 3 teams, Boston was 1 of them, and Adams shopped those 3 teams and took the best offer or maybe even the only offer.

The whole point of a NTC is to determine your own destination....Hall just took advantage of what was his to take advantage of.
Old 04-13-2021, 05:37 PM   #118
Sylvanfan
Appealing my suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Lol I have 22,000 posts which in 16 years still averages 4 a day. Rarely about hockey things? That’s funny (let the posters who have been here awhile fill you in). Especially during the years of Kiprusoff/Iginla/Regehr I definitely “took my lumps” and posted regularly.
I have to admit that I had to rub my eyes when I saw you post on the FOI forum. IIRC up until 2008-09 you posted quite a bit on the forum. I still remember thinking that you and Turek Fan had duped the CPHL and made up a person named Suneil Kahk to be an agent to help further your own teams...Still not convinced I wasn't onto something there.

Welcome back.
Old 04-13-2021, 11:56 PM   #119
OILFAN #81

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sylvanfan View Post
I have to admit that I had to rub my eyes when I saw you post on the FOI forum. IIRC up until 2008-09 you posted quite a bit on the forum. I still remember thinking that you and Turek Fan had duped the CPHL and made up a person named Suneil Kahk to be an agent to help further your own teams...Still not convinced I wasn't onto something there.

Welcome back.
Good memory. My Dad passed away in 2009 at a young age and I moved from Calgary to California. The community of CP was unreal at that time.

And yes I was in the CPHL and no, we never made up an agent lol.
Old 04-14-2021, 12:05 AM   #120
Mull
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GioforPM View Post

Is this how you would conduct business in the real world?

Hall ask Buffalos what offers/interest they have received. You suggest Buffalo lies to Hall and states only Vegas but not Boston?

What happens when Hall is a FA and the Boston GM ask Hall why he didn't take the Boston offer and Hall informs him he never heard of it. You don't think the Buffalo GM at that point would be considered a man of no integrity?
Mull is offline   Reply With Quote