Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > Other Sports: Football, Baseball, Local Hockey, Etc...
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-05-2021, 11:13 AM   #2821
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Look on my Works, ye Mighty, and despair!
CaptainCrunch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2021, 11:20 AM   #2822
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

This one's better, Steiner's vs Doom.

I remember reading that Reed and Simmon's just simply wouldn't take the Steiner's BS in the ring as they genuienly enjoyed injuring workers.

The Following User Says Thank You to CaptainCrunch For This Useful Post:
Old 02-05-2021, 11:54 AM   #2823
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

While modern wrestling themes are pretty awesome, I do miss the days when Wrestlers came out to well known main street hits.

Nancy to Strut. Bad Company to Bad Company. Even when CM Punk came back with Cult of Personality, I thought it was amazing.

Old 02-05-2021, 03:28 PM   #2824
Inferno
Franchise Player

Exp:

Sounds like Cesaro will be sticking around with WWE.

https://rajah.com/node/report-cesaro...w-contract-wwe
Inferno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2021, 05:27 PM   #2825
Ozy_Flame

Posted the 6 millionth post!

Exp:

WWE recently signed football player and muscle powerhouse Parker Boudreaux and, uh, I can only imagine why Vince signed this guy:

Dude is a spitting image of Brock Lesnar
Ozy_Flame is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Ozy_Flame For This Useful Post:
Old 02-05-2021, 06:14 PM   #2826
trackercowe
Franchise Player

Exp:

Roman Reigns is such a good promo! Topping his game each and every show. Too bad there's no live audience. To me he's become the most entertaining superstar since the Attitude era. Heyman must be playing a huge role in his recent development. He just made the feud with Edge relevant to me. Can't wait to see it now.
trackercowe is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to trackercowe For This Useful Post:
Old 02-05-2021, 06:24 PM   #2827
Puppet Guy
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozy_Flame View Post
WWE recently signed football player and muscle powerhouse Parker Boudreaux and, uh, I can only imagine why Vince signed this guy:

Dude is a spitting image of Brock Lesnar

This can only mean that Brock's leaving and they're gonna try the "fake Diesel" thing again.

- Surferguy
Puppet Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Puppet Guy For This Useful Post:
Old 02-08-2021, 09:40 PM   #2828
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Sadly it sounds like Terry Funk isn't doing very well and living with a great deal of pain, which is no surprise based on his style and his refusal to retire. But a lot of wrestlers are calling for prayers for him tonight.

Old 02-08-2021, 09:53 PM   #2829
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

https://twitter.com/user/status/1358995562662686726

The Following User Says Thank You to CaptainCrunch For This Useful Post:
Old 02-09-2021, 04:45 PM   #2830
Inferno
Franchise Player

Exp:

https://twitter.com/user/status/1359179229171171328
Inferno is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Inferno For This Useful Post:
Old 02-10-2021, 12:37 PM   #2831
zukes
Nostradamus

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by trackercowe View Post
Roman Reigns is such a good promo! Topping his game each and every show. Too bad there's no live audience. To me he's become the most entertaining superstar since the Attitude era. Heyman must be playing a huge role in his recent development. He just made the feud with Edge relevant to me. Can't wait to see it now.
Except I think the plan is Edge - Orton at WM. We'll know for sure if Orton wins the strap at Elimination Chamber.
Old 02-10-2021, 01:22 PM   #2832
d_phaneuf
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by zukes View Post
Except I think the plan is Edge - Orton at WM. We'll know for sure if Orton wins the strap at Elimination Chamber.
I'd be shocked if they took the belt off drew
d_phaneuf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2021, 05:25 PM   #2833
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Jesus that woman's Dusty final match was nasty, nobody is going to be walking tomorrow, they need to bring Gonzales up to the Main Roster to just murder Nia Jax.

Dakota Kai is a great performer, Shotzi Blackheart is a surprise everytime I see her. Ember Moon did ok, but was the weakest of the four ladies.

5/5 stars

Johnny Gargano (C) def Kushida

A very cool match, lots of exchanges of holds and submissions, really bruising looking match that didn't need a ton of high spots to get over. Some fantastic move/reversal/move/reversal sequences.

4/5 stars

MSK def Grizzled Young Veterans

Decent enough match, but at times a bit of a mess booking wise. A couple of moves almost murdered the participants. I liked it, but It doesn't stand up to the Woman's final

3/5 Stars

Io Sharai def Mercedez Martinez and Toni Storm

Great 3 way match, Martinez and Storm worked really well in a tough 3 way match, and in combination with Io this match came across as a million bucks. I like Storm a lot, she's talented, Martinez is a more vicious version of Baszler. But really the problem is that there's to me no question that right now Io is probably the best woman's wrestler on the planet. She can do everything really well. She had a couple of insane spots tonight. There were some interesting three way holds in this match.

5/5 stars

Last edited by CaptainCrunch; 02-14-2021 at 06:51 PM.
Old 02-14-2021, 06:59 PM   #2834
Ozy_Flame

Posted the 6 millionth post!

Exp:

In other news, Taya Valkyrie (former IMPACT knockouts champion) has signed with WWE, and Eli Drake showed up at the PPV tonight in a dark segment.
Ozy_Flame is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2021, 07:10 PM   #2835
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Not surprised that she signed with WWE. People forget that she was in two seasons of World of Hurt, the Lance Storm reality show.

Old 02-14-2021, 08:51 PM   #2836
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Finn Balor def Pete Dunn

Ok, I take back everything I've said about Finn Balor, that he was colorless, boring, predictible. Maybe it was going up against Dunn, but this match in its construction and execution is a match of the year candidate. Besides it being just a bruising looking match, they got the little details right. Finn resetting his fingers after the finger snapping by Dunn. At one point, Finn pulls out Dunne's mouth guard, flips it casually over his shoulder and then kicks Dunne in the mouth. A lot of thought went into every element of the match. It was awesome in a way because both competitors were elevated. Dunne looked brutal and nearly industructable, Finn looked like a champion, and its the rare match where in my mind kicking out of finishers worked.

6/5 stars

The aftermath. We saw the destruction of the Undisputed Era as they came out to save Finn from a beatdown by Burch, Orca and Dunne. Then Kyle helps up Balor, then they all stand united, awesome enough until Cole super kicks Balor, and then Kyle and leaves Strong in the ring.

Absolutely excellent ppv. I would call it a 4.5/5 star show.

Oh and the one moment of comedy wasn't a bad acting job, while minicing around screaming about a injured hole. But the look on Toni Storms face when she accidentally collapsed the gimmicked Spanish Announcers Table.

https://twitter.com/user/status/1361129829328949251

Old 02-14-2021, 09:35 PM   #2837
SuperMatt18
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by zukes View Post
WWE probably wouldn’t do it because it’s not the feel good story but if you want to make Roman into an even better and bigger heel then have him just destroy Edge at WM.

Just have him leave Edge a bloodied and battered mess yelling at him that he’s old and washed up and that he should have never come back and close the show with him holding the belt over Edge.

Problem is they already kind of did this angle with Orton but this would have been way more impactful and could have pushed Reigns even more.
SuperMatt18 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2021, 09:52 PM   #2838
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

I do love that idea, but then what do you do with Edge? I really don't think the move is to put Edge over a main eventer like Reigns, but right now the WWE main eventer scene is the weakest in like a decade.

Old 02-14-2021, 11:14 PM   #2839
d_phaneuf
Franchise Player

Exp:

That womans match was incredible, Io is so much better than any other woman doing this right now, Toni Storm isnt super far behind her

Balor and Dunne was one of the best psychological matches in a long time

Adam f'n Cole is just the best, him vs KoR over the next few months leading up to the WM NXT show should be great, and then have Cole move up I'm guessing, was hoping they would move UE up as a unit when they did, since one area WWE lacks nowadays is factions, just look at how much better every member of the hurt business has been since they got together
d_phaneuf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2021, 11:40 PM   #2840
SuperMatt18
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainCrunch View Post
I do love that idea, but then what do you do with Edge? I really don't think the move is to put Edge over a main eventer like Reigns, but right now the WWE main eventer scene is the weakest in like a decade.
Have Edge spend the year questioning himself.

He loses a bunch of matches on the main card (have him fued with a guy like Miz who keeps trashing him verbally) and then he goes down to NXT to try to prove to himself he still has that fire and that he still has what it takes to be a champion. Maybe have him try to win the NXT title and fail a couple times until finally getting over that hump.

Then once he has that confidence back by winning the NXT title and he proves to himself that he has that fire again, he wins an opportunity to face Reigns at WM, making it NXT Champion Edge vs Roman Reigns in a WWE Championship Match and a shot for Edge to win back the title he never lost.

Last edited by SuperMatt18; 02-14-2021 at 11:44 PM.
SuperMatt18 is online now   Reply With Quote