Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > Fire on Ice: The Calgary Flames Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-29-2023, 10:35 AM   #9161
CalgaryFan1988
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Always Earned Never Given View Post
Let’s say Pelletier continues to impress which also gets going Huderdeau and the Habs win the Connor Bedard lottery, do you think a trade would be possible?

2 Quebecois under Marty St-Louis in Montreal and finally a # 1 center for the Flames!

Of course Habs would have sold at trading deadline so they would have cap to fit Huby’a contract.
Why would Montreal, who are in a rebuild, want a guy who is turning 30 in June?
CalgaryFan1988 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to CalgaryFan1988 For This Useful Post:
Old 01-29-2023, 10:36 AM   #9162
neo45
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
Let’s say Pelletier continues to impress which also gets going Huderdeau and the Habs win the Connor Bedard lottery, do you think a trade would be possible?

2 Quebecois under Marty St-Louis in Montreal and finally a # 1 center for the Flames!

Of course Habs would have sold at trading deadline so they would have cap to fit Huby’a contract.
I think you might have made the worst trade proposal in forum history my guy
neo45 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to neo45 For This Useful Post:
Old 01-29-2023, 11:09 AM   #9163
keenan87
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:

You are talking: Huberdeau+Pelletier+Lindholm+3 1sts for Bedard right?
keenan87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2023, 11:16 AM   #9164
Jiri Hrdina
Franchise Player

Exp:

Even then it doesn’t get it done
Jiri Hrdina is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to Jiri Hrdina For This Useful Post:
Old 01-29-2023, 11:30 AM   #9165
Erick Estrada
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by TOfan View Post
I think he will be better as soon as he has a legitimate top 6 wing on the other side. That could be in 5 weeks or less.
I sure hope not. The last thing this organization can afford to do is trade more assets away for rentals. The fact that the backup goaltender is the best goaltender on the team right now is indicative of a team that's not going to go far this season.
Erick Estrada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2023, 11:40 AM   #9166
dammage79
Franchise Player

Exp:

Bedard-Caufield >>>>>>>>>> whatever ppl throw at the habs
Old 01-29-2023, 11:46 AM   #9167
TOfan
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erick Estrada View Post
I sure hope not. The last thing this organization can afford to do is trade more assets away for rentals. The fact that the backup goaltender is the best goaltender on the team right now is indicative of a team that's not going to go far this season.
Agreed. I don’t think Treliving will be looking at rentals. Perhaps a low-level one, like Luke Schenn at a reasonable cost (ie a 4th round pick) but I don’t see it for a top 6 forward. The guys I could see the Flames having interest in depending on how the team performs between now and the deadline are:

Duclair - 2 years left including this year
Meier - pending RFA
Koenekny - term left, although Seravelli doesn’t think he is available
Anderson - mentioned this last page

I’m with you though, that I don’t think the Flames should be dealing picks/prospects, especially given how the season has gone go date. The team would have to put it all together pretty quickly. As Treliving has said in the past, you take your queue’s from the team. I haven’t seen anything to date that would suggest Treliving be aggressive at the deadline. He’s also been on record saying something to the effect that he only moves first’s for players with term. In other words, I don’t see Tarasenko or RoR coming unless it’s for an absurdly low price.
TOfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2023, 12:00 PM   #9168
CalgaryFan1988
Franchise Player

Exp:

What is Anderson @50 percent retained worth?
CalgaryFan1988 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2023, 12:04 PM   #9169
Toonage
Taking a while to get to 5000

Exp:

$2.75m
He would fetch at least a 1st, 2nd and prospect IMO
The more Montreal eats the more they get
Toonage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2023, 12:07 PM   #9170
TOfan
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CalgaryFan1988 View Post
What is Anderson @50 percent retained worth?
He has four years left on his deal. Montreal isn’t retaining.
Old 01-29-2023, 12:27 PM   #9171
dino7c
Franchise Player

Exp:

I doubt the Panthers trade Duclair, they will just circumvent the cap like everyone else in cap trouble
Old 01-29-2023, 01:11 PM   #9172
cannon7
Needs More Cowbell

Exp:

A 1st for Anderson? Even with 50% cap retained is a severe overpayment. A guy on pace for 29pts is the ideal winger for Huberdeau?
cannon7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2023, 01:20 PM   #9173
Toonage
Taking a while to get to 5000

Exp:

You don't like him but that doesn't mean there isn't 1 of 31 GMs who won't do that.
Toonage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2023, 01:22 PM   #9174
dissentowner
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toonage View Post
$2.75m
He would fetch at least a 1st, 2nd and prospect IMO
The more Montreal eats the more they get
No he wouldn't. He would fetch a 1st and maybe a project prospect. This is Josh Anderson, not Timmo Meier.
dissentowner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2023, 01:26 PM   #9175
Vinny01
Franchise Player

Exp:

This flames team likely has put themselves in a spot for some bargain level buying. I don’t really want them moving their 2nd but that and middling prospects are pretty much all I want them spending and going after a guy like Domi to fill a need on the wing. Ideally Pelletier takes a step, Zary gets a look and Kylington comes back. Even Coronato signing could provide a boost but I doubt he would get a look with Sutter. If they go 10-1-1 before they deadline that won’t change my mind that they should try and keep their assets through the deadline.
Vinny01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2023, 01:36 PM   #9176
dammage79
Franchise Player

Exp:

The Coronato fretting, while somewhat warranted should be disapating with every game Pelletier plays. Especially considering that Coronato is a higher tier prospect and at a position of ....let's throw some emphasis on this...a dire need (RHS RW/C).

I've been more than impressed with Pelletiers usage and his ability to fit in. I have little doubt that Coronato can do it better and sooner.

Next season can't come soon enough because if the Flames play this right, Coronato will join for the final push this year, and then next year we have a whole platoon of youth coming in adding some of that hutzpah a lot of us would like to see with an injection of youth.

I'd wager we will have all of the big 4 prospects on the main roster next year, Pelts, Coronato, Zary and Wolf. Wolf bouncing back and forth.

IMO, if Tree is making moves, he's going after another RFA RHS fw. And then a d prospect or two.

In fact I bet the Flames draft heavy on D in this draft.
Old 01-29-2023, 01:42 PM   #9177
Vinny01
Franchise Player

Exp:

A lot can happen between now and the offseason but I think taking a serious look at trading Lindholm and/or Hanifin should be considered after this season. Does the team add 2 more $7-9M per players that will be spending portionss of those contracts (majority in Lindholm’s case) in their 30’s? Would that package of players be able to return something around Lafreniere or Byfield and give the Flames cap flexibility and youth that could be factors down the road? Allow the team to rebuild and stay competitive?

Again a topic for the summer but one I have thought might make more sense if they trade instead of extend those players even though they are 2 crucial core players.
Vinny01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2023, 02:53 PM   #9178
TOfan
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by dammage79 View Post
The Coronato fretting, while somewhat warranted should be disapating with every game Pelletier plays. Especially considering that Coronato is a higher tier prospect and at a position of ....let's throw some emphasis on this...a dire need (RHS RW/C).

I've been more than impressed with Pelletiers usage and his ability to fit in. I have little doubt that Coronato can do it better and sooner.

Next season can't come soon enough because if the Flames play this right, Coronato will join for the final push this year, and then next year we have a whole platoon of youth coming in adding some of that hutzpah a lot of us would like to see with an injection of youth.

I'd wager we will have all of the big 4 prospects on the main roster next year, Pelts, Coronato, Zary and Wolf. Wolf bouncing back and forth.

IMO, if Tree is making moves, he's going after another RFA RHS fw. And then a d prospect or two.

In fact I bet the Flames draft heavy on D in this draft.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny01 View Post
A lot can happen between now and the offseason but I think taking a serious look at trading Lindholm and/or Hanifin should be considered after this season. Does the team add 2 more $7-9M per players that will be spending portionss of those contracts (majority in Lindholm’s case) in their 30’s? Would that package of players be able to return something around Lafreniere or Byfield and give the Flames cap flexibility and youth that could be factors down the road? Allow the team to rebuild and stay competitive?

Again a topic for the summer but one I have thought might make more sense if they trade instead of extend those players even though they are 2 crucial core players.
If Hanifin isn’t interested is extending, wonder if a Hanifin for Konecny deal makes sense in the offseason.
The Following User Says Thank You to TOfan For This Useful Post:
Old 01-29-2023, 02:55 PM   #9179
Strange Brew
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny01 View Post

Maybe if there is a different GM. We have eight plus years of tape on Treliving and we can see he just doesn’t like moving on from players until his hand is forced.
Strange Brew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2023, 03:25 PM   #9180
cannon7
Needs More Cowbell

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toonage View Post
You don't like him but that doesn't mean there isn't 1 of 31 GMs who won't do that.
Only way Treliving does that is if he keeps listening to his pro scout (Pleau), who was likely the one pushing for acquiring him when he was with Columbus. Fast forward, Flames dodged a bullet, as aside for a hot start last season, Anderson has been a disappointment for the Habs in all other respects. Anderson is a streaky enigma who takes a lot of nights off, and given his injury history and age, is losing value by the day. And we want that four year contract?
cannon7 is offline   Reply With Quote