Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community
Old 12-11-2018, 07:18 PM   #41
Sainters7
Franchise Player

Exp:

Yeah pants I could see, just cuz of the slim fit jeans fad lately. Thats annoying. Shirts totally cater to the un-slim fellow though. Size small is usually too big on me at most stores, and I'm not even THAT slim

Last edited by Sainters7; 12-11-2018 at 11:35 PM.
Sainters7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2018, 05:26 PM   #42
DoubleF
Franchise Player

Exp:

I have a slim athletic build so most of the stuff labeled "slim" at my size is too damn baggy. I think Saks has a size that's called trim which is slimmer than "slim" (that's always seemingly never in stock by the way). The best is to get it tailored, but to do so, I need to find something that's close enough anyways first.

However, there are two reasonably priced brands that I found I have often been able to find something off the rack that fits reasonably well without requiring tailoring. One is Calvin Klein and the other is Tristan.

Higher end, Kit and Ace and Club Monaco has a bit more dress clothes selection that I seem to fit reasonably well straight off the rack.
DoubleF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2018, 05:43 PM   #43
delayedreflex
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by sketchyt View Post
Uniqlo for me.
Not sure if OP saw this, but definitely would recommend Uniqlo - they only have stores in Vancouver and Toronto within Canada right now, but I've read that you can order with their mobile app and have it delivered to anywhere in Canada (free shipping for orders of $50 or more). Not sure how returns would work though if those are required.
delayedreflex is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to delayedreflex For This Useful Post:
Old 12-12-2018, 08:19 PM   #44
TorqueDog
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoubleF View Post
The best is to get it tailored, but to do so, I need to find something that's close enough anyways first.
This is my M.O. for new clothes. Anything that fits my shoulders off-the-shelf can be wrapped around me like a blanket. Anything that fits my lower-mid torso properly will have the buttons pulling and holding on for dear life at the chest / shoulders. Slim fit pants are a no-go; I take a 31 waist but the legs won't clear my calves.

Best bet is to buy something that fits the largest part of you and just get it taken in. I'm going to be looking for a new tailor after spring, my guy is retiring.
TorqueDog is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to TorqueDog For This Useful Post:
Old 12-12-2018, 08:27 PM   #45
Shazam
Franchise Player

Exp:

I should try out Simon’s. Getting tired of BR. Also their slim pants look like flood pants on me.
Old 12-14-2018, 01:30 PM   #46
iggypop
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

I'm bored at work so I threw together a quick chart comparing slimness and quality of dress shirts I've worn.

My go to right now is Simons Le 31 but I wish the quality was better. It's also hard to find anything that isn't a pretty loud pattern which is a frustrating.

Otherwise I usually head to BR (non-outlet) as the quality is good for the price, but there are slimmer retailers out there.

Frank and Oak on 17th is worth checking out as well. Fits slightly slimmer than JCrew and BR but their sleeves can be a littler short.
iggypop is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to iggypop For This Useful Post:
Old 12-14-2018, 04:53 PM   #47
blankall
Ate 100 Treadmills

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by OMG!WTF! View Post
I don't understand the 30 inch waste. I'm not fat. Not chunky, chubby, soft or pudgy. I'm not even big boned. I can't jam myself into 36 pants if my life depended on it. It's 38 or better and all I seem to find are skinny little skinny guy stores with nothing greater than 32 waste and like weird 36 alien legs. Oh no sir I'm sorry we have nothing of that size to accommodate you. Maybe try the WalMart.
To be fair, I'm only about 5'7 (5'7.5 in the morning). So the 30'' waist is a bit easier to accomplish.

Most of those 36 pants are probably more like 38'' in actual measurements though.
blankall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2018, 05:10 PM   #48
Mass_nerder
Franchise Player

Exp:

I used to be pretty slim and really love Frank and Oak.
Mass_nerder is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Mass_nerder For This Useful Post:
Old 12-14-2018, 05:12 PM   #49
Shazam
Franchise Player

Exp:

Did you take an arrow in the knee?
Old 12-15-2018, 08:55 AM   #50
Regulator75
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry Lime View Post
"Chalmer's Big and Tall Men's Shoppe, a seven-outlet chain in the Pacific Northwest. Unfortunately, it does us no good here."
Quote doesn't match the pic.

Quote is from Trains, Planes and Automobiles and that pic is from Uncle Buck.

Spoiler!

More photos on Flickr
Regulator75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2018, 10:02 AM   #51
BuckPunny
Draft Pick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sainters7 View Post
Yeah pants I could see, just cuz of the slim fit jeans fad lately. Thats annoying. Shirts totally cater to the un-slim fellow though. Size small is usually too big on me at most stores, and I'm not even THAT slim

Yeah agreed, pants are a lot easier for him to find. It's shirts that are generally the problem. For dress shirts, I saw a decent selection of slim fit stuff at several of the stores suggested. Shirts that were more on the dressy-casual side were definitely tougher though.
BuckPunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2018, 10:07 AM   #52
BuckPunny
Draft Pick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Regulator75 View Post
Quote doesn't match the pic.

Quote is from Trains, Planes and Automobiles and that pic is from Uncle Buck.

Haha now I know why I can picture that Uncle Buck scene exactly but yet do not recognize the quote at all!
BuckPunny is offline   Reply With Quote