Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > Other Sports: Football, Baseball, Local Hockey, Etc...
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-05-2017, 06:21 PM   #61
TheAlpineOracle
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

The Raptors aren’t winning anything with junk like Lowry and DeRozan running This team and Casey behind the bench. They need to accept this. Resigning Lowry was dumb. Take Wright, Powell, VanFleet and start to rebuild.

Such a frustrating team to follow.

Last edited by TheAlpineOracle; 11-05-2017 at 06:52 PM.
TheAlpineOracle is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to TheAlpineOracle For This Useful Post:
Old 11-05-2017, 07:14 PM   #62
bluejays
Franchise Player

Exp:

In fairness, 25 other teams have little chance in modern day NBA. The NBA is now generally a predictable outcome, which isn't a good thing for pro sports.
bluejays is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2017, 01:36 PM   #63
jayswin
Celebrated Square Root Day

Exp:

Yeah, I don't know why fans of teams that aren't in the big 5/6 even follow the sport day to day anymore. No point.
jayswin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2017, 05:18 PM   #64
Strange Brew
Franchise Player

Exp:

Harden accounted for 91 points last night, between points and assists. Third highest all time. Wilt is highest with 104 (his 100 point game plus 2 assists) and Harden already had a 95 points created game.

Last edited by Strange Brew; 11-06-2017 at 09:21 PM.
Strange Brew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2017, 08:20 AM   #65
Drake
Franchise Player

Exp:

@WojEPSN:
Suns finalizing deal to send Eric Bledsoe to Bucks, league sources tell @ZachLowe_NBA and me.

Drake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2017, 10:03 AM   #66
calculoso
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayswin View Post
Yeah, I don't know why fans of teams that aren't in the big 5/6 even follow the sport day to day anymore. No point.
This viewpoint is only valid if all you care about is winning the championship. If you're still a fan of the sport and enjoy the game-to-game or even play-to-play battles, there is still plenty of reason to follow the sport.
calculoso is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to calculoso For This Useful Post:
Old 11-08-2017, 06:21 PM   #67
Senator Clay Davis
Franchise Player

Exp:

Come playoff time, yes, the NBA will be predictable, although the East will at least have more intrigue this year if the Cavs struggle to integrate Isaiah Thomas when he comes back (assuming he even can come back 100%). But right now the NBA has more reasons to watch the regular season than any of the other big three sports. There are so many teams that are worth watching because of how loaded the league currently is with young talent. The big man revolution in particular is great. Between KAT, Porzingis, Jokic, AD, Embiid, you have a ton of ridiculously high ceiling players. And that's just one position. It's a lot more fun watching NBA basketball than it was 10 years ago.

Plus who can't wait to see LeBron on the Sixers next year? I sure can't.
Old 11-08-2017, 07:47 PM   #68
bluejays
Franchise Player

Exp:

^ Why Lebron to Philly? Any theory on that?
Old 11-08-2017, 08:49 PM   #69
Senator Clay Davis
Franchise Player

Exp:

Because the Sixers already look like a top 4 team in the East, add LeBron and they cruise to the Finals. Cavs roster is trash as we can see right now, and I really doubt he goes West, so out East that leaves the Sixers as the most logical destination. I can't see him staying with the Cavs since I can't see Gilbert doing anything but shedding salary this offseason to keep the tax bill down. Plus I really, really wanna see what a Simmons-LeBron-Embiid lineup can do. Now that sounds like a lot of fun.

Speaking of fun, doesn't appear Lonzo is having much fun. I think it's fair to say he simply sucks. He looks like Michael Carter Williams with even less of a jump shot and even poorer defense. Never though we'd see a time where a starting PG drafted #2 overall could be posting a 29/23/54 slash line, while at the same time we have a center drafted #41 overall over the mythical 50/40/90 line, but here we are.

Last edited by Senator Clay Davis; 11-08-2017 at 08:51 PM.
Senator Clay Davis is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Senator Clay Davis For This Useful Post:
Old 11-08-2017, 09:17 PM   #70
bluejays
Franchise Player

Exp:

On Lonzo, I have no idea if he'll turn out to be good or not, but my impression of him is that he lacks confidence and isn't the player to turn a team around single handedly. If he has a vet to guide him and work with a star where he himself isn't the focal point, I think he'll be fine.
Old 11-08-2017, 09:28 PM   #71
Senator Clay Davis
Franchise Player

Exp:

He is just not a good shooter, he can't shoot moving right without it being blocked or well contested because of how his shot motion is, so where that kind of shooting motion can work in high school and college, the NBA is simply far more difficult. And he doesn't appear to be a very good finisher either, thought that's easier to improve than a shot. He can probably be a great assist man, but in this era of the NBA your point guard can't be a liability shooting the ball, unless he's a big time athlete like say Ben Simmons.
Old 11-09-2017, 08:31 PM   #72
St. Pats
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Raptors finally win a game against a decent opponent. Cousins usually owns them but JV was extremely good this game. IF the NBA still featured a lot of traditional bigs JV would be a star.
St. Pats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2017, 03:22 PM   #73
killer_carlson
Franchise Player

Exp:

The other thing about Lonzo is that there are going to be a lot of people looking forward to his fall, ready to dog pile on it. His dad's mouth set that up for him.
Old 11-12-2017, 03:56 PM   #74
jayswin
Celebrated Square Root Day

Exp:

Raptors are so predicable.

Down one with one more shot, give it to Derozan, he ****s around and puts up a lazy fade away, misses.

Boston takes a fluke offensive foul giving them another chance, give it to Derozan, he ****s around and puts up a lazy fade away, misses. Game over.
jayswin is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to jayswin For This Useful Post:
Old 11-13-2017, 02:22 AM   #75
St. Pats
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:

Down one with one more shot, give it to Derozan, he ****s around and puts up a lazy fade away, misses.

Boston takes a fluke offensive foul giving them another chance, give it to Derozan, he ****s around and puts up a lazy fade away, misses. Game over.
Celtics without their best two players still better than the Raptors. Largely in part to having a great young coach who isn't a total bozo like Casey.

The culture reset is going to take a long long time. Especially with dufus Casey at the helm. MU should just show him the door.
Old 11-14-2017, 07:27 PM   #76
octothorp
Franchise Player

Exp:

Raptors playing a great half against Houston so far: 76-64. I really love Anunoby's game. If he can keep some consistency on the 3 point shot (he's 8-13 this month), he'll be a great player.
octothorp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2017, 07:37 PM   #77
Senator Clay Davis
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:

Not to defend the end of game shot selection because it wasn't good, but DeRozan should be making one of those two shots. Neither shot was all that tough and midrange is his wheelhouse.
Old 11-14-2017, 11:20 PM   #78
St. Pats
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by octothorp View Post
Raptors playing a great half against Houston so far: 76-64. I really love Anunoby's game. If he can keep some consistency on the 3 point shot (he's 8-13 this month), he'll be a great player.
Plus according to the broadcast crew who inform us every stinkin game he isn't healthy yet. I don't know but his jumping power looks pretty healthy to me. If he ain't 100% I'll bet he is pretty close. Casey is such a bozo but yet lucks out with Powell going down to injury. So he has to put OG in and presto away they go with an improbable win after a real stinker of a loss.
Old 11-15-2017, 10:11 AM   #79
Senator Clay Davis
Franchise Player

Exp:

Fun fact, Anunoby has one of the top five net ratings in the NBA, and the Raptors are +13.4 per 100 when he's on the floor, and -0.4 when he's not. Although that second number really shows the Raps are a very solid team even without him. I keep seeing a Kawhi-lite player, could be the steal of the draft.
Old 11-15-2017, 01:10 PM   #80
octothorp
Franchise Player

Exp:

Someone on twitter posted Harden's stats from last night with OG on and off the court:

Quote:
Harden's numbers with OG on the floor: 2/15 from the floor, 1/6 from 3, 6 AST and 6 TOV, -12 in 23 MP.

When OG sat, he was 6/10 from the floor, 2/5 from 3, 5 AST, 3 TOV, +10 in 16 MP.

https://twitter.com/dhackett1565/sta...unoby%2Fpage28

(He's a great follow for stats-interested Raptors fans.)
octothorp is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to octothorp For This Useful Post:

Tags
fire them all , i'm better than ibaka , kawhi so serious? , lebronto , time to go nuclear