Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-16-2018, 09:18 PM   #1
manwiches
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:
Default First hockey game at the Saddledome for my 4 year old

Hey CPers

My family and I are making our way back to the city for the holidays, and I managed to score some good tickets in the second bowl to the Tampa game on Thursday.

It'll be my son's first game at the Saddledome. I have taken him to a couple other arenas (Minnesota, Vancouver), but this will be the first here.

Are there any suggestions to get a solid experience for him? Show up early? Where to stand for pucks or even player interaction? Any first time attendee loot he could get? I honestly am not looking for myself, but I want my son to have an amazing experience to solidify his brooding love for the Flames.

Tks in advance.

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk
manwiches is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to manwiches For This Useful Post:
Old 12-16-2018, 09:28 PM   #2
DoubleK
Franchise Player

Exp:

Get there in time to be in your seats for pre game warmup.
Old 12-16-2018, 10:00 PM   #3
tvp2003
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoubleK View Post
Get there in time to be in your seats down in the lower bowl for pre game warmup.

Fixed For a 7:00 game be there by 6:20 and you'll have plenty of time to find a seat up by the glass to see the players up close (the ushers don't mind). Sections 101 to 108.
tvp2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2018, 10:29 PM   #4
redforever
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by manwiches View Post
Hey CPers

My family and I are making our way back to the city for the holidays, and I managed to score some good tickets in the second bowl to the Tampa game on Thursday.

It'll be my son's first game at the Saddledome. I have taken him to a couple other arenas (Minnesota, Vancouver), but this will be the first here.

Are there any suggestions to get a solid experience for him? Show up early? Where to stand for pucks or even player interaction? Any first time attendee loot he could get? I honestly am not looking for myself, but I want my son to have an amazing experience to solidify his brooding love for the Flames.

Tks in advance.

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk
The first game I ver took my grandson to, the greeters at the front door must have recognized he was in awe of the whole experience.

They gave him Flames pins and pencils etc and coupons for icecream.
redforever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2018, 10:31 PM   #5
FlamesAddiction
Franchise Player

Exp:

No advice, but you realize that if the Flames win, you have to bring him to every game after that. Mojo is real!
Old 12-16-2018, 11:19 PM   #6
Draug
First Line Centre

Exp:

I second the heading down to the glass in section 101 to 108 at about 6:20. If you son has a sign to hold up to the glass, he'll almost forsure catch the attention of some player who will toss a puck to him.

I also take a booster seat for my young kids. The large foam ones meant for a toddler at dinner table. It may seem crazy for a 5 year old, but my 5 year loves it. It helps them stay sitting in their seat so they dont annoy other patrons, and also allows them to see over the heads in front of them, while keeping their own head at a reasonable level for those behind you.
Draug is offline   Reply With Quote