Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum > Food and Entertainment
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-14-2018, 11:47 AM   #201
longsuffering
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by savardandjokinen View Post
This season keeps opening up more and more. I could see anything happening. Angelina seems like a good chance to make the finals but not get a vote to win tbh
Am I the only one who, after watching Angelina give one of her speeches or 'sales pitches', thinks she'd be right at home working in the Trump White House? She is so damn phoney and so damn full of herself.
longsuffering is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 5 Users Say Thank You to longsuffering For This Useful Post:
Old 12-14-2018, 04:03 PM   #202
killer_carlson
Franchise Player

Exp:

I think Mike wins it all.

Great understated player.

And I echo the comments that this has been a great season
Old 12-15-2018, 09:13 PM   #203
Oling_Roachinen
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by longsuffering View Post
Am I the only one who, after watching Angelina give one of her speeches or 'sales pitches', thinks she'd be right at home working in the Trump White House? She is so damn phoney and so damn full of herself.
She was already relatively unliked by most of the tribe, after a speech like that which was so ineffectual, how do you not take her to the end as the goat?
Oling_Roachinen is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Oling_Roachinen For This Useful Post:
Old 12-19-2018, 08:48 AM   #204
Cheese
Franchise Player

Exp:

The final is tonight...great season that has a few players who could be called back.
Tough to gauge who might take it today.
Cheese is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2018, 09:10 AM   #205
savardandjokinen
son of looooob

Exp:

Angelina has no chance

I doubt Alison makes it to finals as she’s been a target forever

Any of the other 4 could be a good bet to win it, prediction is Nick though
savardandjokinen is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to savardandjokinen For This Useful Post:
Old 12-19-2018, 08:39 PM   #206
calgarybornnraised
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Can't complain about that Winner. What a great season!
calgarybornnraised is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to calgarybornnraised For This Useful Post:
Old 12-19-2018, 11:26 PM   #207
killer_carlson
Franchise Player

Exp:

I enjoyed that season a lot.

I binged watched over the past 3 weeks. I may do that again next season. Lots of fun.
Old 12-19-2018, 11:29 PM   #208
savardandjokinen
son of looooob

Exp:

Good season good winner! Really enjoyed this season and looked forward to every Wednesday

My awards for the season

Player of the season: Nick
Hero of the season: Christian
Villain of the season: Angelina
Best social game: Mike
Best strategic game: Davie
Best physical game: Nick
Old 12-19-2018, 11:35 PM   #209
Hockey
Franchise Player

Exp:

Woohoo!!

Think this is my first survivor pool win.
Hockey is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Hockey For This Useful Post:
Old 12-19-2018, 11:37 PM   #210
mile
Franchise Player

Exp:

I'm kinda glad Angelina made the finale, she was at peak craziness tonight

Would've liked to see Mike blindsided at final 5, I thought it was the right time to do it.

Nick and Mike were both really good in the final tribal, I would've voted Nick because of his immunity wins and honesty but it really could've gone either way.

Best season in a while, can see lots of players from this season returning soon.
mile is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to mile For This Useful Post:
Old 12-19-2018, 11:50 PM   #211
WhiteTiger
Franchise Player

Exp:

This was a pretty good season. I enjoyed it all, and it was clearly a good win. Gotta give Nick props for going all the way, though I'd been hoping that it would be Davie and Kara beside him.

Not surprised that Angelina made it to the Final 3, though, but she was a pretty clear carry. I'm also amused, watching the after-show (which is really decent this year!) how clueless both her and Natalie seem to be. You weren't "on the hot seat in Tribal" for your entire time on the island, Natalie...

Very good season! And finally a return to a good aftershow! I'd been wondering if Survivor should just accept it, go 3 hours before revealing the winner and then having an hour long aftershow the following week or something, since they kept cutting into it and getting worse and worse with it.
WhiteTiger is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to WhiteTiger For This Useful Post:
Old 12-19-2018, 11:54 PM   #212
WhiteTiger
Franchise Player

Exp:

Hunh. Joe and Aubry. Again. Hunh. Also, didn't recognize the other two coming back.

Next season looks interesting.
WhiteTiger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2018, 12:01 AM   #213
savardandjokinen
son of looooob

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteTiger View Post
Hunh. Joe and Aubry. Again. Hunh. Also, didn't recognize the other two coming back.

Next season looks interesting.
Kelley Wentworth
David Wright
Old 12-20-2018, 12:28 AM   #214
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

I thought this was a great season, and I kind of appreciated that we had a bunch of players on the jury that didn't get carried away with the you screwed me crap.

I think Joe is a great bring back because of how he played the last three games, the guy is simply a challenge beast with a good social game.

Angelina was the person that I would want next to me in the final three because her strategy was really silly.

Look on my Works, ye Mighty, and despair!
CaptainCrunch is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to CaptainCrunch For This Useful Post:
Old 12-20-2018, 12:40 AM   #215
calgarybornnraised
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

There is no way in hell Aubry goes far.
calgarybornnraised is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2018, 06:44 AM   #216
GreenLantern
One of the Nine

Exp:

Nick is great evidence that you never want to go to final tribal with a Lawyer. He had that jury won over right from the start and just continued to come back with stronger and stronger answers. He did it in a way that he barely had to talk about anything but his gameplay and also in a way where he barely had to deface his opponents or any of their moves.

It was probably one of the best final tribal performances we've ever seen. I'm glad a player who actually deserved to win, won. Not just the best of what was left, but one of the best players of the season.

That was one of my favourite seasons in a while, it didn't have to many slow or boring parts. Game moved pretty quick with a lot of interesting characters.

Angelina will be back, you can tell that Probst loved her style of play, it gets people talking about the show. Christian is also a shoe in to return at some point, which I look forward to. I think Davie also has a shot at coming back, I loved watching him play as well. He gets so excited, its infectious.

Anyone thinking of applying for upcoming seasons now that Canadians are allowed?

Last edited by GreenLantern; 12-20-2018 at 06:49 AM.
GreenLantern is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to GreenLantern For This Useful Post:
Old 12-20-2018, 07:40 AM   #217
Cheese
Franchise Player

Exp:

Hockey and Cheese take home the big prize for picking Nick!
Cheese is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Cheese For This Useful Post:
Old 12-20-2018, 08:36 AM   #218
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenLantern View Post
Nick is great evidence that you never want to go to final tribal with a Lawyer. He had that jury won over right from the start and just continued to come back with stronger and stronger answers. He did it in a way that he barely had to talk about anything but his gameplay and also in a way where he barely had to deface his opponents or any of their moves.

It was probably one of the best final tribal performances we've ever seen. I'm glad a player who actually deserved to win, won. Not just the best of what was left, but one of the best players of the season.

That was one of my favourite seasons in a while, it didn't have to many slow or boring parts. Game moved pretty quick with a lot of interesting characters.

Angelina will be back, you can tell that Probst loved her style of play, it gets people talking about the show. Christian is also a shoe in to return at some point, which I look forward to. I think Davie also has a shot at coming back, I loved watching him play as well. He gets so excited, its infectious.

Anyone thinking of applying for upcoming seasons now that Canadians are allowed?

It would be fun to apply, however I think I would be one of the first people voted out if I ever got on.

Besides not having a filter, I think I would have more fun just trying to wreck other peoples games then winning a million bucks.

Old 12-20-2018, 08:37 AM   #219
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Why can't they do Survivor Seal Team VI versus Serial Killers. I would so watch that show because immunity would literally mean nothing.

Old 12-20-2018, 08:55 AM   #220
Jiri Hrdina
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenLantern View Post

Agreed about Nick but he also checked all the boxes where as Mike didn't. Nick could articulate how he had a great social game, won challenges, found and used idols and made big moves. And won 3 straight immunities when he needed them most.

Mike made big moves, had a tremendous social game - but didn't have the competition element
In many seasons Mike played a good enough game to win. But Nick played one of the most complete games in Survivor history.
Jiri Hrdina is offline   Reply With Quote