Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > Fire on Ice: The Calgary Flames Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 10-09-2020, 09:10 AM   #1001
Incogneto
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinny01 View Post
https://www.tsn.ca/tsn-hockey-s-trade-bait-1.203546

TSN trade bait board still only Hanifin for the Flames.

Biggest surprise for me on the list is 17 Konecny
Hanafin for Konecny. Problem solved.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Incogneto For This Useful Post:
Old 10-09-2020, 09:10 AM   #1002
Monahammer
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crown Royal View Post
and you do for god awful additions to the roster? We've all seen your trade suggestions
Your derision is neither warranted nor accepted. I come here to have fun with trade proposals, knowing some are going to get picked. You stay here to pick fights with posters whenever you can.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Monahammer For This Useful Post:
Old 10-09-2020, 09:11 AM   #1003
Monahammer
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scroopy Noopers View Post
Your “non contributor” argument for a bottom 6 player does not align with his stats. Just sounds like blinded fandom, basing this opinion on absolutely nothing.
Ask yourself why NJ would unload him for virtually nothing when they are a weak, shallow roster if he was actually a functioning and contributing part of their bottom 6. Same for Buffalo. The answer is that he wasnt/ isnt.
Old 10-09-2020, 09:12 AM   #1004
sureLoss
Some kinda newsbreaker!

Exp:

TSN saying Flames one of the many teams expected to make an offer to Hall.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to sureLoss For This Useful Post:
Old 10-09-2020, 09:12 AM   #1005
Scroopy Noopers
Pent-up

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Incogneto View Post
Well that would be a glorious alternative to landing Hall.
Old 10-09-2020, 09:13 AM   #1006
Crown Royal
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monahammer View Post
Your derision is neither warranted nor accepted. I come here to have fun with trade proposals, knowing some are going to get picked. You stay here to pick fights with posters whenever you can.
Yes, my soul reason for being here is fight whenever I can.

You are on a roll spreading your enlightened opinion.
Old 10-09-2020, 09:14 AM   #1007
Crown Royal
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Incogneto View Post
What problem does that solve exactly? And more importantly, what problem does that create?
Old 10-09-2020, 09:14 AM   #1008
Monahammer
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crown Royal View Post
Yes, my soul reason for being here is fight whenever I can.

You are on a roll spreading your enlightened opinion.
Sole, though perhaps a Freudian slip: what is in your soul?
Old 10-09-2020, 09:15 AM   #1009
Crown Royal
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Nevermind
Old 10-09-2020, 09:15 AM   #1010
Scroopy Noopers
Pent-up

Exp:

Quote:
Ask yourself why NJ would unload him for virtually nothing when they are a weak, shallow roster if he was actually a functioning and contributing part of their bottom 6. Same for Buffalo. The answer is that he wasnt/ isnt.
Again, weak argument that makes no sense. Bottom 6 forwards move all the time, which is what he is. Your argument that he isn’t is ridiculous.
Old 10-09-2020, 09:17 AM   #1011
Crown Royal
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Again, weak argument that makes no sense. Bottom 6 forwards move all the time, which is what he is. Your argument that he isn’t is ridiculous.
To add to this NJ traded him at the deadline when they were out of a playoff spot. The only surprise in him being moved was that Buffalo gave up a pick for him.
Old 10-09-2020, 09:18 AM   #1012
Monahammer
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
I would agree with you if this wasn't his 4th team in 2 years. That sort of bottom 6 player movement only happens to players about to exit the league. We should not tack ourselves on to that list and pay the price.
Old 10-09-2020, 09:18 AM   #1013
Vinny01
Franchise Player

Exp:

I am hoping the Flames lock in Markstrom early and then they have that in their pitch for Hall. Solid veterans, good young players, top end goaltending.
Old 10-09-2020, 09:19 AM   #1014
Crown Royal
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
I would agree with you if this wasn't his 4th team in 2 years. That sort of bottom 6 player movement only happens to players about to exit the league. We should not tack ourselves on to that list and pay the price.
He was a deadline acquisition twice and signed as a free agent in that time period, using him being traded at the deadline is not proof of anything no matter how much you want it to.
Old 10-09-2020, 09:20 AM   #1015
Scroopy Noopers
Pent-up

Exp:

Quote:
Another reason that makes no sense. Except for the soon to exit the league thing... because he’s 33. So, obviously?

You claimed he isn’t a bottom 6 forward in the league, yet several teams are looking at him right now. They have no idea though, because he’s a vet who’s been moved a bunch lately and that means... no one wants him and he is done.
Old 10-09-2020, 09:23 AM   #1016
Monahammer
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Another reason that makes no sense. Except for the soon to exit the league thing... because he’s 33. So, obviously?

You claimed he isn’t a bottom 6 forward in the league, yet several teams are looking at him right now. They have no idea though, because he’s a vet who’s been moved a bunch lately and that means... no one wants him and he is done.
Why aren't Buffalo, NJ, Philly or Nashville looking at him? It's because they do know, the guy isn't good enough to stick anymore and just takes a roster spot away from an actual potential contributor (and likely for more money than the replacement will take.)

Your argument is that he's a contributor based on limited numbers bouncing around between some of the worst teams in the league. He's not only on these bad teams, he is an anchor possession wise and corsi wise and these teams as well. In addition to the atrocious +/- numbers I posted earlier. This guy is not a bottom 6 player in the NHL on a playoff team. Do we want to be a playoff team?
Old 10-09-2020, 09:24 AM   #1017
Scroopy Noopers
Pent-up

Exp:

Quote:
Why aren't Buffalo, NJ, Philly or Nashville looking at him? It's because they do know, the guy isn't good enough to stick anymore and just takes a roster spot away from an actual potential contributor (and likely for more money than the replacement will take.)

Your argument is that he's a contributor based on limited numbers bouncing around between some of the worst teams in the league. He's not only on these bad teams, he is an anchor possession wise and corsi wise and these teams as well. In addition to the atrocious +/- numbers I posted earlier. This guy is not a bottom 6 player in the NHL on a playoff team. Do we want to be a playoff team?
Or, veteran who hasn’t won a cup isn’t interested in re-upping with lottery team. More news at 11.
Old 10-09-2020, 09:26 AM   #1018
Crown Royal
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:

Just because the Canadian media isn't spreading rumors that those teams are looking at Simmonds, doesn't mean they aren't.
Old 10-09-2020, 09:27 AM   #1019
Infinit47
First Line Centre

Exp:

Is anyone else happy that the Flames aren't going full Oilers and having the media pump up the soon to be new arena as a reason to come to Calgary? I cringed every time the Oilers pushed that narrative through their talking heads.
Old 10-09-2020, 09:27 AM   #1020
sureLoss
Some kinda newsbreaker!

Exp:

Bruce Garrioch @SunGarrioch
Led to believe the Detroit Red Wings may be the front runners for former #Sens winger Bobby Ryan. He was bought out last month by the club and has been allowed to shop himself around. He's had a ton of interest.
Closed Thread