Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum > Food and Entertainment
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-26-2021, 08:36 AM   #41
bdubbs
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Really enjoyed the third episode too. Loki's part was great.
bdubbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2021, 09:40 AM   #42
Duruss
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdubbs View Post
Really enjoyed the third episode too. Loki's part was great.
It was, but that's Loki. I liked the giant Watcher in the background, it added a sense of weight. I also like the jokes about Thor, great hair, smells like Lavinder will dead.
Duruss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2021, 12:35 PM   #43
getbak
Franchise Player

Exp:

#SteveSteveSteveIHeartSteve0704
Old 08-26-2021, 12:35 PM   #44
Shazam
Franchise Player

Exp:

As it turns out my banking password is the same as Agent Coulson's password.
Old 08-26-2021, 05:42 PM   #45
GGG
Franchise Player

Exp:

I love the humour they have had in these. My only criticism in this one is we don’t know the initiating event that caused the change beyond Hope died.
GGG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2021, 05:45 PM   #46
FireGilbert
Franchise Player

Exp:

It was nice to have Clark Gregg back. Was definitely felling the Phase 1 nostalgia.

I also loved how they kept a big name secret in the opening credits who then nailed their performance.

Was a little weird to have Black Widow sound like Poison Ivy though.
Old 08-26-2021, 11:19 PM   #47
#-3
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

I'm thinking the Disney+ Marvel model is pretty clear at this point. Somewhere between the first 4 episodes and 50% of the series we get semi-serialized world building, that doesn't really show us the coherent grand plot of the season. Then slowly stitching the threads together.

fan theory with trailer spoilers
Spoiler!
#-3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2021, 08:30 AM   #48
Duruss
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GGG View Post
I love the humour they have had in these. My only criticism in this one is we don’t know the initiating event that caused the change beyond Hope died.
There may not have been, it seems like this Pym was a bit more like comics Pym, who very much could have gone off the deep end of the loss of a child. His becoming Yellowjacket is a comics call back to that whole mental illness story arc.
Duruss is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2021, 12:43 PM   #49
GGG
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duruss View Post
There may not have been, it seems like this Pym was a bit more like comics Pym, who very much could have gone off the deep end of the loss of a child. His becoming Yellowjacket is a comics call back to that whole mental illness story arc.
I didn’t quite word that correctly. I was more wondering why did hope die in this universe versus live in the MCU.

In Captain America and star lord you saw the specific incident. This one was obviously more limited because of the who done it nature of the story. One of my favourite part of any alternate reality is the specific small butterfly affect that changes everything.
Old 08-27-2021, 12:49 PM   #50
cKy
First Line Centre

Exp:

I thought these were one off stories being told. Are these all connected forming a bigger conclusion at the end of the season?

cKy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2021, 06:38 PM   #51
Coach
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by cKy View Post
I thought these were one off stories being told. Are these all connected forming a bigger conclusion at the end of the season?
I'm positive they will all collide as Multiverse of Madness, Spider-Man, Loki and this all point to it.
Old 08-27-2021, 06:58 PM   #52
FireGilbert
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
I didn’t quite word that correctly. I was more wondering why did hope die in this universe versus live in the MCU.

In Captain America and star lord you saw the specific incident. This one was obviously more limited because of the who done it nature of the story. One of my favourite part of any alternate reality is the specific small butterfly affect that changes everything.
The nexus event was Hope joining Shield instead of working for her father. The Watcher rightly didn’t tell us this as it would have spoiled the mystery.
Old 08-27-2021, 10:53 PM   #53
#-3
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Any thoughts on going to a Mega thread?
Spoilers on all things officially released contained within the MCU proper?

Was going to mention D+ dropped 'All Hail the King' the one shot about Trevor in jail, after the Ironman movie he was in. I assume the timing one week prior to Shang Chi and the cross over references about the 10 rings, they are trying to tell us that this one is important context walking into the new Movie.

Didn't want to start a whole thread to say this, just wanted to say, go watch All Hail the Kind.
#-3 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to #-3 For This Useful Post:
Old 08-28-2021, 08:02 AM   #54
Timbo
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by #-3 View Post

Was going to mention D+ dropped 'All Hail the King' the one shot about Trevor in jail, after the Ironman movie he was in. I assume the timing one week prior to Shang Chi and the cross over references about the 10 rings, they are trying to tell us that this one is important context walking into the new Movie.

Didn't want to start a whole thread to say this, just wanted to say, go watch All Hail the Kind.
All Hail the King was hilarious, great entertainment if you are familiar with Marvel’s Iron Man.
Thanks for the heads up!
Timbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2021, 11:42 AM   #55
Sr. Mints
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by #-3 View Post

Mega threads are just the worst. So much going on that if you don't keep on top of it hourly/daily/ weekly it can become a chore to stay in the conversation

Thatbisnt to say an MCU thread is a bad idea, i'd just hope it's not the only place to discuss the MCU shows individually
Sr. Mints is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2021, 05:43 AM   #56
FireGilbert
Franchise Player

Exp:

Episode 4 is the darkest most depressing thing produced to date in the MCU. I'm enjoying how much this format provides story lines that would never be allowed in one of the movies.
GGG
Old 09-01-2021, 12:47 PM   #57
FlameOn
Franchise Player

Exp:

Geez the universe really hates Miss Palmer.
FlameOn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2021, 08:43 PM   #58
GGG
Franchise Player

Exp:

Great episode, it’s interesting they are leaning hard into the lovecraftian elements of Strange.

I don’t know about the unchangeable moment in time though as we know other Univereses exist where Palmer lived so if Strange went back to the nexus events of those universes and stopped them from occurring then Palmer lives or you can never change the past in which case all moments are unchangeable.

I can’t think through how some momements are Changeable within one universe, some moments create divergent multiverses and some moments cannot be changed within one universe but don’t have to happen in all universes.

I really like what they are doing overall with strange and the pursuit of knowledge leading to madness.
Old 09-01-2021, 11:15 PM   #59
Hemi-Cuda
wins 10 internets

Exp:

Quote:
Great episode, it’s interesting they are leaning hard into the lovecraftian elements of Strange.

I don’t know about the unchangeable moment in time though as we know other Univereses exist where Palmer lived so if Strange went back to the nexus events of those universes and stopped them from occurring then Palmer lives or you can never change the past in which case all moments are unchangeable.

I can’t think through how some momements are Changeable within one universe, some moments create divergent multiverses and some moments cannot be changed within one universe but don’t have to happen in all universes.

I really like what they are doing overall with strange and the pursuit of knowledge leading to madness.
I'm thinking each universe has it's own prime timeline. In this one it was Christine's death that caused Dr. Strange to become sorcerer supreme, so she had to die. In the MCU it was Strange losing his hands that caused it, so in that universe no matter what happens his hands always get mangled. I'm also guessing that this is post-Kang's death by Loki, so there's no TVA around to stop Strange from going off the deep end and destroying his world
Hemi-Cuda is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Hemi-Cuda For This Useful Post:
GGG
Old 09-02-2021, 09:55 AM   #60
Coach
Franchise Player

Exp:

Man real dark. I think Marvel knows only real deep fans are going to get into this stuff, so what the hell, go nuts.