Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-06-2016, 06:12 PM   #1
Ace
First Line Centre

Exp:
Default LONDON DRUGS, totally has customer's back...

This is inspired by the Truman Homes thread.

I bought a TV from London Drugs in May because they were clearing out some models and got a smoking deal. We wanted to add a TV, but since we didn't 'need' this and life has been mega busy this sat unopened in my basement until I finally got around to buying a good mount.

Fast Forward to last weekend and I finally install a mount and hook up this TV, we powered it on and the screen behind the glass is cracked!

I contacted Samsung right away and they said: well if you had told us within 48 hours of purchase we would have replaced this for you. They suggested I go back to London Drugs. At this point I'm basically expecting to be on my own and have the store state their return policy and bla bla bla. Even Costco I'm assuming would have refused any help, and on top of that even though I purchased this on a card with damage protection, that had expired.

So I contact London Drugs online, they get back to me and say the store manager will call, he calls me and we set a time to bring the TV in. They exchanged this without any hassle at all, let me decide on what model to go with (didn't carry this one anymore), and were apologetic along the way. Just the complete opposite experience than I was expecting, and the kind of Customer Service we use to expect in the 'olden days'

Great Job London Drugs, just a perfect pleasant experience! On top of that all, since the exchange price was different, the manager searched all the competitors to make sure it wasn't cheaper elsewhere.

Last edited by Ace; 12-07-2016 at 01:51 PM.
Ace is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 90 Users Say Thank You to Ace For This Useful Post:
14, aaronck, ae118, afc wimbledon, bc-chris, BigNumbers, Bobblehead, Bohica, brocoli, Burninator, BurningYears, Calgary Highlander, calgarybornnraised, calgarywinning, cam_wmh, Charcot, chummer, Coach, cral12, CrazyCaper, CroFlames, devo22, Dion, dissentowner, DoubleF, Envitro, FacePaint, Finger Cookin, FLAME ENVY, Flames89, flamesgirl18, Francis's Hairpiece, Frequitude, GreenHardHat, greyshep, habernac, Hack&Lube, handgroen, holden, Huntingwhale, I-Hate-Hulse, iggy_oi, Ironhorse, Itse, J pold, Jacks, jammies, jayswin, jeffporfirio, JMN, ken0042, Kipper is King, Knut, M*A*S*H 4077, Mango, Mazrim, me_dennis, Minnie, Morning Wood, Mustache, Nage Waza, OBCT, Pierre "Monster" McGuire, Poster, Puppet Guy, ratech, redflamesfan08, Roast Beef, robbie111, Scornfire, SeeBass, simmer2, Slacker, Slava, Stealth22, Street Pharmacist, surferguy, Suzles, Table 5, TheScorpion, Thor, Titan, tknez16, transplant99, tvp2003, White Out 403, wookster, worth, wwkayaker, Zarley
Old 12-06-2016, 06:15 PM   #2
White Out 403
Franchise Player

Exp:

wow. good experience. i know if i was that manager tho and you came back after so many months with a cracked tv i prob would have told you to pound sand.

must have been a huge relief when they took care of you tho
White Out 403 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2016, 06:16 PM   #3
simmer2
Franchise Player

Exp:

Always great to see high levels of customer service.
simmer2 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2016, 06:32 PM   #4
MRCboicgy
Referee

Exp:

And they didn't even ask if you stood on it.
Old 12-06-2016, 06:35 PM   #5
Fuzz
Franchise Player

Exp:

I've always had really good customer service with them and electronics. You don't think about shopping there often, but they are really good when their is an issue. When I was much younger I got an electronic keyboard from there for Christmas. I had wanted this thing for what seemed like ages(it was probably only a few weeks) so was super exited. Well, I left it sitting on the power adapter plugged in, and it got hot and melted the keyboard. I was devastated. London drugs swapped it without an issue. I didn't even have to cry in the store!
Fuzz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2016, 06:40 PM   #6
Jacks
Franchise Player

Exp:

Businesses thrive on their online reputation these days. I would encourage you to do a few reviews for them, Google, Yelp, BBB, etc. I know as a business owner that is the best thank you people can give.
Jacks is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Jacks For This Useful Post:
Old 12-06-2016, 06:46 PM   #7
Joborule
Franchise Player

Exp:

I would say thanks to this thread that I will consider them for electronics more.
Joborule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2016, 06:49 PM   #8
Dion
Not a casual user

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Resurrection View Post
wow. good experience. i know if i was that manager tho and you came back after so many months with a cracked tv i prob would have told you to pound sand.

must have been a huge relief when they took care of you tho
Old 12-06-2016, 07:04 PM   #9
ricosuave
Threadkiller

Exp:

which location was this? that store and manager really deserves the kudos.
Old 12-06-2016, 07:13 PM   #10
Hack&Lube
Atomic Nerd

Exp:

Yes, please let us know which location it was. There aren't many in the city that have the home theatre department but it's still good to know. I often wonder how London Drugs stays in business but it's good to see it still around after all these years and it even outlasted Zellers/Target.
Hack&Lube is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2016, 07:37 PM   #11
MRCboicgy
Referee

Exp:

I'm a big London Drugs fan, I've bought several computers there going back to a cheap compaq desktop I got in 2000. A few printers and other electronics over the years, never had an issue.

Summer time I can get the small canisters of propane for the portable bbq, awesome candy when I need a sugar hit, and any other random junk. Always clutch for Christmas gifts. Love the one up in Royal Oak.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to MRCboicgy For This Useful Post:
Old 12-06-2016, 07:55 PM   #12
Ace
First Line Centre

Exp:
Default LONDON DRUGS, totally has customer's back

London Town Center...would be awesome if they got flooded and sold all their TV stock... they deserve it. (They aren't even a full fledged electronics store)

Really right from the first interaction with "head office" on this, top notch all the way. I suspect the chain just really emphasizes good service.
Old 12-06-2016, 09:26 PM   #13
FLAME ENVY
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hack&Lube View Post
Yes, please let us know which location it was. There aren't many in the city that have the home theatre department but it's still good to know. I often wonder how London Drugs stays in business but it's good to see it still around after all these years and it even outlasted Zellers/Target.
London Drugs has been in business since 1945 and have out lasted many other retailers because they get customer service and take care of their customers as Ace experienced.
FLAME ENVY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2016, 10:18 PM   #14
calgarywinning
First Line Centre

Exp:

London Drugs is a stellar company. I've never had a bad experience in any of my dealings. Great people, product and store.
calgarywinning is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to calgarywinning For This Useful Post:
Old 12-06-2016, 10:25 PM   #15
Mango
Marshmallow Maiden

Exp:

I proudly worked there in the camera department as I was going to university and they truly are an exceptional company. They treat their employees very well, who in turn treat their customers with respect and provide great service.

Ace, if you have a minute, fill out a feedback card:

https://www.londondrugs.com/feedback/

It'll go directly to the store manager and the department that helped you. The employee will get recognition in store, perhaps even at the district or national level and they get an incentive...it used be a $25 gift card, from what I recall.
Mango is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2016, 10:38 PM   #16
Frequitude
Franchise Player

Exp:

Funny. I had my own great London Drugs experience today. Got a photo developed via their online system and went in to pick it up after work but they accidentally had someone else's pics in my envelope. I was in a rush because it was for a gift I had to give immediately afterwards and it was like the biggest issue that possibly could have occurred for them. The manager came right over and got a reprint done in about 4 minutes. All for a freakin $1 transaction. In return they got about $100 of cosmetics sales for the wife while we waited.
Frequitude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2016, 03:40 AM   #17
pylon
NOT Chris Butler

Exp:

I've always touted London Drugs service for electronics. Not only can some of their AV departments get you some crazy high end stuff, their product knowledge is incredibly good. They always seem to have true tech nerds on staff that know the product, and are passionate about it. And they will ALWAYS price match a competitor.

I have been a loyal customer to the Heritage location now for 20 years, and hope they stick around for 20 more.
pylon is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to pylon For This Useful Post:
Old 12-07-2016, 06:15 AM   #18
OldDutch
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Thanks for the story. I have never bought anything significant from them. Figured with their store layout and style the service would be awful. Great to know!
OldDutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2016, 07:30 AM   #19
wireframe
Scoring Winger

Exp:

This story is a wake up call for people like me. In a quest for better deals, I've been steering away from brick and mortar retailers. I've been buying at auctions and online and wherever. I don't think I'm alone.

It's nice to be reminded that sometimes price isn't the only thing to think about.
wireframe is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to wireframe For This Useful Post:
Old 12-07-2016, 08:47 AM   #20
TheScorpion
First round-bust

Exp:

I'll sure be heading to London Drugs more often after hearing about this great experience.

TheScorpion is offline   Reply With Quote