Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community
Old 10-21-2021, 10:58 AM   #3881
PepsiFree
Participant
Participant

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Locke View Post
I dont take a whole lot Ruby Rose has to say without a giant grain of salt. From accounts told she is borderline crazy and a nightmare to work with.
Before the response from WB and Scott, I already found Rose's claims a little hard to believe. Oddly, because of one particular accusation, where they claimed one of the producers (or whoever, I forget who they accused of it) demanded people steam his pants while wearing them.

I don't know if anyone has steamed clothes before, but attempting to steam them while they're on your body is a mistake you only make once.
PepsiFree is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to PepsiFree For This Useful Post:
Old 10-21-2021, 11:07 AM   #3882
Cecil Terwilliger
That Crazy Guy at the Bus Stop

Exp:

Are you sure he didn't ask for steamed ham and they just misheard?
Cecil Terwilliger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2021, 12:10 PM   #3883
Sr. Mints
First Line Centre

Exp:

Ham is always a mistake
Sr. Mints is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2021, 12:13 PM   #3884
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by PepsiFree View Post
Before the response from WB and Scott, I already found Rose's claims a little hard to believe. Oddly, because of one particular accusation, where they claimed one of the producers (or whoever, I forget who they accused of it) demanded people steam his pants while wearing them.

I don't know if anyone has steamed clothes before, but attempting to steam them while they're on your body is a mistake you only make once.
You make that mistake once if you're drunk or an idiot or both. A rational human would make that mistake zero times.

"The clothes shall protect me from the steam and heat!!"

- Uhhh....I dont think you properly understand how 'clothes' work.

This Post Has Been Distilled for the Eradication of Seemingly Incurable Sadness.

If you are flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a Fire Exit. - Mitch Hedberg
Locke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2021, 12:20 PM   #3885
CorsiHockeyLeague
Franchise Player

Exp:

The funny thing about those stories is the number of people who will respond to them or tweets about them saying "well, I actually WORK on the set of Batwoman and I believe everything she said!" "No, I ACTUALLY work there and she was absolutely horrible to the crew!"

Guys... we know you're lying. None of you work on the show. No one who works on the show is posting random comments on internet stories. Get a grip.
"The great promise of the Internet was that more information would automatically yield better decisions. The great disappointment is that more information actually yields more possibilities to confirm what you already believed anyway." - Brian Eno
CorsiHockeyLeague is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2021, 12:22 PM   #3886
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CorsiHockeyLeague View Post
The funny thing about those stories is the number of people who will respond to them or tweets about them saying "well, I actually WORK on the set of Batwoman and I believe everything she said!" "No, I ACTUALLY work there and she was absolutely horrible to the crew!"

Guys... we know you're lying. None of you work on the show. No one who works on the show is posting random comments on internet stories. Get a grip.
Hmmm.....if only we knew someone who actually worked on the show....

If only...

This Post Has Been Distilled for the Eradication of Seemingly Incurable Sadness.

If you are flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a Fire Exit. - Mitch Hedberg
The Following User Says Thank You to Locke For This Useful Post:
V
Old 10-21-2021, 01:22 PM   #3887
Fuzz
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CorsiHockeyLeague View Post

You think so? The Key Grip is probably the one who would have the real story.
Fuzz is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Fuzz For This Useful Post:
Old 10-21-2021, 01:36 PM   #3888
PepsiFree
Participant
Participant

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Locke View Post
You make that mistake once if you're drunk or an idiot or both. A rational human would make that mistake zero times.

"The clothes shall protect me from the steam and heat!!"

- Uhhh....I dont think you properly understand how 'clothes' work.
Listen, a young fashion-forward man who is heading out for the night and has some wrinkles in his shirt isn't always fully processing the heat required to create "steam," ok?
PepsiFree is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2021, 01:40 PM   #3889
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by PepsiFree View Post
Listen, a young fashion-forward man who is heading out for the night and has some wrinkles in his shirt isn't always fully processing the heat required to create "steam," ok?
I will take your word for it.

Old 10-22-2021, 01:29 AM   #3890
Sr. Mints
First Line Centre

Exp:

Dune was incredible. The costumes, set design, cinematography, and performances all came together to make this totally alien sci-fi world come to life, and It's one of those movies that just grips you from beginning to end

I'm thinking a lot of book readers are going to be cranky at how much character backstory was cut to save time. I'm too tired to get into it now, but I think a lot of material relevant to certain characters was left on the table. The movie didn't feel at all compromised, however. Different mediums and all that.
Old 10-22-2021, 12:54 PM   #3891
Coach
Franchise Player

Exp:

Finally got around to watching Black Widow. I really enjoyed it. Had a Bourne/Mission Impossible sort of feel with a little Marvel flair thrown in.

I like the character of Yelena. Her glib humour was a nice change from the usual Marvel tone.
Old 10-22-2021, 04:30 PM   #3892
Hack&Lube
Atomic Nerd

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sr. Mints View Post
Dune was incredible. The costumes, set design, cinematography, and performances all came together to make this totally alien sci-fi world come to life, and It's one of those movies that just grips you from beginning to end

I'm thinking a lot of book readers are going to be cranky at how much character backstory was cut to save time. I'm too tired to get into it now, but I think a lot of material relevant to certain characters was left on the table. The movie didn't feel at all compromised, however. Different mediums and all that.
Wow. 2 hours and 45 minutes to tell only half of the first book and there are already a lot of backstories cut out!
Hack&Lube is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2021, 06:27 PM   #3893
Sr. Mints
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hack&Lube View Post
Wow. 2 hours and 45 minutes to tell only half of the first book and there are already a lot of backstories cut out!
Like I say, different mediums and it was going to be a challenge. One that stood out to me, and I'll spoiler this:

Spoiler!
Old 10-22-2021, 07:49 PM   #3894
photon
The new goggles also do nothing.

Exp:

My only big complaint is how they portrayed Jessica. She's supposed to be the one that trained Paul but she comes across as a failing acolyte who can't control her emotions.

I could think of a dozen different things that I may have done different or included in the dialog/plot that would have communicated what's going on, but that's probably a fool's errand. I guess the intent was to have some things happen to reward the book knowledge but done in a way that it's just texture for someone coming in new.

For people who haven't read the books how did the movie feel to you? Was it just a big spectacle but kind of confusing not really understanding where things were going or what's going on? Or did you feel that the movie had a solid understandable plot?

For example:
Spoiler!
The Following User Says Thank You to photon For This Useful Post:
Old 10-23-2021, 11:37 PM   #3895
d_phaneuf
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sr. Mints View Post
Like I say, different mediums and it was going to be a challenge. One that stood out to me, and I'll spoiler this:

Spoiler!
Spoiler tags

Spoiler!

I loved the movie

Villeneuves visuals are incredible
d_phaneuf is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to d_phaneuf For This Useful Post:
Old 10-24-2021, 01:50 AM   #3896
Cecil Terwilliger
That Crazy Guy at the Bus Stop

Exp:

Moved to dune thread.

Last edited by Cecil Terwilliger; 10-24-2021 at 02:01 AM.
Cecil Terwilliger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2021, 02:58 PM   #3897
Nadal Fan
Franchise Player

Exp:

I really enjoyed Dune, and I haven't read the books or seen the previous movie so I was completely blind going in. So glad they decided to go ahead with the sequel, everything about this film was too notch.
Nadal Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2021, 07:41 PM   #3898
troutman
Unfrozen Caveman Lawyer

Exp:

troutman is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2021, 12:36 PM   #3899
Strange Brew
Franchise Player

Exp:

That Morbius scene with Michael Keaton looks like a post credits thing. Can't believe that would be in the trailer though.
Strange Brew is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2021, 12:51 PM   #3900
OutOfTheCube
Franchise Player

Exp:

My wife likes the Venom movies so we'll probably go to this one as well.
OutOfTheCube is offline   Reply With Quote