Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > Fire on Ice: The Calgary Flames Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 01-21-2019, 03:42 PM   #7621
dissentowner
Franchise Player

Exp:

I still think the only add I want to see is Kronwall. Should not cost an arm and a leg and will bring a measure of nastiness to the bottom pairing and moves the puck up the ice well enough he can move up the lineup if injuries happen. Former SC winner and Gold medalist who has a wealth of experience. Not the fastest guy but he is not a terrible skater either. Has the ability to change a game with a huge hit too. The kind of soldier you want in the playoffs.
Old 01-21-2019, 03:43 PM   #7622
ah123
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by savardandjokinen View Post
Wonder if the Oilers would consider Smith + 3rd for Talbot. I don't think this move would change team chemistry and there's hardly any risk in this. Plus, Gully could put in a good word for Smith

You mean Talbot + 3rd for Smith...Talbot is worse than Smith and carries a higher cap hit for this year...no way should the Flames be adding
Old 01-21-2019, 03:44 PM   #7623
Nelson
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by savardandjokinen View Post
Wonder if the Oilers would consider Smith + 3rd for Talbot. I don't think this move would change team chemistry and there's hardly any risk in this. Plus, Gully could put in a good word for Smith
I'm not giving them any valuable assets for Talbot. Smith has actually played pretty well over the last 10 games or so. I think I'd just keep Smith, unless they are willing to give us assets to exchange Smith for Talbot.
Old 01-21-2019, 03:45 PM   #7624
sureLoss
Some kinda newsbreaker!

Exp:

Friedman on the Oilers the moves to free up cap space today, says he heard they are interested in Burkaovsky but someone threw cold water on that. He says we will see if it happens.
Old 01-21-2019, 03:46 PM   #7625
Roof-Daddy
Franchise Player

Exp:

I cringe a lot when I come in here.

Silly season scares me.

If Tre trades for anyone older than 28 years old, hopefully there is nothing more going the other way than a mid round pick and/or a B/C prospect.

If he trades anything more than that I sure hope the player he acquires is under 28 and has some term left.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Roof-Daddy For This Useful Post:
Old 01-21-2019, 03:47 PM   #7626
MrMike
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roof-Daddy View Post

Silly season scares me.

If Tre trades for anyone older than 28 years old, hopefully there is nothing more going the other way than a mid round pick and/or a B/C prospect.

If he trades anything more than that I sure hope the player he acquires is under 28 and has some term left.
I think you are calling it exactly right.
Old 01-21-2019, 03:52 PM   #7627
Shazam
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roof-Daddy View Post

Silly season scares me.

This is also my dating strategy.
Old 01-21-2019, 04:19 PM   #7628
OmegaV4
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

May be alone in this one, but for some reason I really would like Wayne Simmonds on this team...

FWIW I had a dream where he was in a Flames road Jersey...Although my dreams have often been vague and confusing.
Old 01-21-2019, 04:20 PM   #7629
sureLoss
Some kinda newsbreaker!

Exp:

Darren Dreger @DarrenDreger
My understanding is the Oilers spoke to Talbot about the Koskinen extension a couple of days ago. Didn’t want him blindsided. I suspect Talbot will be willing to accept a trade anywhere at this stage.
Old 01-21-2019, 04:22 PM   #7630
GioforPM
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by sureLoss View Post
My understanding is the Oilers spoke to Talbot about the Koskinen extension a couple of days ago. Didn’t want him blindsided. I suspect Talbot will be willing to accept a trade anywhere at this stage.
I suspect he was willing without a Koskinen extension.
The Following 19 Users Say Thank You to GioforPM For This Useful Post:
Old 01-21-2019, 04:26 PM   #7631
Parallex
I believe in the Jays.

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by dissentowner View Post
I still think the only add I want to see is Kronwall. Should not cost an arm and a leg...
What would be the realistic ask for Kronwall? As in what have guys like Kronwall gone for in the past.
Old 01-21-2019, 04:32 PM   #7632
PepsiFree
Participant
Participant

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imported_Aussie View Post
He is signed 2 more years beyond this one, may make sense if he was expiring, but not with money carrying over when the team needs to sign RFAs
Ah yes, didn’t even look at his contract, expensive too.

A guy like that, though, would be ideal for a 4th line replacement of the revolving door. That’s a spot that the Flames need to address by the deadline imo.
Old 01-21-2019, 06:46 PM   #7633
jayswin
Celebrated Square Root Day

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by 442scotty View Post
I doubt the Flames make any trades unless it’s a huge win for Treliving
Actually, the chance that Brad makes no trades before the deadline is hovering in the 1-10% range. Unless you're talking a blockbuster, he almost assuredly will make a trade or two to prepare for the playoffs.
The Following User Says Thank You to jayswin For This Useful Post:
Old 01-21-2019, 06:54 PM   #7634
Mr.Coffee
damn onions

Exp:

we need to value our draft picks like they are pure gold. I would be pretty disappointed if they traded any picks.
Old 01-21-2019, 06:58 PM   #7635
jayswin
Celebrated Square Root Day

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Coffee View Post
we need to value our draft picks like they are pure gold. I would be pretty disappointed if they traded any picks.
Disagree. We're in a very special spot right now. I fall somewhere between FlashWalken and the "we can't lose anymore picks" crowd.

Don't go all in, but push in a couple chips if you feel you can increase your Stanley Cup chances.
Old 01-21-2019, 07:00 PM   #7636
dissentowner
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parallex View Post
What would be the realistic ask for Kronwall? As in what have guys like Kronwall gone for in the past.
Really not sure on this. He is not fetching a first, he might fetch a 2nd at the highest end I think. I wonder if we can't pry him out of there for a guy we are not using who is young like a Lazar or a Czarnik.
Old 01-21-2019, 07:06 PM   #7637
browna
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by sureLoss View Post
Yes wonder where Dreger had been in all this, usually has his nose up the bum of anything Oilers after Lowe texts him.

That aside, how great is it, knowing that info that Talbot probably knew this was coming Saturday, and basically lays a steaming hunk of crap on the ice in the first period Sunday, to get pulled and let Costinthem in net back to back nights. Deal with that, 31 game goalie.

Talbot gone by the end of the week.
Old 01-21-2019, 07:26 PM   #7638
bigrangy
Franchise Player

Exp:

The Flames need some OGWACs.

Ovie got his last year, and Hainsey and Roszival got theirs too

Too bad Iggy is retired, he'd be perfect.

Henrik Lundqvist would be perfect but the Rangers won't trade him and he's too expensive anyways.

Gio is a good one but he's already on the team.

Jason Pominville, Deryk Engelland, Ilya Kovalchuk (if the kings retained a lot), Spezza would all be good picks.

Andy Greene would be great as well if Jersey would retain.

Last edited by bigrangy; 01-21-2019 at 08:05 PM.
Old 01-21-2019, 07:28 PM   #7639
btimbit
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by OmegaV4 View Post
May be alone in this one, but for some reason I really would like Wayne Simmonds on this team...

FWIW I had a dream where he was in a Flames road Jersey...Although my dreams have often been vague and confusing.
I think his next contract ends up being a bad one for the team, but as a rental I'd love him
Old 01-21-2019, 07:33 PM   #7640
djsFlames
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by dissentowner View Post
I still think the only add I want to see is Kronwall. Should not cost an arm and a leg and will bring a measure of nastiness to the bottom pairing and moves the puck up the ice well enough he can move up the lineup if injuries happen. Former SC winner and Gold medalist who has a wealth of experience. Not the fastest guy but he is not a terrible skater either. Has the ability to change a game with a huge hit too. The kind of soldier you want in the playoffs.
So, Stone to the Senators for asset (helps negotiations), then asset added to package to Detroit for Kronwall?
The Following User Says Thank You to djsFlames For This Useful Post:
Closed Thread