Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > Fire on Ice: The Calgary Flames Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Closed Thread

Old 02-22-2018, 02:15 PM   #61
Monahammer
Franchise Player

Exp:

Being anti-GMO is about as scientifically informed as being anti-vaccine or a flat earth booster.

I do wish Gaudreau was more serious about his nutrition and fitness. However, I think that being 'happy' mentally is probably just as important to his performance for us as his diet and this seems to have worked for him for quite a while so why not leave well enough alone.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Monahammer For This Useful Post:
Old 02-22-2018, 02:17 PM   #62
Badgers Nose
Franchise Player

Exp:

The obvious answer is to EAT MORE Skittles.

And to put everyone on Skittle diets.
Old 02-22-2018, 02:20 PM   #63
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

As much as this is a thing, I'm pretty sure that the Flames monitor all of their players in terms of their health/weight gain and loss, body fat content and conditioning through the season.

The kid is under 25, that basically means that you replace the term metabolism with blast furnace and go from there.

If there was a reason for concern, I'm pretty sure the Flames would take away his backpack full of candy and replace it with a back pack full of beans.

Look on my Works, ye Mighty, and despair!
The Following User Says Thank You to CaptainCrunch For This Useful Post:
Old 02-22-2018, 03:03 PM   #64
IgiTang
Self-Retired

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monahammer View Post
Being anti-GMO is about as scientifically informed as being anti-vaccine or a flat earth booster.

I do wish Gaudreau was more serious about his nutrition and fitness. However, I think that being 'happy' mentally is probably just as important to his performance for us as his diet and this seems to have worked for him for quite a while so why not leave well enough alone.
Oh yeah? Tell me, what was the research you've conducted on GMO's and the regulatory body and their directives?

You must be smarter than most European Countries that have banned many of the unregulated GMO practices since their inception from the late 70's and must be pro USDA Regulations that support the main corporation of GMO development that also holds the most lobbying power when it comes to the regulations set forth by the USDA, that was developed in the 70's... I mean, the research (or lack thereof) in the 70's must still hold true today because there couldnt possibly be better ways of monitoring or testing negative impacts from GMO's right? Do you even know the corporation in which i'm speaking to?

Tell me more about what you know about the topic and how I think the earth is flat.. I must have sailed off the edge the last 3 times I circumvented it..
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to IgiTang For This Useful Post:
Old 02-22-2018, 03:18 PM   #65
Oling_Roachinen
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by IgiTang View Post
You must be smarter than most European Countries that have banned many of the unregulated GMO practices since their inception from the late 70's
Yeah, I'm pretty sure most countries frown on unregulated vaccinations as well.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Oling_Roachinen For This Useful Post:
Old 02-22-2018, 03:19 PM   #66
northcrunk
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Skittles give you magic hockey powers confirmed.
The Following User Says Thank You to northcrunk For This Useful Post:
Old 02-22-2018, 03:20 PM   #67
lambeburger
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to lambeburger For This Useful Post:
Old 02-22-2018, 03:29 PM   #68
Shazam
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Oh yeah? Tell me, what was the research you've conducted on GMO's and the regulatory body and their directives?

You must be smarter than most European Countries that have banned many of the unregulated GMO practices since their inception from the late 70's and must be pro USDA Regulations that support the main corporation of GMO development that also holds the most lobbying power when it comes to the regulations set forth by the USDA, that was developed in the 70's... I mean, the research (or lack thereof) in the 70's must still hold true today because there couldnt possibly be better ways of monitoring or testing negative impacts from GMO's right? Do you even know the corporation in which i'm speaking to?

Tell me more about what you know about the topic and how I think the earth is flat.. I must have sailed off the edge the last 3 times I circumvented it..
Well that's using some mighty fine logic.

There's been lots of studies done recently. I'll let you find them, you're a big boy and you might be able to use Google.

Considering how litigious the USA is, if GMOs were in fact as horrifying as you claim, the class action suits would be aplenty down in Canada's toilet.
Old 02-22-2018, 03:33 PM   #69
FiveSeven
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:

Amen. One of the most 'evil' corporations on earth. We're their scientific experiments. Heck my friend fed half of his pigs organic non-gmo corn and the other half standard gmo corn. When they were butchered their stomachs were completely different. The GMO corn fed pigs had signs of massive stomach inflammation and the non-gmo pigs looked normal. GMO's have never been thoroughly and properly tested and are regarded as blindly safe. The question of whether or not humans should eat food from genetically modified organisms is clearly not amenable to a simple “yes” or “no”. Indeed, a wise answer comprehends a diverse array of scientific expertise, not only in files of molecular biology, but also in agricultural economics, animal and microbial ecology, food technology, and immunology – a breadth of expertise unlikely to be found in one person or any of the basic tests that have been performed.
Old 02-22-2018, 06:24 PM   #70
IgiTang
Self-Retired

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oling_Roachinen View Post
Yeah, I'm pretty sure most countries frown on unregulated vaccinations as well.
Absolutely. But I think you were trying to be funny more than actually contributing to any discussion.

But many countries consider the USDA regulations as useless and consider much of the practices that the USDA approves of as “unregulated”. Much of the stance on GMO was developed in the 70’s by a lobbyist of the government who went on the be the CEO of the very company that was developing the majority of GMO patents known worldwide.

So using Vaccines is silly because most vaccines and their usage policy are generally recognized and respected worldwide, unlike GMO policy and regulation or again, the lack there of.
Old 02-22-2018, 06:28 PM   #71
IgiTang
Self-Retired

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by FiveSeven View Post
Amen. One of the most 'evil' corporations on earth. We're their scientific experiments. Heck my friend fed half of his pigs organic non-gmo corn and the other half standard gmo corn. When they were butchered their stomachs were completely different. The GMO corn fed pigs had signs of massive stomach inflammation and the non-gmo pigs looked normal. GMO's have never been thoroughly and properly tested and are regarded as blindly safe. The question of whether or not humans should eat food from genetically modified organisms is clearly not amenable to a simple “yes” or “no”. Indeed, a wise answer comprehends a diverse array of scientific expertise, not only in files of molecular biology, but also in agricultural economics, animal and microbial ecology, food technology, and immunology – a breadth of expertise unlikely to be found in one person or any of the basic tests that have been performed.
I watched tests where rats wouldn’t even eat GMO corn. But these same animals ate my car wiring because they were a corn based oil in the making of the rubber/plastic.

That says that there is less harmful $hit in car wiring under your hood than in GMO corn!!! Rats eat ANYTHING!! But GMO Corn, that’s messed up. But there’s no science right?
Old 02-22-2018, 08:45 PM   #72
Roughneck
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
I watched tests where rats wouldn’t even eat GMO corn. But these same animals ate my car wiring because they were a corn based oil in the making of the rubber/plastic.

That says that there is less harmful $hit in car wiring under your hood than in GMO corn!!! Rats eat ANYTHING!! But GMO Corn, that’s messed up. But there’s no science right?
TIL that car wiring is made with organic, non-GMO corn based oil.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Roughneck For This Useful Post:
Old 02-22-2018, 08:51 PM   #73
scotty2hotty
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

http://www.iflscience.com/plants-and...years-of-data/
Old 02-22-2018, 09:05 PM   #74
Fozzie_DeBear
Wucka Wocka Wacka

Exp:

[Cut to Phil Kessel reading thread and becoming enraged]

"It was a debacle of monumental proportions." -MacT
Old 02-22-2018, 09:19 PM   #75
You Need a Thneed
Voted for Kodos

Exp:

Anyone remember the outrage some had when it came out that Michael Phelps ate essentially 10,000 calories worth of pancakes a day?

This is about as concerning as that was.
Old 02-22-2018, 09:26 PM   #76
Cecil Terwilliger
That Crazy Guy at the Bus Stop

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by You Need a Thneed View Post
Anyone remember the outrage some had when it came out that Michael Phelps ate essentially 10,000 calories worth of pancakes a day?

Hey, pancakes can be dangerous. Just ask Dustin Penner.
The Following User Says Thank You to Cecil Terwilliger For This Useful Post:
Old 02-22-2018, 09:45 PM   #77
jlh2640
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Classic_Sniper View Post
He’d surpass Gretzky’s records for sure if he ate some broccoli...

Maybe I should stop eating vegetables. Maybe I’d be an NHLer too who’s second in league scoring.
Considering Gretzkys diet was a coke and more coke when he was in his prime. I think it’s fine.
Old 02-22-2018, 09:47 PM   #78
shogged
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monahammer View Post
Ya who doesn’t love their fruits and veggies soaked in round up? Lol
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to shogged For This Useful Post:
Old 02-22-2018, 11:16 PM   #79
GioforPM
Franchise Player

Exp:

Old 02-22-2018, 11:58 PM   #80
Komskies
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by You Need a Thneed View Post

Usain Bolt too. During the Beijing Olympics he was eating 100 Chicken McNuggets per day.
Closed Thread