Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-17-2023, 09:59 AM   #1281
calgarygeologist
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by InglewoodFan View Post
Insomniac question for folks who know more about such things - I was awake at 1:15 and it occured to me that the plane flying over was kinda loud. So I popped open FlightRadar and it was a Delta 757 on a YEG-YYC route. Which confuses me a bit, I am assuming it is a cargo flight but do they get flight numbers too? Is it just a Christmas thing that Delta is doing cargo flights within Calgary?

I also thought maybe it was for the Lightning but it was a couple hours after the game and it was coming in from YEG.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan Coke View Post
Doubt cargo, but maybe the Panthers coming from YEG?
It is the Panthers. Check out the recent flight history from Fort Lauderdale to Columbus to Seattle to Vancouver to Edmonton and finally Calgary.

https://www.flightaware.com/live/flight/DAL8948
calgarygeologist is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to calgarygeologist For This Useful Post:
Old 12-17-2023, 11:31 AM   #1282
btimbit
Franchise Player

Exp:

Makes sense, looking up the tail number it's an all business class plane as well
btimbit is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to btimbit For This Useful Post:
Old 12-18-2023, 05:12 PM   #1283
Acey
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayswin View Post
That seems like an unnecessarily dickish post. Bigtime made the post and corrected it as fake and then you come in two days later to basically insinuate "of course it's fake, you idiot, everyone knows that".
Wasn't supposed to be dickish, I could have sworn I've seen it posted before and it was discussed to be fake, but that must have been elsewhere.

I suppose I'm just too bitter from being banned from Bigtime's big Facebook aviation group for no reason.
Acey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2023, 05:21 PM   #1284
timun
First Line Centre

Exp:

Fight! Fight! Fight! Fight! Fight! Fight! Fight!
timun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2023, 05:34 PM   #1285
Acey
Franchise Player

Exp:

There's no fight, I've discussed it already on this forum - my dad died, which I documented in the covid forum on this board for the month as he slowly died in the ICU, I made a post about it in the Facebook group of his favorite picture of mine that I had taken, then I was banned before I was able to see the comments of support when words of support on my photography was pretty much all I had left in my life at that time.

So yeah these people were cruel to me for no reason and this is beyond petty drama.
Old 12-18-2023, 06:10 PM   #1286
Bigtime
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Acey View Post
Wasn't supposed to be dickish, I could have sworn I've seen it posted before and it was discussed to be fake, but that must have been elsewhere.

I suppose I'm just too bitter from being banned from Bigtime's big Facebook aviation group for no reason.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Acey View Post
There's no fight, I've discussed it already on this forum - my dad died, which I documented in the covid forum on this board for the month as he slowly died in the ICU, I made a post about it in the Facebook group of his favorite picture of mine that I had taken, then I was banned before I was able to see the comments of support when words of support on my photography was pretty much all I had left in my life at that time.

So yeah these people were cruel to me for no reason and this is beyond petty drama.
I'm not going to go down to that level and post messenger chat logs from back then between you and me, but you know very well that it's not my group, and that I wasn't the mod that removed that post and banned you (not even sure why you were banned back then). Looks like a lot of it occurred while I was away from the internet at the time, and I reached out to other mods/founder to help you out after you messaged me.

But go with whatever revisionist history suits you.

Edit: And for everyone watching this drama llama unfold, Acey was back in the group as of May 6, 2021.

Last edited by Bigtime; 12-18-2023 at 06:25 PM.
Bigtime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2023, 06:44 PM   #1287
nik-
Franchise Player

Exp:

You aviation nerds are a passionate bunch
nik- is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to nik- For This Useful Post:
Old 12-18-2023, 06:46 PM   #1288
Bigtime
Franchise Player

Exp:

I hear the train nerds are even worse...
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Bigtime For This Useful Post:
Old 12-18-2023, 06:47 PM   #1289
Acey
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by nik- View Post
You aviation nerds are a passionate bunch
The original situation really had nothing to do with aviation and was centered around the death of my father, if I failed to make that clear. Forget it all, my bad for the initial remark and like I said I could have sworn it had been debunked long ago.

Last edited by Acey; 12-18-2023 at 06:54 PM.
Old 12-18-2023, 08:28 PM   #1290
para transit fellow
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigtime View Post
OMG soooo much worse!!

beyond belief...

the horror... the horror...

cho-cho...
para transit fellow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2023, 08:32 AM   #1291
Maritime Q-Scout
Ben

Exp:

Quote:
You think?

AvGeeks:

Train Nerds:

"Calgary Flames is the best team in all the land" - My Brainwashed Son
Maritime Q-Scout is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Maritime Q-Scout For This Useful Post:
Old 12-19-2023, 09:18 AM   #1292
Roughneck
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:

Which train nerd will you get?:

I noticed you called it a BBM40-9 locomotive when it's actually a BBW40-9 locomotive. If you've got the time I can show you how these two fascinating machines differ, and how we progressed from the Dash-8s. I know what you're thinking, the Dash-9s are probably just an updated version of the Dash 8s, right? Well, to answer that we have to go all the way back to a guy by the name of James Watt...

or

Oh, you mixed up a BBM40-9 with a BBW40-9?! I bet you don't think it's a big deal because they're pretty much the same. Do you think a N700S Series Shinkansen is pretty much the same as Thomas the Tank Engine? How about you spend the next four hours listening me to explain in detail how much of a ####ing idiot you are you irredeemable piece of human trash! How can you even live with yourself?!
Roughneck is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to Roughneck For This Useful Post:
Old 12-19-2023, 09:19 AM   #1293
Bigtime
Franchise Player

Exp:

Wait, so the N700S Series Shinkansen isn't the same as Thomas and Friends?

And what is this Dash 8 nonsense? The Dash 8 is an airplane, don't steal our good stuff for your ground based modes of transportation.
Old 12-19-2023, 09:24 AM   #1294
Bigtime
Franchise Player

Exp:

Kneecap warning:

https://twitter.com/user/status/1737134484892320072
Old 12-19-2023, 09:26 AM   #1295
calgarygeologist
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
So the Swoop planes are getting an extra row? I didn't think that was possible as I thought they already added an extra three rows in those aircraft compared to the WestJet planes.
calgarygeologist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2023, 09:27 AM   #1296
Bigtime
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by calgarygeologist View Post
So the Swoop planes are getting an extra row? I didn't think that was possible as I thought they already added an extra three rows in those aircraft compared to the WestJet planes.
No, ALL the WestJet 737's are getting that extra Swoop row. Oh and Swoop somehow gets another extra row.

Ouch.

I love what WestJet has done for our international destinations, but stuff like this makes me wish AC was keeping up a larger presence here.
Old 12-19-2023, 09:28 AM   #1297
Fuzz
Franchise Player

Exp:

No, from what I've heard they will have their business class up front, regular in the middle, then tighter seating at the back. Basically a 3rd class that they can price closer to Swoop rates.
Fuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Fuzz For This Useful Post:
Old 12-19-2023, 09:29 AM   #1298
DownInFlames
Craig McTavish' Merkin

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roughneck View Post
Which train nerd will you get?:

I noticed you called it a BBM40-9 locomotive when it's actually a BBW40-9 locomotive. If you've got the time I can show you how these two fascinating machines differ, and how we progressed from the Dash-8s. I know what you're thinking, the Dash-9s are probably just an updated version of the Dash 8s, right? Well, to answer that we have to go all the way back to a guy by the name of James Watt...

or

Oh, you mixed up a BBM40-9 with a BBW40-9?! I bet you don't think it's a big deal because they're pretty much the same. Do you think a N700S Series Shinkansen is pretty much the same as Thomas the Tank Engine? How about you spend the next four hours listening me to explain in detail how much of a ####ing idiot you are you irredeemable piece of human trash! How can you even live with yourself?!
I’ve chatted with a bunch of the former on the Virtual Railfan cams. They usually keep the latter in check. They’re mostly retired dudes who tinker with old cars and stuff. Good people with an intense passion that I respect.

It’s usually younger guys trying to prove something who challenge others in the hobby. They suck.
DownInFlames is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to DownInFlames For This Useful Post:
Old 12-19-2023, 09:31 AM   #1299
DownInFlames
Craig McTavish' Merkin

Exp:

“Welcome aboard WestJet flight 2276. We are about to take off so please have your lapmate buckle your seatbelt. Thank you for flying WestJet.”
DownInFlames is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to DownInFlames For This Useful Post:
Old 12-19-2023, 09:31 AM   #1300
Roughneck
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
And what is this Dash 8 nonsense? The Dash 8 is an airplane, don't steal our good stuff for your ground based modes of transportation.

Funny enough, the sky Dash 8 and the ground Dash 8 came out in the same year. One is better in the air, the other on land, so any competition will come down to which one performs better in the water.
Roughneck is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Roughneck For This Useful Post: