Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-25-2010, 03:58 PM   #821
tvp2003
Franchise Player

Exp:

^ It's also a long weekend in the US (President's Day)... good if you're going outlet mall shopping in the US, but bad if you're looking for flight/hotel deals...
tvp2003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2010, 01:30 PM   #822
fundmark19
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Very valid point so that would mean its probably still to early to look to get the girls a trip down on april 9th night time till the 13th? Any hotel
fundmark19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2010, 02:08 PM   #823
Captain_Obvious
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Anyone flown to the US in the last week or so?

I leave for L.A. tomorrow morning at 10:55 AM and wondering how early I should go...
Captain_Obvious is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2010, 01:26 PM   #824
habernac
Franchise Player

Exp:

cmyden, Vegas, leaving Thursday April 1, returning Sunday April 4. I know it's unlikely to find anything decent on the weekend, wondering what you can come up with.
habernac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2010, 01:57 PM   #825
cmyden
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by habernac View Post
cmyden, Vegas, leaving Thursday April 1, returning Sunday April 4. I know it's unlikely to find anything decent on the weekend, wondering what you can come up with.
Yeah the WestJet packages all look pricey leaving on the 1st. If you can do Wed -> Sat it looks like you'd save a lot.

For instance, Mirage $995/person leaving April 1 vs $540 for Mar 31. That seems to be representative of almost all the packages.

Only other option is to look on Travelocity/Expedia for flight + hotel, sort by price. Hilton looks like the cheapest 4* at $581/person. NY NY cheapest on the strip for $658.

The cheapest flight is Air Canada for $515 so it doesn't look like you'd save any money trying to build your own.

Flight deals from other cities: Vancouver - Edmonton - Saskatoon - Regina - Winnipeg - Toronto - Montreal - Ottawa - Halifax
cmyden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2010, 02:00 PM   #826
Knut

Exp:

Cmyden ..

For a potential honeymoon I would like to go to Beijing, Manila and Bali (or Guam) .

I would be leaving on June 14th and returning 2 or 2.5 weeks later to Calgary.

Is $2500 reasonable for this ?
Knut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2010, 02:14 PM   #827
habernac
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmyden View Post
Yeah the WestJet packages all look pricey leaving on the 1st. If you can do Wed -> Sat it looks like you'd save a lot.

For instance, Mirage $995/person leaving April 1 vs $540 for Mar 31. That seems to be representative of almost all the packages.

Only other option is to look on Travelocity/Expedia for flight + hotel, sort by price. Hilton looks like the cheapest 4* at $581/person. NY NY cheapest on the strip for $658.

The cheapest flight is Air Canada for $515 so it doesn't look like you'd save any money trying to build your own.
yeah, don't need a hotel as my parents live there part time. wish we could flop the dates, midweek arrivals and departures are dirt cheap I think.
Old 01-27-2010, 02:26 PM   #828
cmyden
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hesla View Post
Cmyden ..

For a potential honeymoon I would like to go to Beijing, Manila and Bali (or Guam) .

I would be leaving on June 14th and returning 2 or 2.5 weeks later to Calgary.

Is $2500 reasonable for this ?
The cheapest I can seem to find is actually almost exactly $2500 USD after taxes.

That's with a multi city trip, into PEK and out of DPS (about $1700), combined with this:

PEK -> MNL $276 on Air China
MNL -> DPS $551 on Malaysia Airlines

If you do a multi-city trip, into PEK and out of Singapore (SIN) it can be done for $1222. Then you could grab one of the cheap flights from Bali to Singapore for $119 on KLM. Then your total cost would be $2168 USD.

So that would be YYC -> PEK -> MNL -> DPS -> SIN -> YYC for $2168.

Actually just looked and you can probably work that PEK -> MNL -> DPS as a multi-city on Philippine Air and get it down to $736. So that would be $736 + $1222 or $1958.

Flight deals from other cities: Vancouver - Edmonton - Saskatoon - Regina - Winnipeg - Toronto - Montreal - Ottawa - Halifax

Last edited by cmyden; 01-27-2010 at 02:35 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to cmyden For This Useful Post:
Old 01-27-2010, 02:29 PM   #829
cmyden
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
yeah, don't need a hotel as my parents live there part time. wish we could flop the dates, midweek arrivals and departures are dirt cheap I think.
Ah ok, keep an eye on the flights (maybe set up an alert) and on the cheapest WestJet package which is Whiskey Petes.

Sometimes WestJet sells their Whiskey Pete package for less than you can actually buy the flight. Nobody says you have to stay at Whiskey Petes.

Looks like good old Whiskey Pete is $398/person after taxes at the moment, so that would be your cheapest flight down there at the moment, and non-stop on WestJet. That's assuming there's two of you though. If it's just by yourself, it costs more.

Last edited by cmyden; 01-27-2010 at 02:39 PM.
Old 01-27-2010, 03:15 PM   #830
habernac
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmyden View Post
Ah ok, keep an eye on the flights (maybe set up an alert) and on the cheapest WestJet package which is Whiskey Petes.

Sometimes WestJet sells their Whiskey Pete package for less than you can actually buy the flight. Nobody says you have to stay at Whiskey Petes.

Looks like good old Whiskey Pete is $398/person after taxes at the moment, so that would be your cheapest flight down there at the moment, and non-stop on WestJet. That's assuming there's two of you though. If it's just by yourself, it costs more.
where'd you find that deal? Is that for a flight in on April 1 and leaving the 4th?
Old 01-27-2010, 03:28 PM   #831
cmyden
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
where'd you find that deal? Is that for a flight in on April 1 and leaving the 4th?
Argh, whoops, sorry that was for Mar 31 - Apr 3. Apr 1 - Mar 4 is $530.

Last edited by cmyden; 01-27-2010 at 03:32 PM.
Old 01-27-2010, 03:42 PM   #832
habernac
Franchise Player

Exp:

bummer, that would have been a good one.

thanks for the help!
Old 01-27-2010, 04:01 PM   #833
cmyden
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
bummer, that would have been a good one.

thanks for the help!
Np, I'll keep an eye on it, if there's any deals to be had for early April they'll probably start come out in February or early March. Vegas tends to go on sale about a month ahead.

Old 01-28-2010, 11:28 AM   #834
cmyden
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

If anyone has friends in Kelowna this is an amazing price.

Kelowna to Las Vegas - $184, round trip, taxes included!

March 11 - 15
March 18 - 22
March 25 - 29

Can see it at http://www.westjet.com

Old 01-29-2010, 05:13 PM   #835
HOOT
Franchise Player

Exp:

I am looking to to find a cheap flights/hotel package. My buddy is getting married down in Mexico (Barcelo Los Cabos). The only thing is I would be leaving from Vancouver so just wondering what sites I should check out or keep my eye on. We are going down April 26th for 7 days I believe.

Anyways I'm sure there are some links somewhere in this thread I just can't get up the motivation to read 42 pages. Thanks for the help!
HOOT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2010, 06:00 PM   #836
cmyden
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Could be worth the drive...

Edmonton to Mazatlan, Mexico - $241 after taxes

Departure dates: April 16, 18, 19, 23, 25, 26, 30
Coming home: April 19, May 1

Look for the $59 + tax flights on WestJet.com

Old 01-29-2010, 06:21 PM   #837
HOOT
Franchise Player

Exp:

Edmonton would be a long drive for me...
Old 01-29-2010, 06:31 PM   #838
cmyden
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Don't worry Calgary, I've got something even better for us...

Calgary to Ixtapa/Zihuatanejo, Mexico - $210 after tax

Departure dates: April 20, 24, 27
Coming home: April 20, 24, 27, May 1

Can see it at http://www.westjet.com Just look for the $49+tax flights each way.

This seems to be a nationwide sale on WestJet to select destinations in Mexico for April -> May 1.

Still making my way through them all. Saskatoon/Regina have flights as low as $200 all in to Mazatlan.

There's also a flight to Nassau, Bahamas for $291, April 26-30, so kind of a short trip. WestJet.

cM

Last edited by cmyden; 01-29-2010 at 07:02 PM.
Old 01-29-2010, 06:51 PM   #839
HOOT
Franchise Player

Exp:

Ya I'm out in Victoria so even Calgary is a trip and a half for me for a flight.

What sites would you use to keep an eye on package deals (Flight/hotel)? They have already booked a certain hotel and city so I'm kinda stuck going there as well.
Old 01-29-2010, 07:28 PM   #840
cmyden
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by HOOT View Post
Ya I'm out in Victoria so even Calgary is a trip and a half for me for a flight.

What sites would you use to keep an eye on package deals (Flight/hotel)? They have already booked a certain hotel and city so I'm kinda stuck going there as well.
Hey Hoot, this doesn't relate to your question, but just found this for Victoria.

Victoria to Puerto Vallarta
Apr 18,19,20,21 to Apr 23,25,27

$216 all in, WestJet

If you're on FB, do me a favor and join the Victoria group and invite everyone in Victoria.

I'll get back to your question in a bit, just a lot of deals I need to post at the moment.