Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community
Old 11-12-2018, 02:12 PM   #2901
4X4
One of the Nine

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wormius View Post
The political ads that seem to be playing on all of the radio stations right now immediately make me want to change the station.
You must be talking about the shaping alberta ads that imitate a call in show. Holy cringeworthy.
4X4 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 11 Users Say Thank You to 4X4 For This Useful Post:
Old 11-12-2018, 07:36 PM   #2902
jayswin
Celebrated Square Root Day

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Julio View Post
This...a thousand times this...
The worst is the one with the mother holding her newborn. Looks at her child and then says to her rep "I can't afford to support both of you".

WTF, you're not supporting your rep, you're literally sitting in her office because you agreed to pay for her services.
jayswin is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to jayswin For This Useful Post:
Old 11-12-2018, 07:48 PM   #2903
chedder
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayswin View Post
The worst is the one with the mother holding her newborn. Looks at her child and then says to her rep "I can't afford to support both of you".

WTF, you're not supporting your rep, you're literally sitting in her office because you agreed to pay for her services.
Thinking the same thing. Say a young new mother has $50,000 in an rrsp account. If the rep makes 1%, that's a whopping $500/year. If I remember my kids as babies, it cost a little more than that to support them.

That being said, the full service advisor/dealer companies are doing a terrible job countering these ads from the robo advisors.
chedder is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2018, 09:09 AM   #2904
ken0042
Playboy Mansion Poolboy

Location: Close enough to make a beer run during a TV timeout
Exp:

Never mind that the mother is actually meeting her rep in a coffee shop. You know, the kind of one-on-one service and advice you would expect to get from a personal rep.
ken0042 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2018, 12:34 PM   #2905
Erick Estrada
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ken0042 View Post
Never mind that the mother is actually meeting her rep in a coffee shop. You know, the kind of one-on-one service and advice you would expect to get from a personal rep.
Yeah that's what caught my attention (for the wrong reason). After firing her what would they discuss over coffee for the next 20 minutes? The rep is taking time in her day to meet her client in person in regards to discussing investments in a commercial that is aimed at making the rep and her institution look bad. If anything it's kind of a dick move to ask your rep to meet you for coffee so you can fire them. Not sure why she just couldn't meet her in the establishment to sever ties.

These commercials are just silly and make me not want to take my money to them which is the opposite of their intentions as you know when a bunch of us in an online group are annoyed with these commercials that they are probably annoying a lot of viewers.

Last edited by Erick Estrada; 11-13-2018 at 12:38 PM.
Erick Estrada is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2018, 12:43 PM   #2906
d_phaneuf
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiracSpike View Post
Whatever financial services company runs the "ask tough questions about your money" ads. At first they had a point about people analyzing the investment fees vs returns but now it's just bad actors flipping out on people for common turns of phrase.

"You'll see the returns in time; it's a long term game"
"It's not a game...it's my retirement. It's my family's future"

Holy crap beardo calm down, the guy made a completely valid statement about investing illustrated by an idiom and you're trying to tone set him over that? He obviously knows your retirement isn't another version of donkey Kong 64. Relax. Or

"I really don't think pulling out your money is the best move"
"Best move for who? Best move for you??? Or for my family??"
Probably both lady jeez. You're mad dawging this guy for giving an opinion.
All of those ads

Its like these other financial companies are just flabbergasted at the most simple questions that come up

The new one with the mother and the baby

"I cant keep paying these fees, weve had some changes"
"Those fees pay for my services"
"Well i cant support both of you" *camera focuses on baby*

How stupid do they think these financial services people are
d_phaneuf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2018, 08:03 PM   #2907
btimbit
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by d_phaneuf View Post
All of those ads

Its like these other financial companies are just flabbergasted at the most simple questions that come up

The new one with the mother and the baby

"I cant keep paying these fees, weve had some changes"
"Those fees pay for my services"
"Well i cant support both of you" *camera focuses on baby*

How stupid do they think these financial services people are
Lol yeah. I'm someone that despises banks and the crooks that work for them, and even I laugh at how over the top the questrade commercials are
btimbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2018, 10:40 AM   #2908
Toonage
Taking a while to get to 5000

Exp:

I would like to add the latest Canadian Tire "Heads Up" ad on 960.

Don't make me hate you Canadian Tire.
Toonage is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Toonage For This Useful Post:
Old 11-21-2018, 09:03 PM   #2909
Yamer
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toonage View Post
I would like to add the latest Canadian Tire "Heads Up" ad on 960.

Don't make me hate you Canadian Tire.
Searched this thread just to post this. I think it may actually be a Castrol ad.

Actually, I don't really care. I absolutely HATE that commercial.

"I see as much misery out of them moving to justify theirselves as them that set out to do harm."
-Dr. Amos "Doc" Cochran
Yamer is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Yamer For This Useful Post:
Old 11-21-2018, 09:35 PM   #2910
Erick Estrada
Franchise Player

Exp:

That Scotiabank commercial where the girls are playing street hockey and the one girl scores and they go to Matthews film scoring a goal. Isn't that like the 10th variation of the same commercial that's been done several times over the years whether it be kids imitating big Henderson, Lemieux, etc goals?
Old 11-21-2018, 09:55 PM   #2911
troutman
Unfrozen Caveman Lawyer

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erick Estrada View Post
That Scotiabank commercial where the girls are playing street hockey and the one girl scores and they go to Matthews film scoring a goal. Isn't that like the 10th variation of the same commercial that's been done several times over the years whether it be kids imitating big Henderson, Lemieux, etc goals?
Even worse - her jersey says Vancouver, yet she wishes to be Matthews? Centre of the Universe thinks this is everyone's fantasy.
troutman is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to troutman For This Useful Post:
Old 11-22-2018, 08:40 AM   #2912
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yamer View Post
Searched this thread just to post this. I think it may actually be a Castrol ad.

Actually, I don't really care. I absolutely HATE that commercial.
You should hate Canadian Tire by default.

This Post Has Been Distilled for the Eradication of Seemingly Incurable Sadness.

If you are flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a Fire Exit. - Mitch Hedberg
Locke is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2018, 09:47 AM   #2913
Slava
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by chedder View Post
Thinking the same thing. Say a young new mother has $50,000 in an rrsp account. If the rep makes 1%, that's a whopping $500/year. If I remember my kids as babies, it cost a little more than that to support them.

That being said, the full service advisor/dealer companies are doing a terrible job countering these ads from the robo advisors.
Hopefully this comes across as intended (which isn't holier-than or anything), but I just laugh at those commercials. It's a two way street, and frankly those clients as illustrated aren't the kind of people I would want to deal with anyway! I have clients who aren't the richest people in the world, but they're just plain nice people who I actually enjoy speaking with. I can't imagine having to deal with people who obviously don't value your services and are just plain difficult people.

That said the advisors in these ads are just plain smarmy and I don't think I would deal with them either.
Slava is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2018, 07:53 AM   #2914
Luder
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Can't remember the name of the company but it's for glasses and is animated almost like Archer. #grandma looks fresh, so awful.
Luder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2018, 08:29 AM   #2915
Erick Estrada
Franchise Player

Exp:

The NDP fear mongering commercials on facebook. They are going to get destroyed in the next election if they don't start campaigning on why we should vote for them rather than replaying the same song and dance over and over about the Kenny and the evil UCP.
Old 11-23-2018, 08:48 AM   #2916
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

I do have to laugh a bit at the Government of Canada Cannabis PSAs though.

Could you have found a stodgier spokesman?

This Post Has Been Distilled for the Eradication of Seemingly Incurable Sadness.

If you are flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a Fire Exit. - Mitch Hedberg
Locke is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Locke For This Useful Post:
Old 11-23-2018, 10:10 AM   #2917
Inglewood Jack
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slava View Post
Hopefully this comes across as intended (which isn't holier-than or anything), but I just laugh at those commercials. It's a two way street, and frankly those clients as illustrated aren't the kind of people I would want to deal with anyway! I have clients who aren't the richest people in the world, but they're just plain nice people who I actually enjoy speaking with. I can't imagine having to deal with people who obviously don't value your services and are just plain difficult people.

That said the advisors in these ads are just plain smarmy and I don't think I would deal with them either.
that's what's so irritating about these Questrade turds. anyone who has spent time with a financial planner in real life knows that the meetings don't consist of sitting across from a smug, greedy bank employee, waiting for them speak some transparently dumb setup line, so that you can clap back with one of several retorts you rehearsed the night before, and then pull a mic out of your pocket so that you can drop it on their desk.

that's like advertising your grocery store is better than the competition, because yours doesn't have cashiers that hork and spit into the produce as they scan it.
Inglewood Jack is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Inglewood Jack For This Useful Post:
Old 11-23-2018, 10:15 AM   #2918
alexle
Backup Goalie

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luder View Post
Can't remember the name of the company but it's for glasses and is animated almost like Archer. #grandma looks fresh, so awful.
That's for Optiks International. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2T18lUIK6tw
Old 11-23-2018, 06:03 PM   #2919
Minnie
Franchise Player

Exp:

The Montreal steak spice ads on the radio. Awful.
Minnie is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Minnie For This Useful Post:
Old 11-23-2018, 08:50 PM   #2920
Brendone
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

+1 for that stupid Huggies commercial. It’s just a frickin diaper!!! Have to hit mute whenever it’s on.
Brendone is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bad commercials , bunchowhiners , eww spence diamonds "guy" , eww vagisil , spence sucks , subway sucks , telus sucks