Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > Fire on Ice: The Calgary Flames Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-25-2019, 11:29 AM   #41
Wish They Could Win
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

I’ve always wondered if the signing of a family member was a way to redirect salary. Basically, they ask the NHL player to sign for less than they normally would and say they will sign their family member for the balance. The family still gets the full amount and the cap hit remains low. Maybe even in some cases, the lesser brother funnels money back to the NHL brother?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Wish They Could Win is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2019, 11:34 AM   #42
Coach
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wish They Could Win View Post
I’ve always wondered if the signing of a family member was a way to redirect salary. Basically, they ask the NHL player to sign for less than they normally would and say they will sign their family member for the balance. The family still gets the full amount and the cap hit remains low. Maybe even in some cases, the lesser brother funnels money back to the NHL brother?

Lol.
Old 08-25-2019, 11:48 AM   #43
David Struch
First Line Centre

Exp:
wranglers New Heat Players:

Zach Osburn is the youngest of the bunch...

https://www.eliteprospects.com/playe...rrance-amorosa

https://www.eliteprospects.com/playe...12/zach-osburn

https://www.eliteprospects.com/playe...20/mitch-hults

https://www.eliteprospects.com/playe.../matt-gaudreau
David Struch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2019, 08:32 AM   #44
jayswin
Celebrated Square Root Day

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by dissentowner View Post
Holy Lord, it was a play on their weak attendance. Loosen up. And if you have been there then you already knew there is no way in hell they have 13000 people in there a game or any game for that matter. If you are trying to convince a hockey board who passionately follows hockey otherwise you are just making yourself look foolish.
This is also true of the Flames on a larger attendance scale. Glendale was actually drawing quite well last year and have increased season ticket sales this off season now that they're team is starting to actually look legit and have an owner that will retain stars.

Flames routinely look to have 1-3k less butts in seats than announced attendance. 19289 (sell out) often has half full nose bleed sections and many rows with 7-10 seats empty together.

Announced 18000 weekday games often look like 15k fans in the building.
jayswin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2019, 08:50 AM   #45
Rando
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Doubtful Johnny is needing any of his young brothers 50k AHL salary funnelled to him.
Rando is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2019, 10:22 AM   #46
jayswin
Celebrated Square Root Day

Exp:

Quote:

Yeah, no. First of all, think of most families and how they operate. The NHL has rich players but that doesn't generally change that an individual feels like he/her has built their own life and wealth and are entitled to it.

It's human nature. I mean what's the end goal? Johnny saves the Flames $25k in cap hit because they sign his brother 3 years after the fact and then Johnny takes half his brothers earnings?

Does any of this jive with reality when you think about it again after typing it out?
jayswin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2019, 11:56 AM   #47
GioforPM
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayswin View Post
Yeah, no. First of all, think of most families and how they operate. The NHL has rich players but that doesn't generally change that an individual feels like he/her has built their own life and wealth and are entitled to it.

It's human nature. I mean what's the end goal? Johnny saves the Flames $25k in cap hit because they sign his brother 3 years after the fact and then Johnny takes half his brothers earnings?

Does any of this jive with reality when you think about it again after typing it out?
And if you took the concept and tried to make it meaningful (e.g. playing Tkachuk $6M and then hiring his sister as a fitness coach at $3M) the league would be all over that pretty darn quick.
GioforPM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2019, 07:16 PM   #48
Harry Lime
Franchise Player

Exp:

I just realized that if you were going to play off of Henri Richard being the 'Pocket Rocket', that would make Matty 'Pocket Hockey'.