Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum > Food and Entertainment
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-04-2016, 03:59 PM   #181
photon
The new goggles also do nothing.

Exp:

Aaaahahahaha, 7:59 onwards needs to be a full music video!!
Old 05-04-2016, 04:14 PM   #182
Finger Cookin
Franchise Player

Exp:

How Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice should have ended:

In the pitch room.
Finger Cookin is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Finger Cookin For This Useful Post:
Old 05-04-2016, 04:32 PM   #183
Hack&Lube
Atomic Nerd

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senator Clay Davis View Post
Kevin Smith should direct it!
Hack&Lube is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2016, 04:39 PM   #184
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Okay wait, why was the Cave Troll from Lord of the Rings in this film?

This Post Has Been Distilled for the Eradication of Seemingly Incurable Sadness.

If you are flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a Fire Exit. - Mitch Hedberg
Locke is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2016, 11:25 PM   #185
killer_carlson
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Locke View Post
Well, that Cave Troll has been need of work for a while now.

He did have the cameo as the Kracken in the Clash of the Titans reboot, but other than that he hasn't been cast in a while.
Old 05-05-2016, 11:31 PM   #186
killer_carlson
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Locke View Post
Well, that Cave Troll has been need of work for a while now.

He did have the cameo as the Kracken in the Clash of the Titans reboot, but other than that he hasn't been cast in a while.
Old 05-06-2016, 10:46 AM   #187
GreenLantern
One of the Nine

Exp:

No we went over this, that is definitely the Toxic Crusader. Wayne Enterprises must have a few skeletons in the closet, and he came for revenge.

If only I could photo shop a mop into Doomsdays hand you would see the resemblance.

Old 05-06-2016, 08:59 PM   #188
AcGold
Self-Suspension

Exp:

Haha oh yeah, that was Doomsday. Actually forgot because he was so forgettable.
AcGold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2016, 03:42 PM   #189
sa226
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

I'm sure most people have moved on and completely forgot about this movie, but I watched the "Ultimate Cut" the other day and will give some of my thoughts.

There are two certainties about the Ultimate Cut. One, it is absolutely still the same movie, same crappy Lex, same murderous Batman, so don't go expecting a completely different movie. Two, it is undoubtedly better than the theatrical version. I don't know who the editing team was for the theatrical version, but they should be fired.

The R rated thing is overblown, they just added some blood in some instances and you see a shadowy Batman butt in the shower in a scene.

The opening desert scene is a little more fleshed out, and it makes more sense why Superman showed up.

The lady who was to testify to the senate hearing wasn't pissed off at Superman, she was blackmailed by Lex Luthor to testify. That changed the perception.

The wheelchair that blows up was lined with lead, so Superman couldn't see or hear the bomb, that changes a lot. Thats a good "win" for Lex over Superman. Its not just Superman being pouty and useless at his job.

Quite a bit more Clark Kent stuff, following the Batman leads, interacting with Perry. It gave him more of an interesting arc.

Lots of little tidbits to connect the terrible pacing of the theatrical version. Its still really slow in the second act, but I guess it flowed better.

I don't know if I missed it in the theater, but I understood Batman's arc a bit better, in how he was tracking and following Lex Luthor. It seemed more Batman'ish that he was seemingly keeping tabs on Lex because he thought he was up to no good. But really he knew Lex had found the Kryptonite and he meant to steal it.

Even though it made more sense for his arc, I think it weakened the "plausibility" of Lex that he just seems to be completely omniscient, and i'm not sure how or why. The whiny little frat boy didn't seem like a guy who is always one step ahead.

I literally loled at the "Martha" scene. Only because I get it now and the idea is actually kind of poignant. But holy crap was the execution terrible, how did that get past the screenwriter, the director, the producers? I get it, with the flashback to his parents death and his father, a dying man helplessly calling "Martha." Just like Superman was. In that moment with the spear ready to kill Superman, he realized he had become the exact thing that he swore to fight. He had betrayed the very reason why he became Batman. I like that. Then, I think the warehouse scene is so brutal because in that moment Bruce Wayne felt like he had a second chance to save his Mom, a chance at retribution, so he makes the promise to Superman. Thats great stuff, but holy crap the dialogue is terrible, the forced "Martha" is cringe worthy and the fact that they are just buddies right away is pretty damned convenient.

Even though there were still 2.5 movies crammed into one, I felt like the Superman death had a bit more weight to it, because he actually wasn't as terrible at being Superman as he was in the theatrical version. Though he was more of a tragic figure than a "Hero" who died.

So, yeah. Better movie for sure, but doesn't fix the overall disappointment that the film was.
sa226 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to sa226 For This Useful Post:
Old 07-06-2016, 03:54 PM   #190
blankall
Ate 100 Treadmills

Exp:

^^^^^

Haven't seen the uncut version yet, although I will watch it.

Also, I think we may discovery in future films that Lex Luthor Sr. is still alive, which would be a very positive change.
blankall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2016, 09:02 AM   #191
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

They made a movie that was far too long and convoluted much longer and more convoluted.

Plus they took the best Superman and Batman storylines, turned them upside down and then proceeded to sexually violate them via their earholes thus ruining any potential for their future use.

Well done.

This Post Has Been Distilled for the Eradication of Seemingly Incurable Sadness.

If you are flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a Fire Exit. - Mitch Hedberg
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Locke For This Useful Post:
Old 07-07-2016, 07:47 PM   #192
pseudoreality
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

I don't think I'll find the time to watch a longer version of that crappy movie.
pseudoreality is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2016, 01:56 PM   #193
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by pseudoreality View Post
I don't think I'll find the time to watch a longer version of that crappy movie.
I have a hard time believing the flawed logic of it.

"We know this was terrible! But wait! Theres more!"

Old 07-08-2016, 06:45 PM   #194
ignite09
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Yeah just watched this, what a crappy movie. Like, I'm getting angry they fooled me into paying for this type of crappy.
ignite09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2016, 11:29 AM   #195
Hockey_Ninja

Exp:

So they basically made a disappointing movie a longer disappointing movie? Sweet!....
Old 07-09-2016, 04:49 PM   #196
Tinordi
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

I watched the extended version and haven't seen the theatrical version.

If the extended version is universally regarded as a better version that "makes sense" then I feel sorry for the rubes who put down money to watch an even worse version of this movie.

This movie was terrible. It was made by people who clearly had no idea who these characters are and why they were popular in the first place.
Tinordi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2016, 06:02 PM   #197
WhiteTiger
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinordi View Post
This movie was terrible. It was made by people who clearly had no idea who these characters are and why they were popular in the first place.
That is indeed the general primary complaint.
WhiteTiger is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2016, 01:18 PM   #198
GoinAllTheWay
Franchise Player

Exp:

Going to be available to rent on July 15. Can't wait! 2 more days to be super disappointed!
GoinAllTheWay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2016, 12:46 PM   #199
rayne008
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Watched this for the first time last night.

I'll echo most of the comments here:

- Stupid trailer #2 gave away way to much. The WW reveal would have been great if unexpected.

- Enjoyed all of the characters except Lois & Lex. Agree that both Smallville versions of those characters were better. Lex should be methodical, brilliant and evil ~ not an sniveling emo cartoon. I still don't know what his endgame was.

- I've never read comics, so I still don't make sense of the dreams / flash cameo / alternative timelines.

- The Martha scene made zero sense to me at the time, now reading this forum some spelt out that this was supposed to be batman realizing he was becoming what he swore to fight against ... I just didn't get that as it was played out on the screen. Poor execution.

- Doomsday was dumb, and I don't get where everyone is saying Darkseid is coming from.

Overall pretty disappointed.
rayne008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2016, 01:52 PM   #200
Drak
First Line Centre

Exp:

I was going to rent this on demand to see how truly bad it really is.
Drak is offline   Reply With Quote