Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community
Old 09-10-2020, 04:29 PM   #2201
DownInFlames
Craig McTavish' Merkin

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by wireframe View Post
Have you contacted Nintendo about repairing them? They repaired two joycons and a pro controller for me free of charge. I just had to print a waybill for shipping.
I know they fix them but want to buy a second pair and I'd prefer to buy a product with the issue resolved. I don't want to give them money if they're not going to put effort into fixing a widely known issue.
DownInFlames is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to DownInFlames For This Useful Post:
Old 09-19-2020, 09:12 AM   #2202
OutOfTheCube
Franchise Player

Exp:

Monster Hunter coming to Switch in a big way in 2021 with two new exclusive games! First on March 26, 2021 is Monster Hunter Rise, an all-new full featured series installment that looks great.

In Summer 2021 we'll be getting Monster Hunter Stories 2: Wings of Ruin. I imagine most missed the 3DS exclusive first game, but it's a monster catching / taming game with a turn-based battle system and linear narrative, more like a JRPG than the main series.

The games will have some sort of cross-compatibility features, and I personally think both look excellent. If you're unfamiliar with the series this would be a great place to jump in, and if you're a Switch fan I'd really urge to support third party exclusives that are built from the ground up from the system, as it's fairly rare to see.
OutOfTheCube is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to OutOfTheCube For This Useful Post:
Old 09-22-2020, 10:10 AM   #2203
stampsx2
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by wireframe View Post
Have you contacted Nintendo about repairing them? They repaired two joycons and a pro controller for me free of charge. I just had to print a waybill for shipping.
Really? I sent mine in and still get drift. It’s super annoying. You’d expect something like that from an amateur system but from nintendo? Really?
stampsx2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2020, 10:12 AM   #2204
stampsx2
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by DownInFlames View Post
I know they fix them but want to buy a second pair and I'd prefer to buy a product with the issue resolved. I don't want to give them money if they're not going to put effort into fixing a widely known issue.
Which games are you noticing it on? I get it the most on Mario Maker and Mario Kart. Might be because i play those the most.
Old 09-22-2020, 10:14 AM   #2205
SuperMatt18
Franchise Player

Exp:

One thing that worked for me was electrical contact cleaning spray.

Had drift on a couple controllers and didn't want to send them in, and found this tip online: https://www.reddit.com/r/nintendo/co...t_use_a_spray/

Used it on my joy-cons and it's worked great. No issues with drift yet. Says online that you will probably have to re-spray every once in a while, but so far so good for me.
SuperMatt18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2020, 10:29 AM   #2206
Wormius
Franchise Player

Exp:

I bought a replacement/repair kit for the thumb controllers and they work like a charm. For some reason it seems to only have been the original ones that came with the Switch that were faulty. I bought another set later and they have been working great.
Wormius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2020, 10:31 AM   #2207
stampsx2
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperMatt18 View Post
One thing that worked for me was electrical contact cleaning spray.

Had drift on a couple controllers and didn't want to send them in, and found this tip online: https://www.reddit.com/r/nintendo/co...t_use_a_spray/

Used it on my joy-cons and it's worked great. No issues with drift yet. Says online that you will probably have to re-spray every once in a while, but so far so good for me.
Where did you get the electrical contact spray?

From my research it seems like drift is caused by dust or debris getting into the joycon stick. I’ve read people have success with compressed air or isopropyl alchohol.

Some say after tearing thing apart it could also be contact wear and tear.

Apparently and i do stress apparently the new controllers you buy don’t have the issue?? Would like to verify this claim.
Old 09-22-2020, 10:32 AM   #2208
stampsx2
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wormius View Post
I bought a replacement/repair kit for the thumb controllers and they work like a charm. For some reason it seems to only have been the original ones that came with the Switch that were faulty. I bought another set later and they have been working great.
Yes but the newer ones work because they’re still clean or did nintendo actually fix the problem? That’s the big question.
Old 09-22-2020, 10:58 AM   #2209
SuperMatt18
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by stampsx2 View Post
I ordered it on Amazon. Not the cheapest but figure it will last me a while.

https://www.amazon.ca/MG-Chemicals-E...ustrial&sr=1-6
The Following User Says Thank You to SuperMatt18 For This Useful Post:
Old 09-22-2020, 11:53 AM   #2210
Wormius
Franchise Player

Exp:
Default Nintendo Switch Thread

B&E probably carries that, if you are in the SE.
Wormius is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Wormius For This Useful Post:
Old 09-28-2020, 04:23 PM   #2211
SuperMatt18
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by stampsx2 View Post

From my research it seems like drift is caused by dust or debris getting into the joycon stick. I’ve read people have success with compressed air or isopropyl alchohol.

Some say after tearing thing apart it could also be contact wear and tear.

Apparently and i do stress apparently the new controllers you buy don’t have the issue?? Would like to verify this claim.
Just following up on this.

So after about 6 weeks since the first application had the first little hint of drift returning. (Might have been drift, might have just been my frustration with the controls and camera in Mario 64)

Sprayed a little bit of the contact cleaner again and feels great again.
Old 09-28-2020, 04:34 PM   #2212
I_H8_Crawford
Franchise Player

Exp:

Any feedback here on Mario 3d All Stars?

I've only played Mario 64 out of those - is it worth the money?
I_H8_Crawford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2020, 09:33 AM   #2213
Slacker
Scoring Winger

Exp:

I have it and I'm not sure if it's fully worth the price.

Mario 64 has better graphics but the camera is as clunky as the original.

Super Mario Galaxy looks really good but my frustration with the game is that I still have to play the game similar to the wii remotes. The manta ray slide level is really annoying due to that and I stopped playing altogether.

I haven't played Sunshine yet, but maybe I will when I'm done with Hades.
Slacker is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Slacker For This Useful Post:
Old 09-29-2020, 12:11 PM   #2214
Wood
First Line Centre

Exp:

IMO N64 and GameCube games should be added to the online subscription

I've played Sunshine and both Galaxy games on the dolphin emulator. If you have a decent PC I'd recommend doing that, especially for Galaxy since you can bind the annoying wii controls any way you'd prefer
Wood is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Wood For This Useful Post:
Old 10-01-2020, 03:04 PM   #2215
SuperMatt18
Franchise Player

Exp:

Snuck in a couple of games of Mario 35 in between meetings this afternoon...and it's so much fun like Tetris 99 was.

I really hope they don't pull it down from the store, think this could really have some legs and they could add Mario 2 and 3 art style/levels as well.
Old 10-01-2020, 10:34 PM   #2216
chemgear
Franchise Player

Exp:

chemgear is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to chemgear For This Useful Post:
Old 10-02-2020, 10:25 AM   #2217
gallione11
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slacker View Post
I have it and I'm not sure if it's fully worth the price.

Mario 64 has better graphics but the camera is as clunky as the original.

Super Mario Galaxy looks really good but my frustration with the game is that I still have to play the game similar to the wii remotes. The manta ray slide level is really annoying due to that and I stopped playing altogether.

I haven't played Sunshine yet, but maybe I will when I'm done with Hades.
I have it as well, and only had played 64 beforehand. Galaxy controls are terrible, and take away from an otherwise pretty fun game. Anything that requires use of the pointer (don't know what else to call it) in a quick and controlled manner is maddening. (Ghost level -- race the ghost through a field of those sticky stars you have to point and click to hit).

Swimming controls are awful as well.
gallione11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2020, 05:59 PM   #2218
gallione11
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Holy @#$%. Just did the Trial Galaxy where you have to traverse the whole level on top of a ball. When the difficulty is from crappy controls, that's not good design. I think some of these levels will be do it once for completion but never again. Bonus points to the Manta Surfing Trial Galaxy, but that wasn't nearly as maddening (10 or so tries vs 40 to complete).
gallione11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2020, 10:35 AM   #2219
Hemi-Cuda
wins 10 internets

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by gallione11 View Post
Holy @#$%. Just did the Trial Galaxy where you have to traverse the whole level on top of a ball. When the difficulty is from crappy controls, that's not good design. I think some of these levels will be do it once for completion but never again. Bonus points to the Manta Surfing Trial Galaxy, but that wasn't nearly as maddening (10 or so tries vs 40 to complete).
You can play those levels on the Dolphin emulator with the controls mapped to the left analog stick, makes them fun but still challenging. Don't know why they didn't do the same thing with this release, other than laziness
Hemi-Cuda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2020, 08:28 AM   #2220
metallicat
Franchise Player

Exp:

Has anyone played the Roller Coaster Tycoon game? As someone that loved the early RCT games, how does this compare?