Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community
Old 09-28-2020, 04:10 PM   #4361
Azure
Had an idea!

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarchHare View Post
To be fair, that specific tax credit is actually pretty nice to have if you are farming.

These days rich people buy up land and farming/ranching operations so they can minimize their tax burden because of that tax credit.

Look up the amount of land being bought up by billionares these days. It is insane.
Old 09-28-2020, 04:13 PM   #4362
Azure
Had an idea!

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fozzie_DeBear View Post
False equivalency...just because both sides suck doesn't mean they suck equally.

And I think you are making a solid point that tax avoidance is not the same thing as tax evasion.
True. And within the current system there would have been better candidates that don't suck as much.

I just hate it when you call out political lifers as being part of the problem (and to be clear they are), and people like Lanny go off the rails on a rather stupid rant because how dare you badmouth my guy.

I just don't accept the place where the best candidate available to be Trump was Biden. Sorry.
Old 09-28-2020, 04:15 PM   #4363
Azure
Had an idea!

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by New Era View Post
What a ####ing stupid comment. Someone is only responsible if they write the law themselves? Well, no need to worry about anyone shooting someone on the street, as they didn't write the gun laws nor the laws related to murder, so the law does not apply to them! And since Trump didn't write the laws, you can't comment on how corrupt he is by breaking those laws, because he didn't write them and so they don't apply to him. More Azure logic on display folks. This comment brought to by Freeman on the Land and the Sovereign Citizen Movement. Azure, you are now free to travel.

You're right. Vote for Trump, because those evil Democrats are the ones who set the tax code up and built all the loopholes in the system! All by them little selves. The Republicans have had nothing to do with it and have not been about gaming the tax system for decades. It's all the evil Demoncrats!
Trump and the Republicans are certain to solve the problem if we just give them more time! Oh wait, they just created a tax law with more loop holes for the rich and then eliminated much of the tax that is being paid by the uber rich in the first place. So I guess they already did solve the problem! If they aren't paying in the first place there's no need to use those loopholes. Amiright?

Ah yes, more of Azure's greatest hits. I'm responsible for all ills in the world.
I am his boogeyman! Make sure you check your closet and underneath your bed Azure, I'm coming to get you!

Hey smart guy, what's the other option here? In a two party system, what is the other option to Trump? You have to work within the system you have. Since the options are vote for the guy driving the country into the ####ter, or vote for the other guy who has been digging in the glovebox looking for a map, what is the right one? I'm championing the one that has a chance to try and turn this thing around. That's the reasonable and responsible thing to do. In Azureland, what is the right thing to do?
I think you should take a break from the forum. You're going into full blown meltdown mode circa 2004 when I told you Kerry wouldn't be better than Bush when it came to foreign policy and all you had was some stupid 4,000 post about Kerry's foreign policy experience and how he was the champion that would save the world from American expansionism.

Or was that when you claimed the same thing when Obama was running for President? Hard to keep up when you bounce around from candidate to candidate.
Old 09-28-2020, 04:25 PM   #4364
Lanny_McDonald
Franchise Player

Exp:

What does that even mean??? Bounce around from candidate to candidate??? You know candidates change from cycle to cycle and 2004 was a long time ago? You might also want to consider who is in meltdown mode? You've posted runs of five posts and three posts twice in the past two and a half pages.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Lanny_McDonald For This Useful Post:
Old 09-28-2020, 04:40 PM   #4365
dino7c
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azure View Post
But doesn't it?

Ignore that it is Trump.

Almost everyone in the business world tries to minimize their tax impact, and you are considered 'smart' for doing so. We all hire tax accountants to accomplish exactly that, and spend thousands or millions of dollars maximizing our write offs, business expenses, etc, etc. It has long been a big issue considering governments are missing out on billions of dollars in revenue, and the more money a company or individual makes, the more they can spend trying to avoid income taxes.

I disagree with the policies around taxation, but I wouldn't get hung up over the fact that Trump paid no income taxes. Amazon doesn't pay any income taxes either.

The bigger issue here is the the supposed idea that he is losing millions of dollars and has for a long time, and how dumb of a business operator that makes him, not to mention the obvious exposure to blackmail.
Maybe, I am just saying his supporters don't care...about anything really. All efforts should be going towards getting people to the polls. Biden has more support than Trump but they actually need to vote.
Old 09-28-2020, 04:45 PM   #4366
2Stonedbirds
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by PepsiFree View Post
I never thought I'd say this, but someone needs to bump a gun thread so he has something to do.

Overall I admit I find it fascinating how certain right wingers on here rely heavily on false equivalence. It's very indicative of the problem in the US right now for some republican supports, where the facade of morality has been stripped away, so they desperately need to point out things that feel the same to them "on the other side" which, of course, aren't remotely close. A disturbing lack of critical thinking.

It'd be one thing if it were "hey, there is also this questionable thing happening on your side," but it's never that. It's always "have you seen this thing which is the SAME! wow, I guess everyone is a hypocrite!" I guess it's the only way to cope, but it's sad.

I guess I'll ask again since you've seemed to miss it.
Where did I do this? Care to point it out the logical fallacy you've examined and then built on the back of ad hominems in your above post?
Point it out.
Old 09-28-2020, 04:47 PM   #4367
Azure
Had an idea!

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by New Era View Post
What does that even mean??? Bounce around from candidate to candidate??? You know candidates change from cycle to cycle and 2004 was a long time ago? You might also want to consider who is in meltdown mode? You've posted runs of five posts and three posts twice in the past two and a half pages.
You have a long history of raging over candidates. Whether it was Kerry in 2004, or Obama in 2008 it is the same thing every single election cycle.

"My guy is the best and he needs to be elected because the other side is evil and if we don't elect him we are screwed."

Whether that is in reference to foreign policy (hot topic in 2004) or health care (hot topic in 2008), etc, etc.

And then whenever someone from the 'left' comes along and says the guy our side is putting up sucks, you run around labeling those people at grifters and losers who are right-wing losers trying to disguise themselves as liberals. Or you label people like like Cliff, who honestly is a pretty decent poster, but hey he disagrees with you, so down he goes. You know, similar to how it was with Cowperson back in the day, or any of the other posters you tried to 'outdo' with long-winded posts that rambled to nowhere and had little merit or even much of a point.

I could say it is amusing, but it really isn't. It hasn't been for 10+ years.

Does that work for you?

As for my posting habits, I guess I don't have time to sit on CP all day. Unfortunately, because the threads are pretty interesting these days.
Old 09-28-2020, 04:50 PM   #4368
Azure
Had an idea!

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by dino7c View Post
Maybe, I am just saying his supporters don't care...about anything really. All efforts should be going towards getting people to the polls. Biden has more support than Trump but they actually need to vote.
Just like the Kamala Harris supporters could care less about her long history of taking advantage of minorities or the less privileged when it came to advancing her career.

You are right though, if everyone that supposedly supports Biden would vote, Trump would lose.
Old 09-28-2020, 04:53 PM   #4369
afc wimbledon
Franchise Player

Exp:

If you lot were my foster kids I'd be shouting down stairs

'shut the eff up or I'm turning off the wifi and you can all be pissed at me instead of each other'
The Following 13 Users Say Thank You to afc wimbledon For This Useful Post:
Old 09-28-2020, 05:00 PM   #4370
Lanny_McDonald
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
You have a long history of raging over candidates...
And you have a long history of raging over nothing, saying nothing, and having nothing of value to add to any discussion. What is your point. Seriously, go back over the past two and a half pages of train wreck posting and tell us what any of it means. There is no coherent message there. You are good at lashing out, whether that be at the system or individuals who point out you have no argument, but you do not discuss issues or try to be clear on what solution you are presenting. Your schtick has always been to piss and moan about the system, but never present an alternative that is within the framework of the system. Again, two and a half pages of nonsense that says nothing or contributes to the discussion. Try a little bit of introspection before trying to project your problems on others.
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Lanny_McDonald For This Useful Post:
Old 09-28-2020, 05:08 PM   #4371
MoneyGuy
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
But doesn't it?

Ignore that it is Trump.

Almost everyone in the business world tries to minimize their tax impact, and you are considered 'smart' for doing so. We all hire tax accountants to accomplish exactly that, and spend thousands or millions of dollars maximizing our write offs, business expenses, etc, etc. It has long been a big issue considering governments are missing out on billions of dollars in revenue, and the more money a company or individual makes, the more they can spend trying to avoid income taxes.

I disagree with the policies around taxation, but I wouldn't get hung up over the fact that Trump paid no income taxes. Amazon doesn't pay any income taxes either.

The bigger issue here is the the supposed idea that he is losing millions of dollars and has for a long time, and how dumb of a business operator that makes him, not to mention the obvious exposure to blackmail.
Cheating on your taxes doesn’t make you a good businessman. It makes you a tax evader and a criminal.
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to MoneyGuy For This Useful Post:
Old 09-28-2020, 05:13 PM   #4372
Maritime Q-Scout
Ben

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by dino7c View Post
Trump supporters think not paying taxes makes him a smart business man

"Calgary Flames is the best team in all the land" - My Brainwashed Son
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to Maritime Q-Scout For This Useful Post:
Old 09-28-2020, 05:35 PM   #4373
iggy_oi
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoneyGuy View Post
Cheating on your taxes doesn’t make you a good businessman. It makes you a tax evader and a criminal.
Kind of makes you wonder, if Trump got away with this for so long and he’s not by any means the richest person in the US how many other million/billionaires have been getting away with it too.
Old 09-28-2020, 05:47 PM   #4374
Cali Panthers Fan
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by iggy_oi View Post
Kind of makes you wonder, if Trump got away with this for so long and he’s not by any means the richest person in the US how many other million/billionaires have been getting away with it too.
Exactly, and it's exacerbated every time Republicans roll back corporate taxation as well. Basically, anyone who makes a salary gets ####ed while everyone who gets return on investments or dividends get richer and richer. Is it any wonder why Bernie Sanders is so popular?
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Cali Panthers Fan For This Useful Post:
Old 09-28-2020, 06:20 PM   #4375
mikephoen
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:

As for my posting habits, I guess I don't have time to sit on CP all day. Unfortunately, because the threads are pretty interesting these days.
Lol, wat? You've posted 32 times (and counting) today! What would it be like if you had 'time to sit on CP all day'.
The Following 14 Users Say Thank You to mikephoen For This Useful Post:
Old 09-28-2020, 07:48 PM   #4376
cal_guy
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Part 2 of NYT on Trump's tax return.

https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/...pprentice.html
Old 09-28-2020, 08:04 PM   #4377
Looch City
Looooooooooooooch

Exp:

Some hilarious stuff in there:

Quote:
The tax records show that another series of speaking engagements, sponsored by the Learning Annex, paid Mr. Trump $7.3 million for events with titles like “Real Estate Wealth Expo: One Weekend Can Make You a Millionaire.” A book he co-wrote with the Annex’s founder, “Think Big and Kick Ass: In Business and Life,” earned him royalties of $1.4 million.
Old 09-29-2020, 08:22 AM   #4378
direwolf
Franchise Player

Exp:

So apparently the first major debate between Trump and Biden is tonight. There's been so much insanity lately, I honestly didn't even notice.

Part of me doesn't even care to watch it, as it will no doubt be 90 straight minutes of Trump just spouting insane bulls**t and launching childish personal attacks on Biden. But the other half of me is curious to see if Biden can simply ignore Trump's idiocy and stay on message. Hillary destroyed Trump in the 2016 debates. Can Biden do the same?

Last edited by direwolf; 09-29-2020 at 08:24 AM.
Old 09-29-2020, 08:30 AM   #4379
troutman
Unfrozen Caveman Lawyer

Exp:

Too bad Kamala can't tag in for Joe tonight.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to troutman For This Useful Post:
Old 09-29-2020, 08:37 AM   #4380
activeStick
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by troutman View Post
Too bad Kamala can't tag in for Joe tonight.
Biden will be fine despite many on the left (not you) hoping for him to fail so they can say, "I told you so!".

Watching Kamala destroy Pence will be a lot more fun to watch though.
Closed Thread