Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community
Old 09-02-2020, 12:26 PM   #221
Wastedyouth
Truculent!

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemi-Cuda View Post
I just picked up a Hisense Q8G 65". I was debating between that and the TCL 6 series, Hisense won out with slightly faster response times for games and having Android TV built-in over Roku. Visions has them in stock for pickup, which nets you a $50 savings over the Amazon price if you've got a large enough vehicle to take it home with
edit: whoops, missed your reply.
Wastedyouth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2020, 06:56 AM   #222
White Out 403
Franchise Player

Exp:

The hi sense is almost as good as the Vizio P. I am really tempted to grab the 75 for my bonus room and sell an older 55 inch we have. The bonus room has a 65 inch tv but the couch is 15 feet away... Which is quite a distance. Especially for my old and ####ty eyes
White Out 403 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2020, 08:54 AM   #223
squiggs96
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by White Out 403 View Post
The hi sense is almost as good as the Vizio P. I am really tempted to grab the 75 for my bonus room and sell an older 55 inch we have. The bonus room has a 65 inch tv but the couch is 15 feet away... Which is quite a distance. Especially for my old and ####ty eyes

Is the couch bolted into the floor?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bingo View Post
Jesus this site these days
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barnet Flame View Post
He just seemed like a very nice person. I loved Squiggy.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dissentowner View Post
I should probably stop posting at this point
squiggs96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2020, 09:12 AM   #224
White Out 403
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by squiggs96 View Post
Is the couch bolted into the floor?
It may as well be.
White Out 403 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to White Out 403 For This Useful Post:
Old 09-08-2020, 03:47 PM   #225
oilyfan
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

An update on this thread. I decided to buy a new tv on the labour day weekend. Bought the 75" Sony XBR800H, based on my research it was between this one and the 75" Q60 (other brands were out of stock or poorly reviewed).

I installed it, the TV is amazing, stupidly big, great picture, snappy and responsive androidtv interface (bettwer than Samsung's TIZEN). Very happy with the purchase. $1800 at BB after I haggled a bit.
Old 09-29-2020, 10:36 AM   #226
nfotiu
Franchise Player

Exp:

I see this model refurb'd on Woot for $1069.

LG OLED65B7P-U 65" OLED

Any thoughts on that model? By far the cheapest I've seen any kind of LG OLED 65, so am skeptical.
nfotiu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2020, 12:03 PM   #227
Diemenz
First Line Centre

Exp:

Do not order anything from woot. Their refurbished means they wiped it off.
Old 09-29-2020, 12:05 PM   #228
nfotiu
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diemenz View Post
Do not order anything from woot. Their refurbished means they wiped it off.
I think I'll take the chance. They are an Amazon company now, and it either works or it doesn't I guess when I get it.
Old 09-29-2020, 12:09 PM   #229
Diemenz
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by nfotiu View Post
I think I'll take the chance. They are an Amazon company now, and it either works or it doesn't I guess when I get it.
I wish you luck. I have ordered 3 times and there will not be a 4th. All of the product was crap condition or had issues. The only upside is I was able to use the 2 phones as trade ins at Apple for a new phone and get trade in value similar to what I paid from woot. Amazon should be ashamed of being attached to woot because their refurbished should be called second hand. You are not getting a like new product, you are getting a cleaned product that was used and traded in.
Old 09-29-2020, 12:13 PM   #230
nfotiu
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diemenz View Post
I wish you luck. I have ordered 3 times and there will not be a 4th. All of the product was crap condition or had issues. The only upside is I was able to use the 2 phones as trade ins at Apple for a new phone and get trade in value similar to what I paid from woot. Amazon should be ashamed of being attached to woot because their refurbished should be called second hand. You are not getting a like new product, you are getting a cleaned product that was used and traded in.
It's a big enough savings over any other 65 OLED that I am willing to roll the dice a bit. I assume I'll be able to send it back if it is badly scratched or not working properly.

I'll report back with my results in a couple weeks.
Old 09-29-2020, 12:16 PM   #231
Diemenz
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
It's a big enough savings over any other 65 OLED that I am willing to roll the dice a bit. I assume I'll be able to send it back if it is badly scratched or not working properly.

I'll report back with my results in a couple weeks.
I'm forgot to mention the tv. Yes, that is a great tv . Fingers crossed
Old 10-01-2020, 11:00 AM   #232
nfotiu
Franchise Player

Exp:

Woot cancelled my order saying it wasn't in stock any more...

Going to check out a used G7 65 for $1000. It's a tough quest to get a 65 OLED for around $1000!
Old 10-01-2020, 11:44 AM   #233
Since1984
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Woot cancelled my order saying it wasn't in stock any more...

Going to check out a used G7 65 for $1000. It's a tough quest to get a 65 OLED for around $1000!
Yeah, for that price it definitely has to be used/refurbished. You could wait and see how much the new Vizio OLED 65's will be if you want brand new as they will be in line with the cost of the LG 55 inchers.
Since1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2020, 12:01 AM   #234
nfotiu
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Since1984 View Post
Yeah, for that price it definitely has to be used/refurbished. You could wait and see how much the new Vizio OLED 65's will be if you want brand new as they will be in line with the cost of the LG 55 inchers.
I picked up my used g7 65 today. Perfect condition, and so happy with the picture. For years I resisted replacing my 55 in plasma with a bigger lcd and the wait was worth it. Seeing the letterbox black as the frame on my plasma is so satisfying! Shadow detail, perfect natural colours, and brightness that isn't affectect by sunlight. I don't know what could possibly be improved upon, except I now want a 77!
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to nfotiu For This Useful Post:
Old 10-15-2020, 03:12 PM   #235
MoneyGuy
Franchise Player

Exp:

I need a new smart TV and want one of approximately 54 inches. I may go to Costco. Does anyone know the sets that are available at Costco and their performance and reliability ratings?

I haven’t bought a TV for about 12 years so don’t know the current technology so a brief tutorial on technology types available would be appreciated.
MoneyGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2020, 03:23 PM   #236
Since1984
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoneyGuy View Post
I need a new smart TV and want one of approximately 54 inches. I may go to Costco. Does anyone know the sets that are available at Costco and their performance and reliability ratings?

I haven’t bought a TV for about 12 years so don’t know the current technology so a brief tutorial on technology types available would be appreciated.
Here is pretty decent guide:

Since1984 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Since1984 For This Useful Post:
Old 10-15-2020, 04:05 PM   #237
MoneyGuy
Franchise Player

Exp:

That was an excellent tutorial to help me understand the technology. It says little to compare brands.

I’m looking at Samsung, LG, and Sony. Sony used to be a top-rated set but is that still the case? I understand that LG and Samsung are both rated high? Any recommendations between those brands? I’m leaning toward Samsung but the guy in that video likes LG.

Price isn’t a huge deal to me although I don’t want to spend a fortune as this will be our No. 2 TV (basement, mostly for my use).

Last edited by MoneyGuy; 10-15-2020 at 04:07 PM.
Old 10-15-2020, 04:10 PM   #238
calgarygeologist
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:

You just missed a really solid deal on a well rated 55 inch from Costco. It is the TCL 55R613 and was on sale for $498 at the beginning of the week to match the Amazon Prime day sale. With a 5 year warranty and tax it was $550 through Costco. I bought one and it was delivered this afternoon. For average TV viewing it seems pretty fantastic. I watched a bit of an NFL rerun after setting it up and it is acceptable. There is some ghosting with fast moving action but it is not unbearable. I'm quite happy with it. Regular Price looks to be $599 but it might be on sale again for black Friday next month.
calgarygeologist is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to calgarygeologist For This Useful Post:
Old 10-15-2020, 04:13 PM   #239
MoneyGuy
Franchise Player

Exp:

A saving of $101 isn’t a deal breaker for me but I could wait until Black Friday.
Old 10-15-2020, 04:19 PM   #240
TorqueDog
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
That was an excellent tutorial to help me understand the technology. It says little to compare brands.

I’m looking at Samsung, LG, and Sony. Sony used to be a top-rated set but is that still the case? I understand that LG and Samsung are both rated high? Any recommendations between those brands? I’m leaning toward Samsung but the guy in that video likes LG.

Price isn’t a huge deal to me although I don’t want to spend a fortune as this will be our No. 2 TV (basement, mostly for my use).
Samsung used to be the gold standard but unless you're buying their 8K sets, they've apparently cheapened their high end 4K models. The Q90T is like last year's Q80R, Q80T like last year's Q70R, etc.
TorqueDog is offline   Reply With Quote