Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > Fire on Ice: The Calgary Flames Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-27-2021, 04:12 PM   #421
Textcritic
Acerbic Cyberbully

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yamer View Post
That's hilarious.

Quote:
Originally Posted by woob
"...harem warfare? like all your wives dressup and go paintballing?"
"The Lying Pen of Scribes" Ancient Manuscript Forgeries Project
Textcritic is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Textcritic For This Useful Post:
Old 01-27-2021, 04:15 PM   #422
Textcritic
Acerbic Cyberbully

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manhattanboy View Post
This how critical these divisional games are - all 4 pointers.

Had the Flames won both games (in regulation time):

CGY 9
TOR 8

With the losses:

TOR 12
CGY 5
That's true.

But it is also true that these last two games were only 4 out of 18 earnable points to be gained just playing this one team; there are still another 14 points left in upcoming games. As critical as the individual games are, there is also more opportunity than ever to make up for past mistakes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by woob
"...harem warfare? like all your wives dressup and go paintballing?"
"The Lying Pen of Scribes" Ancient Manuscript Forgeries Project
Textcritic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2021, 04:18 PM   #423
DazzlinDino
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by heep223 View Post
Agreed re Tkachuk. Laughing at Muzzin and casually leaving the ice would have been a better move.
If this serrano had played out in the media it would have looked bad on Toronto. Usually Tkachuk doesn't react to this stuff.
DazzlinDino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2021, 04:36 PM   #424
DeluxeMoustache

Exp:

Yeah. Toronto is used to stuff like Kadri and his throat slashing gesture

If you cared what they thought I imagine it would be exhausting
DeluxeMoustache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2021, 04:40 PM   #425
DazzlinDino
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erick Estrada View Post
There is something up with this guy. He does go quiet in the playoffs and it seems like when he riles up other teams it usually ends up in motivated opponents like the Kings that play the Flames like it's their Stanley Cup. Also it seems the more upset the opposition is with Tkachuk the better the chance he has a quiet game. Flames really don't need their opponents getting all amped up for regular season games as they often can't match that intensity.

^^^^I thought about this exact situation today; It is unfortunate but in the past we used to have teams that could match that intensity. Darryl's were always hard working and Hartley's teams were pretty consistent as well. Our current teams seem to fold too easily.
DazzlinDino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2021, 04:48 PM   #426
cowtown75
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiracSpike View Post
At the same time though, if someone flips a puck into your chest after a loss and you just take it you're a huge bitch. Any self respecting player would object to that so it's no surprise Tkachuk did
I think Chucky has found a new friend to play with on this year's friendship tour. Can't wait until we play T.O. again.
cowtown75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2021, 04:55 PM   #427
SuperMatt18
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
At the same time though, if someone flips a puck into your chest after a loss and you just take it you're a huge bitch. Any self respecting player would object to that so it's no surprise Tkachuk did
Yup.

If Tkachuk did that to someone he would be expected to answer the bell on the spot and fight.
SuperMatt18 is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SuperMatt18 For This Useful Post:
Old 01-27-2021, 06:20 PM   #428
KipperFaNaTic
Scoring Winger

Exp:

I am shocked that many people are not siding with Tkachuk. What despicable sportsmanship by Muzzin (not saying though, that Tkachuk is an angel himself).

You beat a team back to back, in their own barn, in two close one-goal games, and you decide to throw more salt into the wound by flipping a puck at your opponent while he is on his knees.

I am glad Tkachuk showed some emotion afterwards as I do not want the Flames being a team that does not bite back when being disrespected.

Let's go Tkachuk... be just like Iggy... turn this rage into focus and determination. Let's go.
KipperFaNaTic is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to KipperFaNaTic For This Useful Post:
Old 01-27-2021, 06:24 PM   #429
Strange Brew
Franchise Player

Exp:

Just now saw the replay of Tkachuk’s temper tantrum on the bench as he was leaving the ice. I hope it helps him I guess. It looked pretty ridiculous.
Strange Brew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2021, 06:56 PM   #430
chedder
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by KipperFaNaTic View Post

Let's go Tkachuk... be just like Iggy... turn this rage into focus and determination. Let's go.
Herein lies the problem. Has he shown that he can elevate his game after going into a rage? I haven't seen it yet. Maybe it will come with time. But if it doesn't then that will just be a greenlight to keep riling him up if you're the opposition.

Don't get me wrong, I love the guy but this team doesn't seem to have that guy that can carry everyone on their shoulders like Iggy could.
chedder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2021, 07:05 PM   #431
Red
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Friedman is speculating that Chucky was ticked off that no one came to his rescue/help. Wasnt the puck, he was mad at the teammates.

Woof...
Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2021, 07:10 PM   #432
Beatle17
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Sportsnet has really gone to ####. This "unwritten code" BS that guys like Anthony Stewart talk about, Burke and his two faced playing to the Toronto audience. Bieksa is just a ######. Friedman with his "inside info" which is never inside info but regurgitated garbage (can you say Darren Dreger). I would rather hear Kyper and Doug McLean than this herd of morons.
Beatle17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2021, 07:13 PM   #433
Harry Lime
Franchise Player

Exp:

I liked what Cory Sarich had to say on the radio today, which is pretty much my view as well. The problem is that no teammates jumped in an so much as gave any Toronto player a facewash. There is a lack of passion on this team.
Old 01-27-2021, 07:16 PM   #434
Red
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beatle17 View Post
Sportsnet has really gone to ####. This "unwritten code" BS that guys like Anthony Stewart talk about, Burke and his two faced playing to the Toronto audience. Bieksa is just a ######. Friedman with his "inside info" which is never inside info but regurgitated garbage (can you say Darren Dreger). I would rather hear Kyper and Doug McLean than this herd of morons.
It may not be what we want to hear sometimes, but discounting what recent NHL players are saying is silly. These guys know what they are talking about. They still know guys that are in the game and they all talk. Its a small community.
Red is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2021, 07:19 PM   #435
Beatle17
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red View Post
It may not be what we want to hear sometimes, but discounting what recent NHL players are saying is silly. These guys know what they are talking about. They still know guys that are in the game and they all talk. Its a small community.
Anthony Stewart was a "never been" player not a recent player. If you want to talk about Tkachuk landing on the goalie be smart enough to comment on the fact TJ Brodie shoved him, while another guy pulled his feet. 99% of the time if a guy ends up on the goalie look at the defencemen first.
Beatle17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2021, 07:44 PM   #436
PegCityFlamesFan
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red View Post
Its hard to take any kind of criticism. I can't stand listening to the Eastern media talk about any Canadian team most times, but I also know the do have a clue about aspects to the game ill never know. People think they know what hockeys like because most of us have played it, much like everyone has an opinion on teachers because we've all be in school.
Old 01-27-2021, 08:00 PM   #437
djsFlames
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

On the bright side Edmonton is still a raging dumpster fire! We've got nothing on that club for real, credible team issues.

Last edited by djsFlames; 01-27-2021 at 08:15 PM.
djsFlames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2021, 08:06 PM   #438
TheChief
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Toronto was junk over both games outside of one decent 1st period in the second game. These points could come back to haunt us later.

On the Tkachuk snap show at the end of the game. I like it. Looking forward to the next game vs the leafs.
TheChief is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to TheChief For This Useful Post:
Old 01-27-2021, 08:14 PM   #439
djsFlames
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Abso-f####ing-lutely.

On the flipside, imagine being on the winning team and doing that after the buzzer. You have to be the biggest piece of garbage. Doesn't matter that it's Tkachuk, from a sportsmanship standpoint it's a dick move.

Tkachuk does a lot of little sketchy things but always as means to affect the game in some way. He wouldnt pull that after a game is in the books and the mission has been accomplished.

Difference between a jerk with integrity that doesn't make it personal and just a ball-less dick.
djsFlames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2021, 10:14 PM   #440
Winsor_Pilates
Franchise Player

Exp:

I prey we can meet TO in the playoffs, knock them out and then have Chucky flip a puck at someone after the final whistle in the elimination game. After all, that's no big, right?
Winsor_Pilates is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Winsor_Pilates For This Useful Post: