Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community
Old 03-06-2021, 01:15 PM   #2881
dino7c
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muta View Post
EYES, an artificial vision company, opened at 2.29 today, and is currently sitting at 7.26

Back down to $5...which one of you bought it?

Burton Cummings invested?
Old 03-08-2021, 07:43 AM   #2882
MJK
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by dino7c View Post
Back down to $5...which one of you bought it?

Burton Cummings invested?
Up big today at $8.80
MJK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2021, 07:47 AM   #2883
MJK
Franchise Player

Exp:

Eyes @ $10.40 now...wow
Old 03-08-2021, 09:07 AM   #2884
Bonded
Franchise Player

Exp:

GME not dead yet.
Bonded is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Bonded For This Useful Post:
Old 03-08-2021, 11:46 AM   #2885
1_Flames_Fan
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Nice to see my 2000 shares of CBDT making a very slight comeback. Will need substantial improvement to get to break even but long term still looks OK I think.
1_Flames_Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to 1_Flames_Fan For This Useful Post:
Old 03-08-2021, 12:00 PM   #2886
bluejays
Franchise Player

Exp:

Any idea why Apple has been taking a bit of a hit recently? What is the economics of yield concerns with tech stocks? Apple on its own seems to be a company with little downside so I don’t quite understand why tech is taking a hit from yield concerns?
bluejays is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2021, 12:01 PM   #2887
Muta
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1_Flames_Fan View Post
Nice to see my 2000 shares of CBDT making a very slight comeback. Will need substantial improvement to get to break even but long term still looks OK I think.
Empower Clinics KAI Medical Laboratory Annual Revenue Run Rate Now Exceeding $10,000,000 USD. Empower Anticipates Order For Next 50,000 KAI Saliva PCR Test Kits To Prepare For Demand

AccessWire article from today
Muta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2021, 12:58 PM   #2888
Leondros
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muta View Post
Empower Clinics KAI Medical Laboratory Annual Revenue Run Rate Now Exceeding $10,000,000 USD. Empower Anticipates Order For Next 50,000 KAI Saliva PCR Test Kits To Prepare For Demand

AccessWire article from today
I am having a hard time finding any guidance in relation to their margin on these tests. Sure revenue is a nice story but their Q3 statements are dismal. In the 9 months YTD they burnt through $1.1M in cash from operations and their current ratio is alarming. They just had a significant warrant raise that only dilutes further. I personally have a hard time seeing a $200M valuation which is what it is trading at currently. A $10 or even $15M revenue run rate at best would suggest a 20x - 25x EBITDA to price, which is high.

Atleast that's how people used to look at stocks (fundamentals). It really is impossible to trade specs based on these.
Leondros is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2021, 01:27 PM   #2889
dino7c
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by fleury View Post
Any idea why Apple has been taking a bit of a hit recently? What is the economics of yield concerns with tech stocks? Apple on its own seems to be a company with little downside so I don’t quite understand why tech is taking a hit from yield concerns?
all my tech stocks are taking a beating...starting to look like everything was indeed over valued. Last year was fun...bloodbath on the way IMO
Old 03-08-2021, 02:05 PM   #2890
Table 5
Franchise Player

Exp:

Can't complain too much as I'm mostly in energy/commodities now, and those have been doing pretty well this year, but there definitely seems to be a rotation out of tech/healthcare/SPACs and into more traditional numbers-focused/value stocks now. People may actually start caring about fundamentals again!

Apple may not be as wildly valued as some, but it's probably going to get dragged down somewhat with the sector.
Table 5 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2021, 02:07 PM   #2891
jayswin
Celebrated Square Root Day

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Table 5 View Post
Can't complain too much as I'm mostly in energy/commodities now, and those have been doing pretty well this year, but there definitely seems to be a rotation out of tech/healthcare/SPACs and into more traditional numbers-focused/value stocks now. People may actually start caring about fundamentals again!

Apple may not be as wildly valued as some, but it's probably going to get dragged down somewhat with the sector.
It's probably a good thing if this influx of new investors start to look at fundamental investing instead of "where do I put my money to join the rollercoaster!!!?"
jayswin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2021, 02:08 PM   #2892
jayswin
Celebrated Square Root Day

Exp:

Like I said, I was very lucky to have blackberry and AMC (thank you manwiches for AMC!!) before the redditt stuff and cash out with a couple grand, but overall that is not my game.
jayswin is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to jayswin For This Useful Post:
Old 03-08-2021, 04:55 PM   #2893
Table 5
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayswin View Post
It's probably a good thing if this influx of new investors start to look at fundamental investing instead of "where do I put my money to join the rollercoaster!!!?"
For a while there, it seemed almost habitual to start your day expecting something in your portfolio to shoot up by 25-75%.

I don't think the tech/spac party is necessarily over, but I think the turtle is slowly starting to overtake the hare.
Table 5 is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Table 5 For This Useful Post:
Old 03-09-2021, 07:58 AM   #2894
MJK
Franchise Player

Exp:

Big open!
Old 03-09-2021, 09:31 AM   #2895
rain_e
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Got into UPI this morning (again). Some news about a $1.00 covid test that scans the finger under a minute.

Rolling the dice here. Low float so could move quickly on approval news.
rain_e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2021, 01:21 PM   #2896
Ace
First Line Centre

Exp:

So for CBDT is tomorrow some kind of a watch day? I understood from an interview that tomorrow is some kind of vesting or end of black out day for some shareholders. Any experts here have inputs on how it might play out?
Old 03-09-2021, 03:33 PM   #2897
Iggy_12
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by rain_e View Post
Got into UPI this morning (again). Some news about a $1.00 covid test that scans the finger under a minute.

Rolling the dice here. Low float so could move quickly on approval news.
when do you think this could move? Looks like it dipped today whats a good price to get in at?
Iggy_12 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Iggy_12 For This Useful Post:
Ace
Old 03-09-2021, 07:18 PM   #2898
tony-soprano
Scoring Winger

Exp:

$SOS is looking interesting, 57% of the float was shorted for March 8. Call options are looking cheap, likely due to the short reports from a few firms.
tony-soprano is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2021, 08:21 PM   #2899
IGGYRULES
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by tony-soprano View Post
$SOS is looking interesting, 57% of the float was shorted for March 8. Call options are looking cheap, likely due to the short reports from a few firms.
I read the short report and I wouldn't put a dime into SOS. I honestly don't think they have anything tangible. Also a Chinese outfit which I stay away from. Not enough oversight on these so many of the Chinese listed companies are ripe for fraud.
IGGYRULES is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to IGGYRULES For This Useful Post:
Old 03-09-2021, 08:53 PM   #2900
tony-soprano
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by IGGYRULES View Post
I read the short report and I wouldn't put a dime into SOS. I honestly don't think they have anything tangible. Also a Chinese outfit which I stay away from. Not enough oversight on these so many of the Chinese listed companies are ripe for fraud.
I’m just lookin for the quick pump, not long at all. Another Chinese firm gave them a $40 price target and Hindenburg I don’t trust either.

http://www.scorpio.vc/pdf/210303/c02...5b041f4728.pdf
tony-soprano is offline   Reply With Quote