Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community
Old 06-12-2022, 12:01 PM   #421
GreenLantern
One of the Nine

Exp:

My house finally got it. As a front line worker I figured we already had it at some point to be honest. We’ve had worse colds over the past few years, but it’s still pretty rough. Worst part is my two year old has it pretty bad, probably the worst of all of us. I’d trade all my sleep for her to be able to go 10 minutes without coughing at night.

The only one who’s 100% is the five year old. Just turned five so he hasn’t had a single dose yet. He’s got more energy than normal it even seems. Got it from their daycare, the family got it then closed the daycare… but obviously to late.

My wife and I are both triple vaccinated. Tired AF. Have to switch off sleeping while the other struggles through the kids. Lots more coughing today.

Day 1 I did a full work out before I tested, just felt like a cold, and was fine. I think if I tried today though I’d pass out.

This would technically be day four, so my work says I’m good to return as of tomorrow lol, sure doesn’t feel that way.
Old 06-12-2022, 08:13 PM   #422
Ashartus
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

My family got it too (adults with 3 doses, kids with 2), one of the kids got it probably at school and it spread through the house. Most of us it was really just like a cold, at first we didn't think it was Covid and probably weren't as careful as we should have been. Daughter had it first and tested negative initially. I got it next and tested positive, at which point my daughter and wife tested positive too (wife was asymptomatic and only tested because I was positive). Son got it a few days later. My wife (otherwise asymptomatic) and son both found their sense of taste was affected for a few days.

My cold symptoms only lasted about 4 days, but for a few more days I got really tired in the afternoons. Even now (~10 days after initial symptoms) I don't think my energy level is 100%.
Ashartus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2022, 08:59 PM   #423
photon
The new goggles also do nothing.

Exp:

My kid finally got it after my wife had it for the 2nd time (I've still not had it). Had it the week right before diplomas, good thing I checked the website for dates otherwise he would have had a pretty big surprise tomorrow.
Old 06-13-2022, 12:15 PM   #424
GreenLantern
One of the Nine

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by photon View Post
My kid finally got it after my wife had it for the 2nd time (I've still not had it). Had it the week right before diplomas, good thing I checked the website for dates otherwise he would have had a pretty big surprise tomorrow.
How far apart were her cases photon? I have a friend who just got it for the second time as well. He had OG Covid in the summer of 2020, and now two years later has tested positive again, with much milder symptoms than the first time..
Old 06-13-2022, 01:55 PM   #425
photon
The new goggles also do nothing.

Exp:

She had it in Dec/Jan the first time, so it could have been Omicron by that point I think? Then she had it a few weeks ago.
Old 06-14-2022, 01:03 PM   #426
Hack&Lube
Atomic Nerd

Exp:

So this is very odd, but one of my family members has muscular dystrophy affecting most motor skills in the hands and locomotion in the legs. After a bout with Covid, they got all their strength back and were able to do activities they normally were not able to do. Waiting to see if this is a temporary effect, possibly some kind of heightened immune response. Its the only positive thing I have ever heard to come out of recovery from Covid.
Hack&Lube is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Hack&Lube For This Useful Post:
Old 06-14-2022, 03:14 PM   #427
TorqueDog
Franchise Player

Exp:

... therapeutic COVID!
TorqueDog is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2022, 07:14 PM   #428
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hack&Lube View Post
So this is very odd, but one of my family members has muscular dystrophy affecting most motor skills in the hands and locomotion in the legs. After a bout with Covid, they got all their strength back and were able to do activities they normally were not able to do. Waiting to see if this is a temporary effect, possibly some kind of heightened immune response. Its the only positive thing I have ever heard to come out of recovery from Covid.
So...they became COVID Hulk?

This Post Has Been Distilled for the Eradication of Seemingly Incurable Sadness.
Locke is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Locke For This Useful Post:
Old 06-17-2022, 12:34 PM   #429
bizaro86
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hack&Lube View Post
That is super interesting! Hopefully they do some research on the mechanism of that, because it would be very exciting to have new treatments for muscular dystrophy!
bizaro86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2022, 02:29 PM   #430
_Q_
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

On my flight home from France 2 weeks ago, I sat beside some girl that was coughing up a lung that she "swore was just like allergies, because OMG I would literally never be out in public with COVID."

Well as soon as we got home, my wife and i got sick with what felt like a mild cold. 2 days later, I completely lost my sense of taste and my wife ended up with a fever. So we both tested and sure enough we were positive for COVID.

Honestly, for me, it wasn't that bad. I'm double vaxxed. It was just 4 days of runny nose, 2 days of zero taste and smell then another 5 days of blunted smell and taste. Maybe mildly lethargic for 2 days, though I pegged it more to jet lag than COVID. I just kept working though it (remotely).

I think my wife got it worse as she had a different vaccine than me. She was feeling like garbage for 5 days and still has a bit of a lingering cough.
_Q_ is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2022, 03:07 PM   #431
Fuzz
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Q_ View Post
On my flight home from France 2 weeks ago, I sat beside some girl that was coughing up a lung that she "swore was just like allergies, because OMG I would literally never be out in public with COVID."

Well as soon as we got home, my wife and i got sick with what felt like a mild cold. 2 days later, I completely lost my sense of taste and my wife ended up with a fever. So we both tested and sure enough we were positive for COVID.

Honestly, for me, it wasn't that bad. I'm double vaxxed. It was just 4 days of runny nose, 2 days of zero taste and smell then another 5 days of blunted smell and taste. Maybe mildly lethargic for 2 days, though I pegged it more to jet lag than COVID. I just kept working though it (remotely).

I think my wife got it worse as she had a different vaccine than me. She was feeling like garbage for 5 days and still has a bit of a lingering cough.
Just curious what quality mask you had on?
Fuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2022, 05:43 PM   #432
_Q_
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzz View Post
Just curious what quality mask you had on?
It was a blue and white medical mask that you get in a pack of 50.
_Q_ is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to _Q_ For This Useful Post:
Old 06-20-2022, 12:08 AM   #433
Torture
Loves Teh Chat!

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Q_ View Post

Back in October I was on a US flight departing from Florida, beside a lady that was hacking up a lung and devoured an *entire* package of halls during a 3 hour flight.

I'm sure she had covid and that I didn't catch it because I was wearing a N99.
Torture is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2022, 12:13 PM   #434
Flames0910
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Think you need to be careful with statements like this. You cannot know the difference was due to a less effective vaccine when there are so many other factors that could have influenced your wife's experience with COVID compared to your own.

Her immune system is different, she could have a less effective mask fit, she could have breathed it in more deeply, she could have other risk factors, or it could just be as simple as plain bad luck.

Last edited by Flames0910; 06-20-2022 at 12:17 PM.
Flames0910 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
covid