Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum > Food and Entertainment
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-21-2019, 10:27 AM   #2021
blankall
Ate 100 Treadmills

Exp:

^^^^

I just really hope the twist isn't that the people he thinks killed his wife are actually just targets the govt wants him to kill.
blankall is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2019, 10:56 AM   #2022
Cecil Terwilliger
That Crazy Guy at the Bus Stop

Exp:

I’m not sure you can call it a twist when they make that quite clear in the trailer.
Cecil Terwilliger is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Cecil Terwilliger For This Useful Post:
Old 10-21-2019, 12:15 PM   #2023
GreenLantern
One of the Nine

Exp:

I think he means I hope they didn't just Batman V Superman this and show us Doomsday in the trailer.

Trailer looks good though, also never read those comics.
Old 10-21-2019, 12:25 PM   #2024
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenLantern View Post
I think he means I hope they didn't just Batman V Superman this and show us Doomsday in the trailer.

Trailer looks good though, also never read those comics.
It may not be good....but it almost certainly wont be that bad...

This Post Has Been Distilled for the Eradication of Seemingly Incurable Sadness.

If you are flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a Fire Exit. - Mitch Hedberg
Locke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2019, 11:07 AM   #2025
Poe969
Franchise Player

Exp:

not many things will be bvs bad but I think giving away the end of the movie in the trailer is now considered bvs'ing a movie.
Old 10-22-2019, 03:39 PM   #2026
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poe969 View Post
not many things will be bvs bad but I think giving away the end of the movie in the trailer is now considered bvs'ing a movie.
Fair enough but in reality the terribleness of BvS was even more nuanced than that.

Once Doomsday was shown we knew who the prime villain was going to be, what was going to happen and how the movie was going to end.

It makes one wonder if they were aware that this story was told in 1992 and that pretty much everyone who has ever hefted a comic book knows it and knows how it ends.

Which makes it even more impressive that not only did they devastate the story for BvS but they actually also managed to defuse any and all suspense for Justice League.

The overall ineptitude is actually impressive in its own special way.

This Post Has Been Distilled for the Eradication of Seemingly Incurable Sadness.

If you are flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a Fire Exit. - Mitch Hedberg
Locke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2019, 04:45 PM   #2027
Harry Lime
Franchise Player

Exp:

Bloodshot isn't even the most interesting character in the Valiant Universe (tm), but probably the most accessible. I'm hoping that the movie is solid, so that there is a more adult comic universe out there, that kids will have to sneak into, as opposed to the opposite.
Old 10-22-2019, 04:48 PM   #2028
Rando
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by KTrain View Post
You've seen her in X-Men: First Class as "Angel". You've probably seen her in the Fantastic Beasts movies too.
First Class, Into the Spider-Verse and now Batman. That's three comic book pillars.
Rando is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2019, 03:21 PM   #2029
Nadal Fan
Franchise Player

Exp:

https://twitter.com/user/status/1187114538824429569
Nadal Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2019, 01:19 PM   #2030
GreenLantern
One of the Nine

Exp:

Quote:
According to Deadline, Joker is slated to bring in more than $464 million in profits off a potential $900 million box office run. The film is currently sitting at $745 million worldwide and is expected to rise to $825 million by the end of the weekend.

These numbers are quite impressive. While Avengers: Infinity War brought in about $500 million in profits (from $2 billion at the box office), the movie cost around $500 million to produce. By contrast, Joker's cost was $70 million (although some have it at $60 million).
https://www.cbr.com/joker-may-turn-b...-infinity-war/
Old 10-24-2019, 01:35 PM   #2031
Nadal Fan
Franchise Player

Exp:

Patty Jenkins has confirmed that Pedro Pascal is playing Maxwell Lord in WW84. As well, the first trailer will drop Dec 8th
Old 10-24-2019, 06:41 PM   #2032
OutOfTheCube
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cecil Terwilliger View Post
I’m not sure you can call it a twist when they make that quite clear in the trailer.
I think he means he hopes the trailer didn’t spoil the twist, that there’s more to it.
OutOfTheCube is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to OutOfTheCube For This Useful Post:
Old 10-25-2019, 09:58 AM   #2033
Nadal Fan
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Ryan Reynolds congratulating Joker after passing Deadpool to become the highest grossing R rated film of all time.

https://twitter.com/user/status/1187756233928990720
The Following 7 Users Say Thank You to Nadal Fan For This Useful Post:
Old 10-29-2019, 10:23 PM   #2034
GreenLantern
One of the Nine

Exp:

Ahhh yea, here we go!

Quote:
Green Lantern is soaring back to screens everywhere. HBO Max will adapt the Emerald Knight for the small screen in a new series on the streaming service.
https://www.cbr.com/green-lantern-series-hbo-max/

Queue the Top Gun music!!!
Old 10-29-2019, 11:34 PM   #2035
getbak
Franchise Player

Exp:

News also came out on Monday that the CW is developing a new Superman series to star Tyler Hoechlin & Elizabeth Tulloch. They have played Superman and Lois Lane on the Supergirl series in the last few seasons. They will also be in this season's CW/DC Crisis on Infinite Earths crossover event in December/January.

https://deadline.com/2019/10/superma...cw-1202770637/
Old 10-30-2019, 07:58 AM   #2036
KTrain
ALL ABOARD!

Exp:

Quote:
Ahhh yea, here we go!

https://www.cbr.com/green-lantern-series-hbo-max/

Queue the Top Gun music!!!
What does “Green Lantern inspired series” mean though...

Quote:
Originally Posted by getbak View Post
News also came out on Monday that the CW is developing a new Superman series to star Tyler Hoechlin & Elizabeth Tulloch. They have played Superman and Lois Lane on the Supergirl series in the last few seasons. They will also be in this season's CW/DC Crisis on Infinite Earths crossover event in December/January.

https://deadline.com/2019/10/superma...cw-1202770637/
Did anyone ask for this? It sounds like a terrible idea.

Also, what the hell happened to Supergirl. Granted I've only watched the first season but I don't remember the effects being this bad. This is fan video bad. 90s Power Rangers level acting.

https://twitter.com/user/status/1188696936372670465
KTrain is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to KTrain For This Useful Post:
Old 10-30-2019, 09:51 AM   #2037
blankall
Ate 100 Treadmills

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by KTrain View Post
What does “Green Lantern inspired series” mean though...

Did anyone ask for this? It sounds like a terrible idea.

Also, what the hell happened to Supergirl. Granted I've only watched the first season but I don't remember the effects being this bad. This is fan video bad. 90s Power Rangers level acting.

https://twitter.com/user/status/1188696936372670465

The fact that scene was filmed on the East side of my office building and clearly (at least to me) does not look like the public space is was supposed to be set in only adds to the crapiness of the look.

For whatever reason those CW shows are also insanely popular. People from Mexico and South America especially seem to love them and come on tours where they were all filmed. I think they're crap, but they continue to make money so we'll continue to see them for the foreseeable future.
Old 10-30-2019, 10:18 AM   #2038
GreenLantern
One of the Nine

Exp:

To be honest I'll probably pay attention to this Infinite Crisis event, just because I do love that comic arc and it is pretty cool to involve so many past and present DC TV personalities.

But I watched the first few seasons of Arrow, Flash was better, the rest I can't stomach.

As far as the GL series goes, obviously my initial reaction is that of sarcasm, I don't expect much. But if they can get good writers behind it, a buddy cop type set up with Hal/John would be what I would at least want them to try.
Old 10-30-2019, 10:31 AM   #2039
blankall
Ate 100 Treadmills

Exp:

Quote:
To be honest I'll probably pay attention to this Infinite Crisis event, just because I do love that comic arc and it is pretty cool to involve so many past and present DC TV personalities.

But I watched the first few seasons of Arrow, Flash was better, the rest I can't stomach.

As far as the GL series goes, obviously my initial reaction is that of sarcasm, I don't expect much. But if they can get good writers behind it, a buddy cop type set up with Hal/John would be what I would at least want them to try.
Theoretically, the GL series, which is being done by HBO Max and not just the CW, will be entirely different. The tagline of being " our biggest DC show ever made, we will be going to space with a Green Lantern television series" suggests to me that it will be focused around the Green Lantern Corps. They have the built in story arc of the Sinestro Corps War, War of Light, etc...

If the GL series is just another crappy DC/CW type series, it will really tarnish the HBO brand, IMO.

I'm not overly excited, but at the very least giving them the benefit of the doubt. I'm hoping we end up with something closer to the Watchmen (which is also a DC property) than another Smallville clone.
Old 10-30-2019, 10:46 AM   #2040
GreenLantern
One of the Nine

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by blankall View Post
Theoretically, the GL series, which is being done by HBO Max and not just the CW, will be entirely different. The tagline of being " our biggest DC show ever made, we will be going to space with a Green Lantern television series" suggests to me that it will be focused around the Green Lantern Corps. They have the built in story arc of the Sinestro Corps War, War of Light, etc...

If the GL series is just another crappy DC/CW type series, it will really tarnish the HBO brand, IMO.

I'm not overly excited, but at the very least giving them the benefit of the doubt. I'm hoping we end up with something closer to the Watchmen (which is also a DC property) than another Smallville clone.
Just to clarify I never meant to cross the CW series with HBO, although I can see how my post insinuated that.

HBO generally hits pretty good, so we will see what happens. I am definitely more optimistic about this than if another movie was announced by WB..