Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum > Food and Entertainment
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 12-17-2021, 09:23 PM   #4041
Hemi-Cuda
wins 10 internets

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CMPunk View Post
It amazes me how many of you have issues at the theater. I can't recall a single time I've gone where I've had any of the issues you folks have. Maybe I'm just lucky.
Same, I've seen almost every MCU movie in the theater plus many others, and in those 10+ years I can't remember ever having an issue
Hemi-Cuda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2021, 09:36 PM   #4042
Cole436
First Line Centre

Exp:

Are we doing spoilers? Because man was this film ####ing excellent.

Spoiler!

Last edited by Cole436; 12-17-2021 at 09:50 PM.
Cole436 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2021, 10:28 PM   #4043
djsFlames
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cole436 View Post
Are we doing spoilers? Because man was this film ####ing excellent.

Spoiler!
There's a spoiler friendly thread for the movie. Do repost there so that your points aren't lost!
djsFlames is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to djsFlames For This Useful Post:
Old 12-18-2021, 12:36 AM   #4044
Cecil Terwilliger
That Crazy Guy at the Bus Stop

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemi-Cuda View Post
Same, I've seen almost every MCU movie in the theater plus many others, and in those 10+ years I can't remember ever having an issue
What issue are you guys talking about? People sick with covid? I haven’t seen any other issues even mentioned and I only mentioned covid as a joke.

Speaking of which, I actually chuckled at the covid spreaders in the theatre. The second the lights go out this couple a couple of rows over spends the entire 2 hours and 40 minutes sniffling and coughing. Every quiet scene they could be heard. Sniffling and struggling to breath from two rows over.

I saw who I am pretty sure was them on my way out of the theatre, they looked like Ebola patient extras from Outbreak with Dustin Hoffman.

So I’m pretty sure my entire showing now has covid. I’m sure I’ll get a chance to pay it forward very soon.
Cecil Terwilliger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2021, 08:44 AM   #4045
Nadal Fan
Franchise Player

Exp:

Speaking of theatre etiquette, my crowd erupted in cheers similar to this multiple times during No way Home. Maybe I'm just becoming old and out of touch but this just feels forced and not genuine. I've only seen this behaviour at MCU films (End Game, Cap Marvel, NWH) , I never seen people act like this at LOTR or The Dark Knight trilogy or Hunger Games. Is this a younger audience thing or an MCU thing.

Last edited by Nadal Fan; 12-18-2021 at 08:47 AM.
Nadal Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2021, 09:58 AM   #4046
#-3
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Locke View Post
When is it going to hit Disney+?
When is Sony going to buckle and sell Spiderman back to Marvel?

Spoiler!
#-3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2021, 10:06 AM   #4047
#-3
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cecil Terwilliger View Post
What issue are you guys talking about? People sick with covid? I haven’t seen any other issues even mentioned and I only mentioned covid as a joke.
I assumed people were talking about loud kids, overly excited fan boys making a show of how much they enjoy the experience rather than letting everyone enjoy the experience.

Personally I have never had the issue, and I pretty much only go to MCU movies / cartoon blockbusters my kids insist on seeing in theaters right now, so I select for being likely to have this problem. Everything else I am content to wait for streaming.

T-minus 8 hours for my tickets, Spiderman movies are almost always my favorite, SM3 is really the only one that I didn't enjoy a lot. And based on the audience scores I'm pretty excited about this one.
Old 12-18-2021, 10:12 AM   #4048
Nadal Fan
Franchise Player

Exp:

https://twitter.com/user/status/1472237828301987841

Damn impressive
Old 12-18-2021, 12:32 PM   #4049
Cecil Terwilliger
That Crazy Guy at the Bus Stop

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by #-3 View Post
I assumed people were talking about loud kids, overly excited fan boys making a show of how much they enjoy the experience rather than letting everyone enjoy the experience.

Personally I have never had the issue, and I pretty much only go to MCU movies / cartoon blockbusters my kids insist on seeing in theaters right now, so I select for being likely to have this problem. Everything else I am content to wait for streaming.

T-minus 8 hours for my tickets, Spiderman movies are almost always my favorite, SM3 is really the only one that I didn't enjoy a lot. And based on the audience scores I'm pretty excited about this one.
I remember a kid talked thru a marvel movie once. I think it was civil war. I can’t recall many other bad theatre experiences. Beyond that the worst thing is theatres where people have full meals like the seton vip. I came to watch a movie, not smell your disgusting meal and listen to you stuff your face.

I think most of those cheering videos are staged. It’d also be annoying to miss a bunch of the movie because of clowns yelling and hollering. This isn’t a midnight showing of the room or rocky horror we’re talking about.

I rewatched far from home. It was even worse than I remembered. Made me appreciate no way home that much more. Mysterio was such a waste. Stolen Stark drones were the real villain. Even from the grave Stark’s weapons and tech are causing havoc. That’s the first two Spidey movies his villain is directly attributable to stark. Between this, Ultron and who knows what else I’m forgetting, maybe we should be glad he’s dead.

I think I’ll go back and watch SM2 next. Interesting all the Spidey movies are on Netflix except 2. It’s on prime.
Cecil Terwilliger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2021, 12:56 PM   #4050
Hemi-Cuda
wins 10 internets

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cecil Terwilliger View Post
I rewatched far from home. It was even worse than I remembered. Made me appreciate no way home that much more. Mysterio was such a waste. Stolen Stark drones were the real villain. Even from the grave Stark’s weapons and tech are causing havoc. That’s the first two Spidey movies his villain is directly attributable to stark. Between this, Ultron and who knows what else I’m forgetting, maybe we should be glad he’s dead.
Well Stark's tech did prevent New York from getting nuked and stopped Thanos from snapping the other half of the universe into oblivion, so I'd say the benefits to having him around were still pretty good
Old 12-18-2021, 03:36 PM   #4051
KTrain
ALL ABOARD!

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nadal Fan View Post
Speaking of theatre etiquette, my crowd erupted in cheers similar to this multiple times during No way Home. Maybe I'm just becoming old and out of touch but this just feels forced and not genuine. I've only seen this behaviour at MCU films (End Game, Cap Marvel, NWH) , I never seen people act like this at LOTR or The Dark Knight trilogy or Hunger Games. Is this a younger audience thing or an MCU thing.
On a whim, I went to see Phantom Menace on opening night in LA (layover on a trip from Mexico). It was an experience. Everyone in the theatre was shouting at the screen and cheering. It made that movie better.

Friends and I as a laugh decided to get boozed up and see a midnight showing of Spice World on opening night. Likely really boozed up. Everyone else seemed to have had the same idea. It was a hilarious night at the movies watching that piece of garbage.

But I do agree with you now. I just want complete silence to enjoy the movie. We had cheers in our theatre for No Way Home as well. It was fun the first time but got stale.
KTrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2021, 05:56 PM   #4052
djsFlames
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

You're not human if you and your audience sat in silence at a couple particular moments in that movie.
djsFlames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2021, 11:20 PM   #4053
#-3
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Honestly the guy sitting next to me walked into the movie during previews with his cellphone light on to read the seat numbers (they're lit). Then him and the guy behind me were over enthusiastically cheering the big reveals.

I guess that's what I get for saying I haven't really had that problem before. I don't think it does anything for the experience at all. I don't mind people chuckling at laugh lines, but you don't need to shout that you understood every reference to the entire theater.
The Following User Says Thank You to #-3 For This Useful Post:
Old 12-19-2021, 07:17 PM   #4054
Hemi-Cuda
wins 10 internets

Exp:

Finally got around to watching the 2nd Venom movie, and man what a frustrating franchise. They managed to do justice to the actual Venom character (mostly thanks to Tom Hardy), but everything else about both movies is just so bad. Bad acting, bad dialogue, bad writing, Hardy is the only redeeming factor. I really hope he finds his way to the MCU so that Marvel writers can finally give him a decent movie
Old 12-22-2021, 09:22 AM   #4055
Nadal Fan
Franchise Player

Exp:

https://twitter.com/user/status/1473624241803337728

Spiderman was a special movie but I think Flash is shaping up to be pretty special as well.
Old 12-22-2021, 04:00 PM   #4056
Nadal Fan
Franchise Player

Exp:

My top 10 Sci fi of the year. Please note I haven't seen Eternals, Bond, Snake Eyes , Kingsman or Matrix yet.

10) Mortal Kombat
9) Space Jam
8) Kong vs Godzilla
7) Venom 2
6) Black Widow
5) Shang Chi
4) Suicide Squad
3) Dune
2) Spiderman
1) ZS Justice League
Old 12-22-2021, 04:03 PM   #4057
OutOfTheCube
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
My top 10 Sci fi of the year. Please note I haven't seen Eternals, Bond, Snake Eyes , Kingsman or Matrix yet.

10) Mortal Kombat
9) Space Jam
8) Kong vs Godzilla
7) Venom 2
6) Black Widow
5) Shang Chi
4) Suicide Squad
3) Dune
2) Spiderman
1) ZS Justice League
A top 10 sci-fi movies list with only one sci-fi movie in it, nice...?
OutOfTheCube is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2021, 04:37 PM   #4058
Nadal Fan
Franchise Player

Exp:

Well sci Fi/ Comic book list. Movies that get talked about in this thread.
The Following User Says Thank You to Nadal Fan For This Useful Post:
Old 12-22-2021, 04:43 PM   #4059
getbak
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Spiderman was a special movie but I think Flash is shaping up to be pretty special as well.

Michael Shannon as Zod? Will Barry create an alternate timeline where Superman was defeated?

Also, I wonder if it's a typo or a multiverse joke that Keaton was listed twice?
Old 12-22-2021, 04:48 PM   #4060
KTrain
ALL ABOARD!

Exp:

Quote:

10) Mortal Kombat
9) Space Jam
8) Kong vs Godzilla
7) Venom 2
6) Black Widow
5) Shang Chi
4) Suicide Squad
3) Dune
2) Spiderman
1) ZS Justice League
No Ghostbusters: Afterlife?
KTrain is offline   Reply With Quote