Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum > Food and Entertainment
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-10-2021, 11:11 AM   #3101
blankall
Ate 100 Treadmills

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nadal Fan View Post
New details about a 5th Predator movie came out today. It takes place in the past in North America before Europeans came. It will follow a 15 year old Comanche girl and her 18 year old brother battling a Predator. Sounds cool and something different from the other ones in the franchise. Honestly I really enjoyed all the Predator films except the new one which is terrible.
It's just such simple formula that they continually screw up. The new one was just weird. Half goonies/half predator. Predator 1/2 and Predators were all solid. They captured the basic premise, which is just a predator in X setting preying on people. They don't need to introduce funky predator variants. Solid human characters are great, but, honestly, I don't need a lame side story about some kid dealing with his parents' divorce.

Give us the predator hunting. Maybe a few tidbits of lore about their universe and motivations. Make the action cool.......and cut.
blankall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2021, 11:18 AM   #3102
GreenLantern
One of the Nine

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainCrunch View Post
They need to do a Predator in the past that ends up battling a key historical figure.

Hey maybe something like Predator versus Abe Lincoln

Or Predator vs Stalin.
They could go full Assassins Creed on this and just have tons of different timelines. Predator: Jurassic Era.

I want to see the Predator battling Velociraptor's, thinking its hunting them, but turns out the Predator is actually being hunted. Then he looks sideways at the camera and says "clever girl" in garbled alien speech before being ripped to shreds.

I'm still angry at Predator 2 for Arnold not showing up. As a kid I was so excited to see my hero back in action, I remember my Mom trying to break it to me that he wasn't in the movie but I was in full denial.
Old 02-11-2021, 08:06 AM   #3103
KTrain
ALL ABOARD!

Exp:

Great casting. Even better to see it's written by the creator of Chernobyl.

Bella Ramsey and Pedro Pascal to star in The Last of Us TV series

Game of Thrones actors Bella Ramsey and Pedro Pascal – who also stars in Disney’s Star Wars spinoff The Mandalorian – have been cast in HBO’s television adaptation of blockbusting video game series The Last of Us. They will take on the roles of Ellie and Joel in the forthcoming drama.

Written by Craig Mazin, creator of the acclaimed Chernobyl miniseries, and scripted by Druckmann, the HBO tie-in is set to follow the events of the original Last of Us game. Set 20 years after a zombifying pandemic sweeps across North America, grizzled survivor Joel is tasked with transporting teenager Ellie across the country to a lab where a cure is being developed. According to the Hollywood Reporter, the script will also include material from The Last of Us 2, which is set five years after the original game. In a BBC radio interview, Mazin hinted that the TV version would fill out and expand on the narrative, but would not undo any elements already established in the games.

https://www.theguardian.com/games/20...es-video-games
KTrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2021, 08:41 AM   #3104
CorsiHockeyLeague
Franchise Player

Exp:

Here's hoping that they a)don't #### around too much with it, and b) the original game takes 4 seasons to complete. Literally. Do it as seasons.

Also, not that I have anything against Pascal but really? The lack of imagination in casting is pretty funny. "Well, he did okay with the alien version, so let's give him a little girl to gradually develop a bond with this time". There are other actors. And I don't think he's old enough.
"The great promise of the Internet was that more information would automatically yield better decisions. The great disappointment is that more information actually yields more possibilities to confirm what you already believed anyway." - Brian Eno
CorsiHockeyLeague is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2021, 10:22 AM   #3105
KTrain
ALL ABOARD!

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CorsiHockeyLeague View Post
Here's hoping that they a)don't #### around too much with it, and b) the original game takes 4 seasons to complete. Literally. Do it as seasons.

Also, not that I have anything against Pascal but really? The lack of imagination in casting is pretty funny. "Well, he did okay with the alien version, so let's give him a little girl to gradually develop a bond with this time". There are other actors. And I don't think he's old enough.
Pedro is 45 years old. The Last of Us timeline says Joel was born in 84 or 85 and had Sarah in 2001. The age is right. Living in the apocalypse must age you.

My only complaint about Pedro would be that he's not really a physically imposing guy like Joel is.
Old 02-11-2021, 10:26 AM   #3106
GGG
Franchise Player

Exp:

I hope we get wonder women Pedro.
GGG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2021, 04:28 PM   #3107
CorsiHockeyLeague
Franchise Player

Exp:

Sorry, he had Sarah when he was 16?! Uh, okay...

I always figured he was in his early 30s when she died and thus around 50-55 during TLOU1.
"The great promise of the Internet was that more information would automatically yield better decisions. The great disappointment is that more information actually yields more possibilities to confirm what you already believed anyway." - Brian Eno
CorsiHockeyLeague is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2021, 10:43 PM   #3108
Harry Lime
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CorsiHockeyLeague View Post
Sorry, he had Sarah when he was 16?! Uh, okay...

I always figured he was in his early 30s when she died and thus around 50-55 during TLOU1.
16-30-50-55-TLOU1
Code received
Jets are being scrambled
Old 02-12-2021, 10:31 AM   #3109
Nadal Fan
Franchise Player

Exp:

Granny is watching.....

https://twitter.com/user/status/1360276031446294529
Nadal Fan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2021, 12:00 PM   #3110
GreenLantern
One of the Nine

Exp:

Ohh Granny Goodness, cool.
Old 02-14-2021, 08:49 AM   #3111
Nadal Fan
Franchise Player

Exp:

https://twitter.com/user/status/1360971287472996357
The Following User Says Thank You to Nadal Fan For This Useful Post:
Old 02-14-2021, 10:08 AM   #3112
Harry Lime
Franchise Player

Exp:

Very little new footage shot, but full plotlines for Darkseid and the Joker? Super easy, barely an inconvenience.
Old 02-14-2021, 02:46 PM   #3113
Erick Estrada
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by KTrain View Post
Great casting. Even better to see it's written by the creator of Chernobyl.

Bella Ramsey and Pedro Pascal to star in The Last of Us TV series

Game of Thrones actors Bella Ramsey and Pedro Pascal – who also stars in Disney’s Star Wars spinoff The Mandalorian – have been cast in HBO’s television adaptation of blockbusting video game series The Last of Us. They will take on the roles of Ellie and Joel in the forthcoming drama.

Written by Craig Mazin, creator of the acclaimed Chernobyl miniseries, and scripted by Druckmann, the HBO tie-in is set to follow the events of the original Last of Us game. Set 20 years after a zombifying pandemic sweeps across North America, grizzled survivor Joel is tasked with transporting teenager Ellie across the country to a lab where a cure is being developed. According to the Hollywood Reporter, the script will also include material from The Last of Us 2, which is set five years after the original game. In a BBC radio interview, Mazin hinted that the TV version would fill out and expand on the narrative, but would not undo any elements already established in the games.

https://www.theguardian.com/games/20...es-video-games
Apparently John Cena will play Abby.

Erick Estrada is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Erick Estrada For This Useful Post:
Old 02-14-2021, 05:20 PM   #3114
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry Lime View Post
Very little new footage shot, but full plotlines for Darkseid and the Joker? Super easy, barely an inconvenience.

It looks like a ZS movie, didn't show a lot of or any of Aquaman and Flash (Who needs to be gutted from the movie).

Frankly the cut could be 60 minutes of lego batman and it would be better then the original movie.

Look on my Works, ye Mighty, and despair!
CaptainCrunch is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to CaptainCrunch For This Useful Post:
Old 02-15-2021, 01:28 PM   #3115
Nadal Fan
Franchise Player

Exp:

Almost 10 million views for the Snyder Cut trailer.....this movie is going to be huge. The theatrical cut of JL probably has maybe 30 minutes of the same footage. So basically 3.5hrs of brand new footage this is going to be nothing like what we saw in theatres.
Old 02-15-2021, 01:30 PM   #3116
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Almost 10 million views for the Snyder Cut trailer.....this movie is going to be huge. The theatrical cut of JL probably has maybe 30 minutes of the same footage. So basically 3.5hrs of brand new footage this is going to be nothing like what we saw in theatres.
That could go either way as a blessing or a curse, but it could hardly be worse.

Its a complete do-over with years of hindsight.

But I dont think I'll ever be convinced that this was Snyder's 'Original Vision.'

This Post Has Been Distilled for the Eradication of Seemingly Incurable Sadness.

If you are flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a Fire Exit. - Mitch Hedberg
Locke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2021, 01:32 PM   #3117
KTrain
ALL ABOARD!

Exp:

Going into the Snyder Cut with cautious optimism. I'm not sure how they have so much unused footage to fill a 4 hour movie but I'll be watching anyway. While BvS and Justice League were messes. There were some bright spots and I do enjoy the characters so hopefully he pulls off a miracle.

I'd rather go into this with a bit of hope, rather than the burning pessimism some others seem to have.
The Following User Says Thank You to KTrain For This Useful Post:
Old 02-15-2021, 01:48 PM   #3118
Coach
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
I dunno. I’m one of those views. And one of the biggest comic fans I know. And I’m open to this new cut (as I never saw the original outside the first few minutes). And the trailer gave me a big “meh” feeling.

Just don’t care about any of these characters or why they need to fight together.
Old 02-15-2021, 01:58 PM   #3119
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coach View Post
I dunno. I’m one of those views. And one of the biggest comic fans I know. And I’m open to this new cut (as I never saw the original outside the first few minutes). And the trailer gave me a big “meh” feeling.

Just don’t care about any of these characters or why they need to fight together.
Oh hey, I want it to be good too. But theres is no way in Hell I am going to abide the Zack Snyder "This was my Original Vision" BS.

There is just no way I'm going to be sold that bill of goods.

And 'being better than the theatrical release' is not a high bar either.

This Post Has Been Distilled for the Eradication of Seemingly Incurable Sadness.

If you are flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a Fire Exit. - Mitch Hedberg
Old 02-15-2021, 02:07 PM   #3120
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Miraculously the 'Snyder Cut' got way better CGI?

Steppenwolf all of a sudden doesnt look like a Circus Clown?

Oh yeah, that was all Snyder's vision that he filmed 4 years ago and cobbled together using unused footage and not revisionist history nonsense at all.