Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > Other Sports: Football, Baseball, Local Hockey, Etc...
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-23-2020, 12:27 PM   #61
shermanator
Franchise Player

Exp:

Alphonso Davies just a fight away from a Gordie Howe hat trick today.

shermanator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2020, 02:01 PM   #62
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Martin Hinteregger with the Hat-Trick!

This Post Has Been Distilled for the Eradication of Seemingly Incurable Sadness.

If you are flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a Fire Exit. - Mitch Hedberg
Locke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2020, 12:57 PM   #63
agulati
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by shermanator View Post
Good to see Canada have some star power gearing up for the 2026 World Cup.
agulati is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2020, 10:34 AM   #64
Bill Bumface
My face is a bum!

Exp:

A neat little piece about Alphonso Davies' transfer to Bayern:

https://postmedia.us.janrainsso.com/...me-to-fruition

It's pretty awesome how his agent is still his family friend. All signs so far seem to point to him having Davies' and his family's best interests at heart.
Bill Bumface is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Bill Bumface For This Useful Post:
Old 05-26-2020, 09:12 AM   #65
cheevers
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Mid-week games start today with Der Klassiker: Dortmund v Bayern. Huge game for the title race. Have to think with a Bayern victory the title is theirs.
cheevers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2020, 11:10 AM   #66
Senator Clay Davis
Franchise Player

Exp:

Ridiculously over the top take, but Alphonso Davies is faster than prime Usain Bolt.
Old 05-26-2020, 11:14 AM   #67
M*A*S*H 4077
Franchise Player

Exp:

Kimmich! Beauty chip!
M*A*S*H 4077 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2020, 12:22 PM   #68
M*A*S*H 4077
Franchise Player

Exp:

Neuer was better than Burki and that’s the difference. Huge 3 points
Old 05-26-2020, 12:42 PM   #69
devo22
Franchise Player

Exp:

well RIP Bundesliga season, yet again. That's what, 8 titles in a row? So ####ing tiresome if you're not a Bayern fan. Hopefully Leipzig, Dortmund or even Leverkusen can put together a run next year or the season beyond that, the league desperately needs this.
devo22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2020, 01:02 PM   #70
agulati
Franchise Player

Exp:

We do have the Lewandowski chasing the record to watch for. That is what they push every single match.
agulati is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2020, 01:09 PM   #71
cheevers
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Once again Sportsnet is trash. Not only do they show old Jay's games instead of another live game, but their Sportsnet Now is not showing the Werder game
cheevers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2020, 02:04 PM   #72
M*A*S*H 4077
Franchise Player

Exp:

Wolfsburg pumping Leverkusen 4-0 now. Absolute domination. Seems whenever Leverkusen has expectations on them they go out and lay an egg
Old 05-27-2020, 11:00 AM   #73
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by shermanator View Post
Quote:
The way Alphonso Davies was running up and down the left flank for Bayern Munich on Tuesday had his teammates comparing him to a cartoon character: the Road Runner.

On his fastest run, the left-back was clocked at a top speed of 35.3 kph (21.9 mph).

"Alphonso is a player with a lot of heart and a lot of power, with extreme power," Bayern forward Thomas Muller said. "Sometimes maybe he is not in the best position on the field, but he gets the opponent thinking, 'Oh, I have time, I have time,' and then, 'Meep, meep! Meep, meep!' The Road Runner, the FC Bayern Road Runner, comes and steals the ball."
https://global.espn.com/football/bay...tmunds-haaland

This Post Has Been Distilled for the Eradication of Seemingly Incurable Sadness.

If you are flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a Fire Exit. - Mitch Hedberg
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Locke For This Useful Post:
Old 05-27-2020, 12:13 PM   #74
devo22
Franchise Player

Exp:

Jarstein gifting Leipzig the lead. Terrible mistake.

https://twitter.com/user/status/1265705220950175745
devo22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2020, 12:36 PM   #75
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by devo22 View Post
Jarstein gifting Leipzig the lead. Terrible mistake.

https://twitter.com/user/status/1265705220950175745
That was.....hilarious.

He looked like he had it and then...

Old 05-28-2020, 02:24 AM   #76
ditty
Backup Goalie

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by devo22 View Post
well RIP Bundesliga season, yet again. That's what, 8 titles in a row? So ####ing tiresome if you're not a Bayern fan. Hopefully Leipzig, Dortmund or even Leverkusen can put together a run next year or the season beyond that, the league desperately needs this.
I agree that the Bayern basically sewing up the title with 6 matches left isn't great. However, last season's title came down to the last match day, if that's any consolation and at least Leipzig and Dortmund both seem to have the resources to at least push Bayern. Having said that, we'll see if Leipzig hang onto Upamecano, Sabitzer, Werner, etc.

I think what's disappointing about this season is that Dortmund appeared finally poised with both the talent and squad depth to finally top Bayern. After Bayern's shaky start to the season under Kovac and their injury issues to their backline, it was definitely Dortmund's to win but they kept pissing away points to lower teams and again got zero points head-to-head with Bayern. I'm afraid Bayern will be deeper and more stable next season. I think they'll likely add a RB, a playmaker to replace Coutinho and maybe Leroy Sane. Plus, a healthy Hernandez and Süle will be like new additions. That will give them the option to push Alaba back to LB, Davies further up the pitch if they wish, etc. I think Bayern could be back to really challenging for the European Cup again.
ditty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2020, 08:50 AM   #77
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ditty View Post
I agree that the Bayern basically sewing up the title with 6 matches left isn't great. However, last season's title came down to the last match day, if that's any consolation and at least Leipzig and Dortmund both seem to have the resources to at least push Bayern. Having said that, we'll see if Leipzig hang onto Upamecano, Sabitzer, Werner, etc.

I think what's disappointing about this season is that Dortmund appeared finally poised with both the talent and squad depth to finally top Bayern. After Bayern's shaky start to the season under Kovac and their injury issues to their backline, it was definitely Dortmund's to win but they kept pissing away points to lower teams and again got zero points head-to-head with Bayern. I'm afraid Bayern will be deeper and more stable next season. I think they'll likely add a RB, a playmaker to replace Coutinho and maybe Leroy Sane. Plus, a healthy Hernandez and Süle will be like new additions. That will give them the option to push Alaba back to LB, Davies further up the pitch if they wish, etc. I think Bayern could be back to really challenging for the European Cup again.
This is the thing, Bayern were old and re-tooling their entire squad and really struggling to do all of that under Kovac, it really was there for the taking.

But regardless, Bayern always have a plan. They're getting younger and deeper and look to be resurgent in Europe again but the opportunity was there and nobody took it.

And by all appearances Werner is gone. He'll be wearing Red next season, just a question of where.

Old 05-28-2020, 09:01 AM   #78
Howie_16
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Huge game for my Hamburgers today in Stuttgart, on my birthday to boot because of the COVID! The only thing possibly better would be a Flames game on my birthday!

An Auswärtssieg (away win) and the 3 points would go a long way to securing automatic promotion back to the first division. NUR DER HSV!

MATCH PREVIEW IN ENGLISH

https://www.hsv.de/en/news/hsv-hit-t...e-in-stuttgart
Howie_16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2020, 11:24 AM   #79
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Hamburger.

Now I'm hungry.

Old 05-28-2020, 12:56 PM   #80
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Pohjanpalo!

Tags
edmonton ist nicht gut , nur der hsv! , scheiss bayern , scheiss sankt pauli , scheiss werder bremen