Old 05-23-2018, 06:43 PM   #102
Beninho
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by d_phaneuf View Post
Neymar is still the biggest whinger in world football

Nothings changed
People like you just love to hate him and over anylyze him, he’s had a micro scope on him since he was 16. He’s one of the most exciting players in the world to watch and is the only one with the balls to try certain moves on the field. Fact is he’s always the no.1 or no.2 most fouled player in football every year and is kicked and hacked every game. He’s also incredibly competitive and never has games where you question his determination and always leaves everything on the field. “Western” media hates him as they’ve made him the poster child for greed and selfishness, even tho he’s one of the best passers and creators in the world and makes everyone around him better.

For me he’s in the top 3 Brazilian players I’ve seen in my lifetime and it’s a shame people don’t enjoy his football more. I’m sure if he was white and In the premier league people would have much different things to say about him.

The crying in this thread if he wins the world cup will be hilarious.

Last edited by Beninho; 05-23-2018 at 07:09 PM.
Beninho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2018, 07:17 PM   #103
cam_wmh
Franchise Player

Exp:

Lol

Woe is victim you
cam_wmh is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to cam_wmh For This Useful Post:
Old 05-23-2018, 07:22 PM   #104
Beninho
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by cam_wmh View Post
Lol

Woe is victim you
I’m not playing the victim, just explaining that people hate neymar especially premier league fans for many reasons that I view as irrational. The whole “premier league” players don’t dive and complain is complete non-sense.

Last edited by Beninho; 05-23-2018 at 07:28 PM.
Old 05-23-2018, 07:26 PM   #105
GirlySports
NOT breaking news

Exp:

Messi and Ronaldo aren't white either. You are making no sense.

GirlySports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2018, 07:29 PM   #106
Beninho
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GirlySports View Post
Messi and Ronaldo aren't white either. You are making no sense.
Are you ####ing serious? They are both very much white and Ronaldo dives way way more but is heralded as a saint in British press. He barely even dribbles outside the opponents own final third anymore but still finds countless opportunities to dive.

It’s not a South American thing but a football thing, posters here seem to think it’s a South American issue because they have a preconceived notion that South Americans complain and dive more and that their own league is far more “refined”. Labeling players as whiners and cheaters is a label that has been given disproportionately to central and South American players while people just turn a blind eye to the Harry Kane dive vs Juventus amongst many other instances when British or German players play act and complain.That’s just complete bull#### but fits the views of your average premier league fan.

Last edited by Beninho; 05-23-2018 at 07:52 PM.
Old 05-23-2018, 07:52 PM   #107
nik-
Franchise Player

Exp:

Ronaldo dives his way to Ballon D'ors
nik- is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to nik- For This Useful Post:
Old 05-23-2018, 08:36 PM   #108
GirlySports
NOT breaking news

Exp:

I thought only Italians dove.

Old 05-24-2018, 03:35 AM   #109
Party Elephant
First Line Centre

Exp:

Boy if it's this heated in here now just imagine how it will be a couple of weeks from now!
Party Elephant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2018, 07:09 AM   #110
Bagor
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beninho View Post
I’m sure if he was white and In the premier league people would have much different things to say about him.
Get a grip

Bagor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2018, 08:37 AM   #111
CroFlames
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
I’m sure if he was white and In the premier league people would have much different things to say about him.

LoL gimme an effin break dude.

Are there a bunch of Pele haters in this thread that I don't know about?

I still defend the original (and now fat) Ronaldo as one of the best strikers ever.

People in some backwater Belorussian league might have a problem with a guy's skin color, but people in this thread don't. And I have no problem speaking on behalf of everyone, and in fact I think you crossed the line with that statement. You basically called us all racists.

Don't get so butthurt over your team. Brazil has assembled a great squad and Neymar is a superstar player. Does he dive and whine? Yes. Does it make us bad people to say so? Obviously not.

Do you not routinely frequent the E=NG thread where its a McDavid bashing 24/7? People love to hate stars, its how sports is and its brutal in 2018 we need to make it clear it has nothing to do with his skin.
CroFlames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2018, 08:53 AM   #112
cam_wmh
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Are you ####ing serious? They are both very much white and Ronaldo dives way way more but is heralded as a saint in British press. He barely even dribbles outside the opponents own final third anymore but still finds countless opportunities to dive.

It’s not a South American thing but a football thing, posters here seem to think it’s a South American issue because they have a preconceived notion that South Americans complain and dive more and that their own league is far more “refined”. Labeling players as whiners and cheaters is a label that has been given disproportionately to central and South American players while people just turn a blind eye to the Harry Kane dive vs Juventus amongst many other instances when British or German players play act and complain.That’s just complete bull#### but fits the views of your average premier league fan.
Lol you’re new around here, so we’ll give you a mulligan.
Take a peek at the premier thread, to read about any poster ripping into the diving of any of young, kane, sterling, alli, etc

Your narrative that we don’t like any player, due to his skin colour is, so pedestrian. You’ve obviously been triggered to pull the race card, but nothing in this thread is caused it. Take a breath, and share — but seeing red and replying in haste, isn’t very becoming.
Old 05-24-2018, 09:04 AM   #113
ResAlien
Lifetime In Suspension

Exp:

These arguments are ridiculous. Everyone knows El Tri with Layundowski and Lozano will steamroll their group. Starting centre backs all injured? No problem. Possible drug lord and septuagenarian on the roster? Perfect. Total lack of striker depth? Zero issues.
ResAlien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2018, 10:48 AM   #114
SuperMatt18
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GirlySports View Post
I thought only Italians dove.
Who's that?...I don't see that team listed on the World Cup bracket.

SuperMatt18 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to SuperMatt18 For This Useful Post:
Old 05-24-2018, 10:59 AM   #115
GirlySports
NOT breaking news

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperMatt18 View Post
Who's that?...I don't see that team listed on the World Cup bracket.

long term i think it's actually good they didn't make it. Lots of warts in the FIGC and hiring Mancini will start the rebuild.

First of all, it means Balotelli is back!

Old 05-24-2018, 11:38 AM   #116
Beninho
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Reina was better.

My problem (call it anecdotal), with the Brazilians, nay South American's is the prevalence of gross, systemic simulation. Until they play in the EPL, and have it beat out of them.

Sure, there are bad apples on many of the other continents teams, but the South American's are disproportionate in exaggerated diving. When they don't though, they play some beautiful, beautiful football.
My comments were mostly addressing this statement, which after thinking it over I made a irrational remark about if Neymar was white and in the premier league people would have different things to say about him. I wasn’t calling anyone in this thread a racist, just expressing frustration with the football worlds perecieved notion of South American players. This was not meant to attack anyone in this thread as racists and my apologies if t came off as such. I promise I will only discuss football and things related to the World Cup from now on in this thread.

Sometimes I get over-zealous in my posts and I forget that certain things can be perecieved differently than I intended.

Last edited by Beninho; 05-24-2018 at 11:40 AM.
The Following 6 Users Say Thank You to Beninho For This Useful Post:
Old 05-24-2018, 11:46 AM   #117
cam_wmh
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
My comments were mostly addressing this statement, which after thinking it over I made a irrational remark about if Neymar was white and in the premier league people would have different things to say about him. I wasn’t calling anyone in this thread a racist, just expressing frustration with the football worlds perecieved notion of South American players. This was not meant to attack anyone in this thread as racists and my apologies if t came off as such. I promise I will only discuss football and things related to the World Cup from now on in this thread.

Sometimes I get over-zealous in my posts and I forget that certain things can be perecieved differently than I intended.
Appreciate it, all in good discourse.

Question of you. Fred is rumoured to be joining United this summer.
What's your take on him?
The Following User Says Thank You to cam_wmh For This Useful Post:
Old 05-24-2018, 11:57 AM   #118
Beninho
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Appreciate it, all in good discourse.

Question of you. Fred is rumoured to be joining United this summer.
What's your take on him?
I appreciate it! After looking over my posts I definitely was bringing in opinions that should not be in this thread and I feel slightly embarrassed by it so I really do apologize if I rubbed anyone the wrong way!

Fred has made great strides since he got popped for PED’s which was a huge down point in his career. If you asked me my opinion on him 2 years ago I would say he was a player that was confused on what position he plays. I think now he clearly understands his role as a box-box midfielder. He’s got really good pace, has scored some very nice goals for Shaktar, and showed that he can perform in a major European competition and not just in the Ukrainian league. He’s very much a Swiss Army knife type of midfielder and I’m not surprised he was picked for Brazil because Tite loves these types of players and Fred obviously made a big impression on him in training. Tite picked Fred over Jorginho, Arthur and Fabinho. I’ve seen comparisons to Fernandinho but I don’t think he will ever control a mid field like him. He’s a unique type of player that Mourinho would probably love because you can use him in multiple different positions in the mid field. The World Cup will be a big test for him, I’m not too sure how much he will play but I do think he will play an important role for Brazil off the bench. Fred would could become a very good squad player for United and is very much a Mourinho type of player. The transfer would make a lot of sense.

Hope this helps!

Last edited by Beninho; 05-24-2018 at 12:03 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to Beninho For This Useful Post:
Old 05-24-2018, 12:16 PM   #119
CroFlames
Franchise Player

Exp:

That was a very mature and tasteful response Beninho.

We can discuss and razz and all be friends at the end of the day.

Except the Italians. We all agree they are divers.
CroFlames is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to CroFlames For This Useful Post:
Old 05-24-2018, 12:23 PM   #120
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

What the hell happened in here? I cant leave you people alone for even a few minutes.

We started off on the War and decades of general European strife and we wandered all the way through the Holocaust and into racism.

Impressive stuff. This is going to be a hell of a tournament.

This Post Has Been Distilled for the Eradication of Seemingly Incurable Sadness.

If you are flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a Fire Exit. - Mitch Hedberg
Locke is online now   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Locke For This Useful Post:

Tags
cry for argentina , diving , it's not coming home , orange slices , var is no good