Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community

Go Back   Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community > Main Forums > The Off Topic Forum
Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-15-2009, 01:16 PM   #41
Rhettzky
Franchise Player

Exp:

If it really bugs you then wait til you see the stripper and then immediately tell the guys you need to talk to them outside. Mention that you used to date the chick and she gave you the clap. Needless to say you can then make your way to the bar.
Old 06-15-2009, 02:04 PM   #42
Yeah_Baby
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russic View Post
Then again I can be a bit of a wet blanket when in a situation such as yours. When I feel I'm being disrespected I turn into a bit of a bitch.
+1

I can be the same way.
Check out The Pod-Wraiths: A Star Trek Deep Space Nine Podcast
Yeah_Baby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2009, 02:13 PM   #43
troutman
Unfrozen Caveman Lawyer

Exp:

Tell them your 70 year old uncle is coming - Reverend Morty.
troutman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2009, 03:45 PM   #44
J pold
Franchise Player

Exp:

Grow a pair.
J pold is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2009, 03:51 PM   #45
jeremywilhelm
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Its for both in my mind. But then again, i've been to some epic bachelor parties. Im talking "the hangover" type shizz.

Some guys dont like the strippers for the bachelor parties, i've seen that, all you have to do is make sure that the girls are there for your friends and enjoy their enjoyment. Its pretty easy to tell them that you arent into it (the strippers and their bodyguards). Just deflect any unwanted poon your best mans way.
jeremywilhelm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2009, 03:59 PM   #46
FireFly
Franchise Player

Exp:

Was at the bar Saturday and there was a stag going on... it was a karaoke bar. Good times were had by the groom and all his friends, I'm quite certain. Mind you a lot of them sang and quite well including the groom, but they did have him sing some ridiculous songs as well. Also helps if the girls at the pub are willing to sing to him as well, or if the groom's friends are willing to ask the female singers at the pub to sing songs to the groom. Fun, yet harmless. No poon involved.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moneyhands23 View Post
If edmonton wins the cup in the next decade I will buy everyone on CP a bottle of vodka.
FireFly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2009, 04:00 PM   #47
alltherage
Missed the bus

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by J pold View Post
Grow a pair.
I have no problem there man. I actually have a brain that needs more than tits and ass to be entertained. Why are you always so ######y?
alltherage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2009, 04:01 PM   #48
surferguy
Monster Storm

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy Flamer View Post
I'm glad this thread came up as I was about to start one like it.

This weekend, I am throwing a bachelor party for one of my best friends who will be getting married in a few weeks. He is a quiet kind of guy and has never been one to get really wild and crazy. So there will only really be four of us, including him.

HE has asked that his dad and his father-in-law to be not be invited, as he is doing something separately with them. He has also asked for no strippers. Fine.

But besides that, the only things he wants to do is to go play a round of golf, then have the four of us come back to my place, play XBOX and get smashed. To me, that;s kind of lame. I want to come up with some fun things we can do, but am having troubles coming up with some ideas.

Anybody got any?
Hold a mini Oylmpics in a park with him. Make every event and every person against him...

Example - a chipping challange - closet to the marker wins. If you beat his best chip, then you earn a shot, if he beats everybody then he earns a shot.

That way its fun for everybody as you are in a direct challenge with the groom. It also gets everybody drinking vs just shoving booze down the throat of the groom and watching him get destroyed because he will probably end up that in condition anyway.

Events we did were

Hockey shoot out, Leg wrestling tournament, high mark jump against a wall, and a cooler toss (discus throw). All were very entertaining.

Just a thought
surferguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2009, 04:03 PM   #49
Rerun
Often Thinks About Pickles

Exp:

This thread brings back memories of when my best friend got married.

The groomsmen wanted to have strippers and all the rest, but the groom insisted on no strippers. His bachelor party consisted of 18 holes of golf and a few beers afterwards. What a drag!!

Why no strippers you ask? Because his bride to be TOTALLY objected to it! If she hadn't made such a stink he would have been all for it... we have been to strip bars before... had fun.... fun that is, before he started dating his bride to be.

After he met her he became totally whipped!!! Rarely did/does he ever partake in any activities that didn't include her ... including golf... and she doesn't play golf. Needless to say we never golfed together again, after he got married.

She ruined a good friendship.

Thank god my wife isn't like her.

Last edited by Rerun; 06-15-2009 at 04:07 PM.
Rerun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2009, 04:06 PM   #50
jeremywilhelm
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

is that why you are mostly in the doghouse?
jeremywilhelm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2009, 04:07 PM   #51
Dion
Not a casual user

Exp:

A good friend of mine got married last summer. For his stag we went to Lake Louise and took the chair to the top of the ski hill and hiked around the area for a couple of hours. Stopped in Banff for dinner on the way home and ended up at his place for some beers afterwards. That was his choice of what he wanted to do and everyone had a great time.
Old 06-15-2009, 04:10 PM   #52
Rerun

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeremywilhelm View Post
is that why you are mostly in the doghouse?
LOL..

Nope... I think it has more to do with the fact that when she talks to me most times I just hear.... blah, blah, blah, blah...
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Rerun For This Useful Post:
Old 06-15-2009, 04:16 PM   #53
Rerun

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by alltherage View Post
I have no problem there man. I actually have a brain that needs more than tits and ass to be entertained.
I guess I'm one of the dumb ones then...

Booze + music + flirty dancing hot looking naked women + lots of buddies + cigars = ENTERTAINMENT !!!!
The Following User Says Thank You to Rerun For This Useful Post:
Old 06-15-2009, 04:23 PM   #54
flip
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

My 2 cents:

Obviously they want strippers. You don't. They really just want an excuse to live vicariously through you because they are either married and want to relive being single or they are single and want to experience being on the verge of being married. I think that if it was their wedding they'd want strippers, so they assume that you must want some also.

If they want strippers so bad why don't they just do it on another night and one of them can pretend they are getting married?
flip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2009, 04:31 PM   #55
Rerun

Exp:

I have an idea...

Start your bachelor party at 7
Start drinking real heavy right away.
Have the strippers come in at 11
By then you will be so drunk you will have passed out and you won't have to endure the horror of looking at a naked woman, or god forbid, being touched by one.
Then your groomsmen, who will still be conscious, can enjoy the show.

Everybody's happy.
Old 06-15-2009, 04:40 PM   #56
4X4
One of the Nine

Exp:

Strippers are so lame. I mean, it had a novelty for a time, back when I just turned 18, but seriously, I don't get people that go to the strippers and chuck their paycheques at doped up skanks.

As for the OP, dude, your "friends" are a-holes. I don't see why they're so hung up on this. If you don't want strippers, there shouldn't be strippers. End of story. It's not unreasonable at all. The last two bachelor parties I attended were explicit "no strippers" parties. Both times because the grooms said (and only had to say it once) "no strippers".
One of them wanted to go on a bit of an adventure, so we rafted the red deer river and camped over night (and many of you will recall that that plan got derailed pretty badly), but the memory is epic. That's what he wanted. Something to remember. Not just getting idiot drunk at the bar after having some infected snatch rubbing all over his lap.
The other party was for someone who is religious and simply requested that we don't have them. It was a great time anyway. We rented a party bus and drove around getting drunk and bar hopped.
4X4 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to 4X4 For This Useful Post:
Old 06-15-2009, 04:58 PM   #57
Rerun

Exp:

I am totally amazed at how many people are anti-stripper here.
They are being called everything from skanks to disease infected whores.

Having a stag with strippers is tradition. Just because you have strippers at a stag doesn't mean you will end up drunk and come home with vd. There are a lot of girls who do this on the side and I imagine a lot of them are quite nice girls (you know the old story... stripping to put their way through college).
And just because they take their clothes off doesn't mean they will ###### you for $$$.

Now personally, I haven't been to a strip club in years (not really that interested anymore), but having a stag without strippers is going against a long held tradition. Also, the strippers are more for the groomsmen and all the other guests at the stag... not the groom. Frankly, I would loose a lot of respect for a groom who totally lost control at his stag and started fooling around with one of the girls.

... as for any unmarried groomsmen or other guests doing that? .... Go for it I say... all the more entertainment for everyone else.
The Following User Says Thank You to Rerun For This Useful Post:
Old 06-15-2009, 05:03 PM   #58
4X4
One of the Nine

Exp:

Won't somebody please think of the strippers?!? Oh wait, Rerun's on it...

Just bugging ya. Maybe I didn't need to use the phrase infected snatch, but honestly, I just don't get the appeal. I'm sure if I got married my buddies would have a stripper, and I wouldn't mind, but if they didn't have one, I'd secretly be happy.
4X4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2009, 05:10 PM   #59
J pold
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by alltherage View Post
Why are you always so ######y?
Why are you afraid of strippers?
J pold is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to J pold For This Useful Post:
Old 06-15-2009, 05:21 PM   #60
chid
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

tradition or not, if the groom doesn't want it, why disrespect his wishes??
I've gone to lots of strip joints and wouldn't care if my man wanted to go, but he's the one who thinks its a stupid waste of money.
chid is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
arshole friends , bachelor party , beer , strippers