Calgarypuck Forums - The Unofficial Calgary Flames Fan Community
Old 06-03-2009, 01:33 PM   #41
alltherage
Missed the bus

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobblehead View Post
I know bees are good and won't normally sting, but the irrational part of my brain always seems to notice the bees and wasps first.
You had a traumatic experience, Bobblehead. There is nothing to be ashamed of, except inaction for justice, and lack of revenge against wasps. It is not too late. There is a brotherhood of support, defense, and beers waiting for you, if you so choose to join. The door is open.
alltherage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2009, 01:47 PM   #42
troutman
Unfrozen Caveman Lawyer

Exp:

troutman is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to troutman For This Useful Post:
Old 06-03-2009, 01:48 PM   #43
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

[Our second goal] is to prevent terrorist insects that sponsor terror from threatening the back yards of our friends and allies with stingers of mass destruction. Some of these regimes have been pretty quiet since last summer. But we know their true nature. The Wasps are a regime armed with poison and stingers of mass destruction, while treating its civilians like slaves. The yellow jackets aggressively use these weapons and exports terror to your back yard, while an unelected few repress the Yellow Jacket people's hope for freedom. Mosquitos continues to flaunt its hostility toward you and to support terror. The Mosquito regime has plotted to develop disease, and itching, and blood sucking for over a million years. This is a regime that has already used disease to murder thousands of the worlds citizens—leaving the bodies of mothers huddled over their dead children. This is a regime that agreed to international inspections—then kicked out the inspectors. This is a regime that has something to hide from the civilized world. Insects like these, and their terrorist allies, constitute an axis of evil, arming to threaten the peace of your yard. By seeking stingers of mass destruction, these species pose a grave and growing danger. They could provide these arms to other Insects, giving them the means to match their hatred. They could attack your neighbours or attempt to ruin your BBQ. In any of these cases, the price of indifference would be catastrophic.

Look on my Works, ye Mighty, and despair!
CaptainCrunch is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to CaptainCrunch For This Useful Post:
Old 06-03-2009, 01:55 PM   #44
LChoy
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobblehead View Post
I was climbing through a barb-wire fence. My cousin (who was 8, I was 5) climbed on an rotting old stump next to the fence line and said "watch this" and stamped on it. A side fell off, and underneath was the wasp's nest (I don't believe he knew it was there). We ran screaming up to my grandmother's house (across the road and up the lane). My cousin only got stung 4 or 5 times, but once was around the eye. I was smaller and slower, so I got the brunt. My father pulled my shirt off and was stomping on it on the sidewalk as yellowjackets flew out. I have no idea how many times I was stung, but to this day a bee flying nearby triggers immediate panic. I have to concentrate to stay calm. I know bees are good and won't normally sting, but the irrational part of my brain always seems to notice the bees and wasps first.

Worse of all, it didn't even leave you with any superpowers. Maybe they had to be radioactive or something
Old 06-03-2009, 02:08 PM   #45
Bobblehead
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lchoy View Post
Worse of all, it didn't even leave you with any superpowers. Maybe they had to be radioactive or something
Well my heart rate can go from 70 to 200 in about .4 of a second. I haven't figured out how to utilize this power yet.
—Daniel J. Boorstin, historian, former Librarian of Congress
"But the Senator, while insisting he was not intoxicated, could not explain his nudity"
—WKRP in Cincinatti
Bobblehead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2009, 02:13 PM   #46
4X4
One of the Nine

Exp:

I just remembered I was swarmed by those a-holes last summer on my rafting trip from hell. That sucked.
4X4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2009, 02:20 PM   #47
alltherage
Missed the bus

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainCrunch View Post
[Our second goal] is to prevent terrorist insects that sponsor terror from threatening the back yards of our friends and allies with stingers of mass destruction. Some of these regimes have been pretty quiet since last summer. But we know their true nature. The Wasps are a regime armed with poison and stingers of mass destruction, while treating its civilians like slaves. The yellow jackets aggressively use these weapons and exports terror to your back yard, while an unelected few repress the Yellow Jacket people's hope for freedom. Mosquitos continues to flaunt its hostility toward you and to support terror. The Mosquito regime has plotted to develop disease, and itching, and blood sucking for over a million years. This is a regime that has already used disease to murder thousands of the worlds citizens—leaving the bodies of mothers huddled over their dead children. This is a regime that agreed to international inspections—then kicked out the inspectors. This is a regime that has something to hide from the civilized world. Insects like these, and their terrorist allies, constitute an axis of evil, arming to threaten the peace of your yard. By seeking stingers of mass destruction, these species pose a grave and growing danger. They could provide these arms to other Insects, giving them the means to match their hatred. They could attack your neighbours or attempt to ruin your BBQ. In any of these cases, the price of indifference would be catastrophic.

Well said, good sir! If you have joined, you should post this in the group. Otherwise... can I post it?? I already added those sweet wasp swarm and burn pics!!
Old 06-03-2009, 02:32 PM   #48
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Post away

Old 06-03-2009, 05:50 PM   #49
alltherage
Missed the bus

Exp:

Quote:
Post away
I've posted some of the testimonials from this thread. These are freaking classic!
Old 06-03-2009, 09:47 PM   #50
evilcougar
Self-Ban

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackEleven View Post
This seems like the perfect time to link this thread:
http://forums.somethingawful.com/sho...readid=2243176

Oh the beemanity!
OMG i remember visiting 4x4 in rome and he showed me this link....we laughed hysterically in a drunken stupor for hours about it!
Thanks for bringing back a hilarious memory!
evilcougar is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to evilcougar For This Useful Post:
4X4
Old 06-04-2009, 11:04 AM   #51
Flash Walken
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Nothing satisfies like killing with fire.

Unless of course, you are killing with SUGAR WATER!

I like to scatter all the carcasses around the sugar water dish on little tooth picks, as a warning to all who approach.

I am the Kurtz of the insect world.
Flash Walken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2009, 11:44 AM   #52
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flash Walken View Post
Nothing satisfies like killing with fire.

Unless of course, you are killing with SUGAR WATER!

I like to scatter all the carcasses around the sugar water dish on little tooth picks, as a warning to all who approach.

I am the Kurtz of the insect world.
Do you know how hard it is to cut off their little wasp heads and put them on a tiny little pole.

I prefer the mass graves thing myself, and I bury them deep enough so that the insect UN inspecters can't find me and sanction my by not fertilizing my flower garden.

Old 06-04-2009, 12:24 PM   #53
Flash Walken
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Do you know how hard it is to cut off their little wasp heads and put them on a tiny little pole.

I prefer the mass graves thing myself, and I bury them deep enough so that the insect UN inspecters can't find me and sanction my by not fertilizing my flower garden.
Patience is a virtue.

You dont need 100 000 pairs of boots on the ground. You need a couple of legions of battle hardened, ruthless killing machines

The mass graves are actually moats of death, smelling like old fruit and lemon juice with a strong odor of untimely death.

I love the smell of burning WD-40 in the morning.
Flash Walken is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
beer , coalition , killwithfire , men , wasps